WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't mention the horrible 'with the ball' running animations in the podcast. Am i the only one here that cringes everytime i see it in action?

Who cares about removing editing features.. THEY RUN LIKE MUTANTS :D

You are not the only one.

The running animations (not all, but some, there seems to be different animations for different players, perhaps depending on what running style they are given in the Edit mode) are just wrong. Not only do they run like mutants, but they just sort of "float" forward. What I mean by that is, if you look at their heads and upperbodies when they run, they don't "bounce" naturally, or move slightly rhytmically as happens in real life when you run. It just doesn't look like they run with their feet. It looks a bit like they are suspended at their hips in the air, with their feet just barely touching the ground.

In some cases MOCAPing a human is the only valid option. SOme players running animations should never have seen the light of day. This is a game that depends soo much on human movements. Something like this is not acceptable in this kind of series IMHO.

Last edited:
........any more news about the face creating on PS3? :o
BEATTS when are u gonna get the PS3 version of the game....my hope is all on you m8.

I wonder what Seabass is doing right now. Is he noticing all the negativity and disappointment with the game on PS3?

Or is he laughing all the way to the bank.

Makes me wonder..:-k

Having said that, I really hope he acknowledges all the complaints and disappointments with an online patch to fix the framerate issues. It's the least he could do in my opinion.

Seabass doesn't give a shit about us! Like I posted 30+ pages back, right now he is laying in a hammock sipping a cocktail somewhere very sunny with a smug smile on his ugly, frog-like face.

Hey guys, I have EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE of PES 2009 from my contact Dave. Konami have implented MANY CHANGES:

Real_Soccer_Games.jpg

goddamn shirts tucked in too.....

Seabass doesn't give a shit about us! Like I posted 30+ pages back, right now he is laying in a hammock sipping a cocktail somewhere very sunny with a smug smile on his ugly, frog-like face.

so cheap and not needfull

Again, for the 2nd time, I have cancelled my PC version order. I cannot do another year of the same boring pro. God damn it :(

They don't run like mutants, they run like Tom Sawyer. (those old enough who watched the cartoon will know).

Slowdown EVEN when you install the game on the HDD for caching purposes is absurd. In terms of overall Graphics (excluding faces), FIFA puts a lot more strain on the PS3, and even without HDD install it runs smooth. So Konami should start hiring some new, competent staff.

I think this year it became evident that konami has no interest in developing the game further, now that is pretty clear they are not putting anything new in the game they can still get away with the "legendary gameplay", which is nothing more than the usual familiar gameplay with few tweaks here and there which pleases those who like sticking to the traditional pes "cutback pass pass pass shoot" formula without investing effort into learning something new.

They stuff they intentionally took away is gonna reappear year after year, you know next year 20 stadia, 12 boots, one more league, in 2 years 24 stadia, 16 boots maybe 2vs2 on line, in 3 years masterleague on line etc. They probably planned ahead very carefully so they can still sell the max with the min effort

I think this year it became evident that konami has no interest in developing the game further, now that is pretty clear they are not putting anything new in the game they can still get away with the "legendary gameplay", which is nothing more than the usual familiar gameplay with few tweaks here and there which pleases those who like sticking to the traditional pes "cutback pass pass pass shoot" formula without investing effort into learning something new.

They stuff they intentionally took away is gonna reappear year after year, you know next year 20 stadia, 12 boots, one more league, in 2 years 24 stadia, 16 boots maybe 2vs2 on line, in 3 years masterleague on line etc. They probably planned ahead very carefully so they can still sell the max with the min effort

May be true, and most people will still buy their games. Is there no stopping this madness to let our voices be heard?

Problem is a boycott just won't work there are too many people who will buy the gme no matter what.

We need to sit seabass in a room and flash a light in his eyes.

....thread is going downhill again:(

You are right, if u praise a game that cost 70 euros and it is missing in some many parts the thread is good, if you are not willing to get ripped off with a game that suffers from slow downs, lack of modes and features then the thread is going downhill.

BTW any more news about on line??? i mean how is defending in this new pes against a human opponent???

I have the game too and have to say I'm dissapointed. Ok , gameplay is nice but the rest is utter shit. I bought the PS3 mainly for PES (stupid I know) bit this game could easily have been PS2 game. I am sick of the excuses and promises and I will never ever buy a PES before renting it first They gave us nothing but BS and smokescreens..Next gen my anus!

I have the game too and have to say I'm dissapointed. Ok , gameplay is nice but the rest is utter shit. I bought the PS3 mainly for PES (stupid I know) bit this game could easily have been PS2 game. I am sick of the excuses and promises and I will never ever buy a PES before renting it first They gave us nothing but BS and smokescreens..Next gen my anus!

Buy or "get" the ps2 version, that should be a fully featured one.

Problem is a boycott just won't work there are too many people who will buy the gme no matter what.

We need to sit seabass in a room and flash a light in his eyes.

Have you make international kits ? :8):

Can you include this kits with EPL kits for option file WENB?

Keep a good work guy!

Yeah, Ok let's say it is but if u release a "nextgen" PES there are somethings that are essential and this game is lacking so many features that it's a crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom