WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the game pre-ordered on Coimbra's GAME.

but it seems that i'm buying the game on the worten store, then.

i think the players STILL SKYING AND SLIDING on the final version of the game is awful... how's this possible?

footplanting seabass.... this game needs proper footplanting, seabass you prick

o boy, i am still contemplating, should i cancel my order or not but God knows i hate my pes 2007, even though i have not had it for a year, i hate playing it both online and offline...

Thanks polakis, that confirms for me, that the PS2 version is what i will buy to play on my stupid PS3.

360 has grass problem i τhink. When the ball is moving i watψh 2 parallel lines on the grass that are moving with the ball and fix the grass near the ball. Its annoying if your eye cathes it

This is most likely the way the 3D grass handles its Level of Detail scaling. I hope to god this is fixed in the PC version through .exe file patching and fixing etc. I just can't stand having 3D grass only in some circumstances (and it sucks having the ball moving on flat 2d texture when it is farther away from the camera. If the game has 3D grass I want it even though the framerate might suffer alot.

Last edited:
Polakis, i dont understand something..........

for ofline gamplay: you told us that if we install the ps3 game in our HDD, and play with normal long cam, the slowdown is minium.......

as a consequence i preffer play a game with this conditions with better graphics, and new moves, than play a ps2 version again.....

since we 8 (PES 5 ) the game didnt improve in ps2...... obviusly this was I think....

can you confirm if the game in ofline..is playable at least (for ps3)...

After playing 5 hours the 360 version, here are my impressions (i played both games in the same time and changing channels):

1) Ps3 version slower, 360 very fast (why are they running so quick, who is chasing them?)

2) No framerate drops or slowdown in 360, but ps3 suffers (after the install too)

3)360 has grass problem i τhink. When the ball is moving i watψh 2 parallel lines on the grass that are moving with the ball and fix the grass near the ball. Its annoying if your eye cathes it

4)Fans are better and normal in 360 only in the first area of the stadiums (1st floor, 2nd-3rd floor are with pixels just like ps3). But when you zoom in the ball in a replay, the backround fans are normal in 360, even in super zoom! Ps3 fans sucks

5)Colors seemed the same to me

6)In 360 you can play live in the same team 2vs com not vs other online players

7) There are 240 registered users on live right now

8)I played my first ranked math on live, but it was very bad. Full of lag, players and ball were dissappearing suddenly and reappearing few meters after! When you have a replay you can make small comment by pressing buttons (e.g. goal, nice shot etc). The dissapointing thing is that in this 1st match score ended 6-2 nad it could be more than that! What is this? Water polo? And imagine it was my 1st game in a new game! I won 6-2, i was controlling chelsea and he was barca (not something special, despite henry etc). Live ps3 not working yet

These i think are the most important things that matter to me. I admit that both were a let down. I cant accept that the game didnt go a step forward. Too many problems for a next gen game!

I am lost in my thoughts and i dont know which console i should follow. Honestly. Maby, in the end (there can be only one, oh sorry this is from a movie lol) i will end up in ps2 version which is a game with full options, even if it hasnt good graphics. But its a shame and disgrace for me to turn to ps2, afte having ps3,360 and wii...

I havent decided yet, short time will tell. I admit that fifa is closer than ever.

WAKE UP SEABASS, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PATH! WE ARE SINKING!!!!!!!

First of all thnks for the review.

Is the next gen version that bad?

Or is just not as good as you expected?

No, it isn't that bad.
But the true is since PES2008 gone multi-platform, Konami started to lose 'focus' that was in the WE/PES on PS2.

well considering a lot of people bought a ps3 for this game and now they are saying they will get it for ps2 i think this is a major letdown, first time in years i dont even care about pro evo release, how could things have gone so wrong? from being the best by a mile now its become a joke

3)360 has grass problem i τhink. When the ball is moving i watψh 2 parallel lines on the grass that are moving with the ball and fix the grass near the ball. Its annoying if your eye cathes it

I noticed this problem in the demo but you think is going to be removed in the retail version, this can't be true.

Ok regarding the editing of shirts, with cam, and pics

I made a picture with eyetoy of the cover placed it on a shirt, no probs there works fine, (need to play arround with light and so).
Then I saved the image, hoping it would create a folder or something.

Checked the ps3 found out it was saved under game save data, but in a format that wasn't jpg i think, and you couldnt move it or replace it.

I am now looking to find a way to browse files on the harddisk, and get them off, investigate the files, is it encrypted ? what format?

let the search continue

well considering a lot of people bought a ps3 for this game and now they are saying they will get it for ps2 i think this is a major letdown, first time in years i dont even care about pro evo release, how could things have gone so wrong? from being the best by a mile now its become a joke

For me personally i know PES 08 on the PS3 will keep me busy for a while.. Im not expecting a perfect game or a game thats going to blow me away, i just wanna have fun on and offline.. To be honest i thought Fifa was great for the first week but now im kinda bored of it and wanna play PES.. The goalies for one are superhmuman and that alone pisses me off..
So basically im pretty much set for the coming months, ive got PES on the way and then in a month or so ill pick up CoD 4 and play that till my hearts content.. Games dont last a lifetime lads, they only last a few months and thats a fact! :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the reviews, pics, info, etc.

Can anyone with the game tell us how's the boot editor? Is it good? Can you make boots pretty close to the real ones? Thanks

Seatrout is goof.... work on eliminating slowdown you goof, who cares if the graphics take a hit... there should be no slowdown no matter what needs to be done... smooth gameplay with no frames being lost is a must!!

Seems to be A LOT of excuses being given to konami and seabass for their effoorts with the ps3 version this year and the 2nd version so far for 360...

personally EA had the same issues so it's kinda vaild HOWEVER. you'd expect more from the premier soccer developer at least and it's not been good. the game i thought was going to be a complete overhaul and it is sadly not at all

FFS.....

Seabas has bascically come out & said he hates PES2008. Hes has said in not so many words let me make the game that i want to make.

Hes had his chance to move the game on ut this is part Konamis fault as they probably wanted to maximise sales this year.

People might say i am makeingexcuses but EA did the EXACT sme ting with Fifa until this year.

ALL these companies want to make money fast. This Konamis premier multi platform game what do you expect.

For the first time Seabass has basically come out & attacked his own game should that not say something?

If you have a PS3 get the PS2 and PS3 version simple.

I'm gonna try getting the ps3 version. As long as it plays like any pes and has next gen graphics it will keep me busy for a year. Plus other games like dmc4 mgs4 and assasins creed will keep my ps3 busy for a while.

Bottom line is as long as its a pes game im getting it.

I'm gonna try getting the ps3 version. As long as it plays like any pes and has next gen graphics it will keep me busy for a year. Plus other games like dmc4 mgs4 and assasins creed will keep my ps3 busy for a while.

Bottom line is as long as its a pes game im getting it.

I will as well but WE2008 IS geting bought. English option, framerate will be sorted guarantee that as Seabass knows how much stick he will get.

Konami & Seabass are to blame but he works for a company & as sad as it is they are in the profits business.

Also you said PS3 was expensive and complicated?? How come Infinity Ward have managed to make COD4 EXACTLY the same on 360/PS3 with FULL AA & 60fps?

They had individual teams working o both machines.

Konami take note there Seabass's new re-shuffle right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, poor Seabass.
Blame Konami for not giving him enough staff or money.
Seabass does what he can with his hands tied by the Konami execs.

Blame Konami for not giving him enough staff or money.
Seabass does what he can with his hands tied by the Konami execs.

True, also they will be on long development cycles, they cant start working on 2009 till WE2008 is done, so 2009 wont start until December.

Konami would have wanted a PES at the same time as usual and there is only so much that can be done in the 6 months since the last WE game was released.

The level of expectation and crap seabass receives is beyond a joke. He is a producer working for a huge company, his role is to get a game ready for a deadline, not dictate what type of game Konami will get and when. 2008 is a good platform to build on and should give the 100 strong team (at least 50% wont be working on the game from beginning to end) some leeway in the extra features and improvements next year.

I'll be interested to see the 'framerate issues' when my copy arrives this week. Seems that it is doing framerate locking for the code... I wonder if it is just dropping from 30, as this is more noticeable that a locked lower framerate, for instance: Fifa runs at a locked 25fps in the replays, tunnel presentation and halftime walkoffs. Fifa also slows down in game with many players in the area, but thats been ignored so far.

JO LADS! Did you read my posts!? There is NO slowdown in a couple stadia! Yesteday i playd all night @San Siro with a couple m8s and it played PERFECT!! I`ve got a Pioneer 42inch Plasma HD with the PS3 on 1080i. Trust me when im saying there is NO slowdown with some NICE stadia!

WTF u online with the PS3 already Elite???
it did not work for me last night:(
btw i also ajusted the colors in the menu and indeed the pitch colors are much better then normal yellowish corn field color;)
Think it has also had a effect that i played now at my samsung 50'HD plasma:)its a whole new expierence.

Not yet m8 :) Tried it this morning again but it still ain`t working :)

There should be NO slowdown in any stadia, this is next gen is it not?

Well........ you are right but we can`t do anything about it!! There shouldn`t be war, racism or child molestors but we can`t do anything about that either!!

You can change the textures in EVERY stadium! I`m playing San siro and some other stadio with different textures and it feels GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom