WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playscope review PES 2008 for PS3 (7.5)

From the very classic

PES 2008 on next gen remainder of a very (too?) Classicism in large modes. Exhibition, Master League, League Cup, Network, Training and publishing are the main modes available for you burst. Nothing fundamentally new this one especially as compared to the PS2 version, the options are far fewer. The team did, I must admit, in the minimalist lack of time. Regulars, however, will find their marks. The majority of modes is adjustable. The mode change is not also provided on PS2 but not otherwise meet a minimum those who like to customize (for stats, see the preview). For those who have a webcam or the forthcoming PlayStation Eye, you can have fun, to put your head or that of your friends to create your own team. The technique is quite simple but requires a little time and good lighting to succeed. The online game you need to register via a site accessible directly from the console. An access code is included with each version. The online game allows only play two (one against one or two against the machine). Konami complete all with different classifications world who meet the major competitors.

Realization

Do not deny the facts. PES 2008 is not a lightning technique. Clean but without much sparkle, this version PS3 suffers from some drawbacks as replays fluid and not a few delays here and there (recurring defect on this saga, in fact.) This is not frankly embarrassing but we can be surprised given the power of the console. Compared with FIFA 08, 2008 SEP is truly one notch below visually speaking. The players are not as well modeled and do not enjoy as much impact. On the other hand, curiously, and EA has been well hidden, the faces of the players are much more successful on PES 2008 as FIFA 08 whose "mask made of wax" that we hardly recognize our favorite players. Side environments and the staging, PES 2008 remains poorer than its smaller competitor despite efforts still insufficient. The animations remain the same hardening than previous releases. It is clean, without frills and service of the legendary gameplay. The background noise is correct but again these comments are still sometimes next to the plate. Personally, I always removes.

Notice-Michel - October 20, 2007

Konami had said. For this year, the privileged is the PS2 version (see test). It is true that the majority of sales will be still on PS2. For the next gen as this version PlayStation 3, the development team has done a job more approach. Of course the requirement to us that some players will be disappointed by this first version. With fewer options and aspects largely improved, PES 2008 is not the ultimate title of the saga for sure. Both the PS2 version has a great maturity, both the PS3 is reminiscent of the very first PS2 PES precisely. In keeping with the excellent playability, we have to admit we have loved outbid visual and technology is expected of a PS3. However, I can not shun my pleasure. PES 2008 remains for me a more catchy title than its competitor for one reason: the feeling of control of the ball. Both FIFA 08 goes further and further in the simulation, all PES 2008 focuses on the immediate aspect of the game It does not have this uncomfortable feeling of "pre-action" at all times. For this reason alone, I prefer PES 2008 even though I can not deny the excellent progress of the saga competitor. As far as artificial intelligence, some will find any. I personally find it correct. Players properly covering the ground and are better defensively, in my opinion. It is difficult to assess accurately the famous TeamVision announced by Konami. Its impact is really very visible only after long hours of Thursday In all, 2,008 PES closer to a game PES5 requires more relaxed, more thoughtful, more constructed what is really not to displease me. Pending future editions we hoped bright-Seabass, producer of the game, indicating that the team has barely touched the potential of the PS3-PES 2008 is probably not the final version but the fans find their habits , the pleasure of the game, all in HD. Is this not the essence?

Polakis in terms of gameplay how does it feel the game (pes 2008 PS3) in comparison with PES 6 (PS2)=????? better? poor?? good??? same??

I was hoping PES2008 would be the game that made me happy i got a PS3.
Oh well, I can use it for the PS2 version :)

The PS3, 360 version has got ratings from 7 to 9's from tons of magazines.. 7 isnt that bad so all im hoping for is another fun PES that i can play for several months.. Different ppl will like different things..!

The question is, does the game get that bad ( 7 is bad for PES , for Fifa maybe not ) score, cause of framerate, lack of licences, not good enough next gen graphic etc, or is it because of gameplay ?

No you cant play the game without the disc :)

My thoughts:

Gameplay: GREAT! You need to get used to it but once you did you will love it
Keepers: BETTER and MORE athletic
Presentation: Menu SUCKS, Crowd SUCKS, Music SUCKS.
Shooting/Passing: Seems strange but feels good...... Manual high pass mode (type 5) feels SUPERB!
Graphics: Nice BUT could be better.
Replays: The standard replays are AWFULL but when you press X the view/graphics will be a LOT better and no stutter!
Stadia: Noticed that some stadia got slowdowns but there are stadias that play smooooooooooooooooooooth!
Commentary: GREAT and MUCH better.
Online: Couldn`t create an account yet :(

Overall: 9 (it`s all about gameplay and the graphics look very nice on my Pioneer 42inch HD plasma!!) This a good start for a FIRST GENERATION PS3 next gen`s game BUT they can improve the game for sure!

I also like the addition to control your wall and selecting defenders to go up with freekicks/corners (WATCH OUT FOR A COUNTER!). And the advantage has been redone and is way better than in Pes6!

My thoughts:

Shooting/Passing: Seems strange but feels good...... Manual high pass mode (type 5) feels SUPERB!
Replays: The standard replays are AWFULL but when you press X the view/graphics will be a LOT better and no stutter!
Stadia: Noticed that some stadia got slowdowns but there are stadias that play smooooooooooooooooooooth!

Overall: 9 (it`s all about gameplay and the graphics look very nice on my Pioneer 42inch HD plasma!!) This a good start for a FIRST GENERATION PS3 next gen`s game BUT they can improve the game for sure!

Sounds great i listen much more to your hardcore player than to game magz and if Elite,iceman and junka says the game is good then its great for me =)

Goodmorning

Gameplay is almost perfect after the install! Way better than pes6.

But replays, and fans textures are spoiling my joy. I can live with it though. In 2-3 hours i will have ps2/360 versions and then i will make the final judgment...

Online not working yet

Picture import i cant do it. Dont know how. I dont have a camera right now...
I dont have specific instructions in the manual. Only general (put the eyetoy camera usb or similar camera and take pictures)

Last edited:

My thoughts:

AGREE!!! with you m8

sorry guys have been away for a while,
like i said before i was waiting for my cousin,when he came we played the game like zombiez
started 18:30 till 05:00 in the morning thats like 10 hours L0L.
The 1 vs 1 is awsome and so far im enjoying the game more and more,
my cousin never played the nextgen version ever before hes personal feeling was diferent he says right away its the same as PES6 but with smooth gameplay,but after playing for 10 hours he loves the game. Ideed the turf and framte rates are a bit letdown but if u can pas that u have a great game.
The pace is realy much better.

edit
yes after installing HDD the loading and framerate/slowdowns are les
i can not answer al questions sorry,but some questions asked here are realy already answered and known:O

Last edited:
polakis

1191855148905.jpg

1191855150864.jpg

will this help ?

polakis

1191855148905.jpg

1191855150864.jpg

will this help ?
In the 360 and the PS3 you don't get this picture, so that is a difference with the PC. Makes sure for me that you only can scan with a camera and can't get it from a picture in PS3 and the 360.

@unique, you have the problem with both the PS3 and the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom