WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well........ you are right but we can`t do anything about it!! There shouldn`t be war, racism or child molestors but we can`t do anything about that either!!

You can change the textures in EVERY stadium! I`m playing San siro and some other stadio with different textures and it feels GOOD!

By different textures do you mean, pitch patterns?

Elite,

are there also such enormous frameratedrops in replay on the ps3?

btw, ik heb de 360 versie gekocht, dit in verband met de slowdowns in de ps3 versie. 360 heeft geen slowdown ingame, alleen die replays zijn zoooooo zwak. Best jammer

Last edited:
Elite,

are there also such enormous frameratedrops in replay on the ps3?

btw, ik heb de 360 versie gekocht, dit in verband met de slowdowns in de ps3 versie. 360 heeft geen slowdown ingame, alleen die replays zijn zoooooo zwak. Best jammer

In replays yes BUT if you change the camera with x or triangle than the replays will look great.

By different textures do you mean, pitch patterns?

Yes i mean the patterns :) You can change them for all stadia.

True, also they will be on long development cycles, they cant start working on 2009 till WE2008 is done, so 2009 wont start until December.

Konami would have wanted a PES at the same time as usual and there is only so much that can be done in the 6 months since the last WE game was released.

The level of expectation and crap seabass receives is beyond a joke. He is a producer working for a huge company, his role is to get a game ready for a deadline, not dictate what type of game Konami will get and when. 2008 is a good platform to build on and should give the 100 strong team (at least 50% wont be working on the game from beginning to end) some leeway in the extra features and improvements next year.

I'll be interested to see the 'framerate issues' when my copy arrives this week. Seems that it is doing framerate locking for the code... I wonder if it is just dropping from 30, as this is more noticeable that a locked lower framerate, for instance: Fifa runs at a locked 25fps in the replays, tunnel presentation and halftime walkoffs. Fifa also slows down in game with many players in the area, but thats been ignored so far.

Who the hell dictates what kind of game it is, if not the head of the design team, are you on his PR staff, he deserves all the complaints and derision he gets, Konami too... They have milked the cow one too many times and it's turned round and slapped them in the face...

In replays yes BUT if you change the camera with x or triangle than the replays will look great.

Wait a min. To which camera will you change it then and is there then no slowndown at all??? In 360 i change with Y to "free cam" so i can rotate with the sticks and shoulderbuttons, but still freeking slowdown...

Wait a min. To which camera will you change it then and is there then no slowndown at all??? In 360 i change with Y to "free cam" so i can rotate with the sticks and shoulderbuttons, but still freeking slowdown...

The replay will look better than the default replay and in the best stadia you wont notice the slowdown in the replay when you press x or triangle. The default replay sucks cock!

True, also they will be on long development cycles, they cant start working on 2009 till WE2008 is done, so 2009 wont start until December.
Konami would have wanted a PES at the same time as usual and there is only so much that can be done in the 6 months since the last WE game was released.

The level of expectation and crap seabass receives is beyond a joke. He is a producer working for a huge company, his role is to get a game ready for a deadline, not dictate what type of game Konami will get and when. 2008 is a good platform to build on and should give the 100 strong team (at least 50% wont be working on the game from beginning to end) some leeway in the extra features and improvements next year.

I'll be interested to see the 'framerate issues' when my copy arrives this week. Seems that it is doing framerate locking for the code... I wonder if it is just dropping from 30, as this is more noticeable that a locked lower framerate, for instance: Fifa runs at a locked 25fps in the replays, tunnel presentation and halftime walkoffs. Fifa also slows down in game with many players in the area, but thats been ignored so far.

Your beloved Seamonkey has already said "the new features are already done" for the next thrilling instalment.... They will have been working on the next version for some time, lets hope they at least put all the stuff they pulled from the last few back in, that would be a start and a refreshing change!!
I'm sorry but I can't accept anybody defending Seashore on this, I know he was no doubt under pressure to release but he has to hold his hands up to the fact he and his 'staffs', have let a great product stagnate...

360 version plays offline like a dream, not a single framerate drop, constantly 60 fps, also in bussy areas

BUT

- replays are a dissaster, i think 5 frames per second or something (so now you can save replay, but couse of the f*ck fps you dont want to..)

- online enourmous lag

BTW, JUNKA
how are replays on ps3? also this big slowndowns?

YES m8 also slow downs on PS3 replays

Well........ you are right but we can`t do anything about it!!

You could refuse to buy buggy products and thus force the company to actually start giving a shit about the people who contribute tens of millions of $ in revenue.......

By buying the game you're saying to Konami "we don't mind that you release games that have only basic, limited features, graphical bugs, slowdown, please keep selling us such games"......

Junka or elite,

Have you tried the kit import feature yet with eyetoy etc?

If so do you know what format the images are being saved as? And have you had any luck importing from HDD or Memory stick?

Last edited:
You could refuse to buy buggy products and thus force the company to actually start giving a shit about the people who contribute tens of millions of $ in revenue.......

By buying the game you're saying to Konami "we don't mind that you release games that have only basic, limited features, graphical bugs, slowdown, please keep selling us such games"......

LOL. I could refuse it YES but who will follow and will there be enough to make a point? Just like Greenpeace... But can they stop the things that they don`t approve?............. Don`t think so!

@Beatts

Not yet m8 :)

The replay will look better than the default replay and in the best stadia you wont notice the slowdown in the replay when you press x or triangle. The default replay sucks cock!

why KONAMI why ?
This is too bad for words. 360 version, zero slowdown on wide-cam, even constantly 60 fps!!!! But how typicall KONAMI not to make it perfect. How on earth can you screw up such a relativly simple thing as:

decent replays;
decent online functions.

That would make it the perfect game !

Last edited:
Junka or elite,

Have you tried the kit import feature yet with eyetoy etc?

If so do you know what format the images are being saved as? And have you had any luck importing from HDD or Memory stick?

my gay ass HP camera does not work with the ps3:(
i put some jpegs on a flash USB stick,but shit does not get reconized:(
i wil test some when im home
im at work now

12 Kit templates.

No Untucking of shirts in edit mode.

9 boots (Not editable)

Slow jerky framerates.

15 Stadiums.

No Editable Emblems.

Photo importing doesent work.

Ps2 version is better.

Same old Master League

Same nets with breeze blocks in every stadium.

Poor weather options.

Terrible framerate on replay's.

Oh dear Konami what have you done.

12 Kit templates.

No Untucking of shirts in edit mode.

9 boots (Not editable)

Slow jerky framerates.

15 Stadiums.

No Editable Emblems.

Photo importing doesent work.

Ps2 version is better.

Same old Master League

Same nets with breeze blocks in every stadium.

Poor weather options.

Terrible framerate on replay's.

Oh dear Konami what have you done.

well have to say that 360 version, best gameplay offline on widecam ever with smooth framerate (then again why such a shame replay and online function...!)

By the way, guys! It would be really nice if someone could make a list of the best stadiums to play in terms of frame rate?

It sounds like Madrid and Amsterdam are the places to avoid. But where should we play?

STOP BLAMING seabass, u're missing the point here

blame konami but not seabass. he made it clear: the team is too small to implement all the ideas he has. he cannot compete with EA in these conditions

I'm sure he is as angry with konami as u guys are. we can only hope konami realizes this and gives seabass the resources he needs to deliver next year

LMAO, even the fanboys are showing their discontent........although some still lap it up:

"2 stadiums don't have slowdown, thank you konami, best game ever"

What a joke!

STOP BLAMING seabass, u're missing the point here

blame konami but not seabass. he made it clear: the team is too small to implement all the ideas he has. he cannot compete with EA in these conditions

I'm sure he is as angry with konami as u guys are. we can only hope konami realizes this and gives seabass the resources he needs to deliver next year

Sorry you're wrong this has been coming for a while, if he does not have the 'Staffs' it's up to Sealegs to sort that out, he's the face of PES and WE, he's the one taking all the glory when it was the best game out there, now it's in melt down he has to hold his hands up too... And his team are not too small to leave in the good parts of the game he has taken out?

Fifa is a better package, but if your a PES player born and bred, so to speak, it's like learning a different language, you know what you want to say but you end up asking if you can sleep with the Barman's goat, when your ordering a round...

Also for the record ign do not sponsor the game, it is called in-game advertising. They have to pay konami to be advertised in-game.

You also see adverts for myspace etc. but do you bring these up? no.

Prehaps IGNs score is due to the fact tat they actually enjoy the game, indeed so much they paid to appear in it.

You forget not all reviewers are the die hard pesfans that we are. They take the game by face value and clearly enjoyed it. Indeed we as a comunity have become hyper critical to a point that it becomes the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom