WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can do that with the edited teams, I just tried it with an exhibition match.

You mean we can play and choose from any of them ML teams? Not your ML team only, but all the other ones as well? Edit them all from Virgo, Taurus, Leo etc to realistic teams and pick them to play in exhibition matches? Can you please show me a pic of that?

@ Han, whats this virgo, classics comment? Are there fake ML teams or something? I mean the 250+ teams question was never anwsered. Is this that?
I did not count it, but the whole C- league is full of teams you can edit and from my memory I guess there are 20 of it. If that's what you mean by fake master league teams, I don't know, as I don't know what you mean with virgo-classic comment :shock:

You mean we can play and choose from any of them ML teams? Not your ML team only, but all the other ones as well? Edit them all from Virgo, Taurus, Leo etc to realistic teams and pick them to play in exhibition matches? Can you please show me a pic of that?
I talk about all teams in League C

I talk about all teams in League C

Well..I was talking about 52 teams that you have the chance to pick when you starting your ML...the screens I saw included some teams like Virgo, Classics, Geldoran73 (or something like that).. On your frendlies menu, when you pick the teams, can you select a ML bar?

Other question...the nets physics are the same? On the demo they barely moved compared to last PES...

After playing for 3 hours pes 2008 on ps3 here are my thoughts:
It is certainly an improvement over pes6 but has flaws. There are slowdowns in every match which are annoying but I think you will eventually get used to them. What worries me is the goalkeepers. I was on a one-on-one vs casillas with tevez and the shot went between his legs and then in the back of the net. It thought "ok, 1 in a million". Then played vs juventus and I made a cross with ronaldo and buffon, who had mase some superhuman saves before, completely misjudged his exit and the ball went on to giggs for a super easy header.

Also, I scored the very first free kick I was given with ronaldo and I am very average with free kicks on pes6 and I had plenty of other free kicks hit the post. So I'd say they made free kicks easier which is nice, I think.

Bottom line, my opinion is that if you alreasy got ps3, then get it. If not, then I think it's not worth buying ps3 just for pes2008 and personally I won't buy ps3 until a very good price drop.

It is certainly an improvement over pes6 but has flaws. There are slowdowns in every match which are annoying but I think you will eventually get used to them. What worries me is the goalkeepers. I was on a one-on-one vs casillas with tevez and the shot went between his legs and then in the back of the net. It thought "ok, 1 in a million". Then played vs juventus and I made a cross with ronaldo and buffon, who had mase some superhuman saves before, completely misjudged his exit and the ball went on to giggs for a super easy header.

Also, I scored the very first free kick I was given with ronaldo and I am very average with free kicks on pes6 and I had plenty of other free kicks hit the post. So I'd say they made free kicks easier which is nice, I think.

Bottom line, my opinion is that if you alreasy got ps3, then get it. If not, then I think it's not worth buying ps3 just for pes2008 and personally I won't buy ps3 until a very good price drop.

Oh dear oh dear its the rebound keepers back once again really grated on my nerves in previous games ok once or twice but in matches it happened alot of times.

Fifa 08 not perfect keeper wise but this rebounding is so annoying especially with friend keeper just rebounds it pretty much 95% to opposition resulting in cheap tap ins. Cant beleive a mag reported a while ago that they now push it away what happened there ? load of drivel not sure if ever get keepers right taken so long.

Will be seeing for myself very soon if this is the case

Dont keepers make mistakes? You said that Buffon made great saves???

Dont see a problem really.

@ Dead Man
He made some super saves in the game keeping the match 0-0 and showing his class so that cross should have been super easy but the ball just went past his hands. I think the keepers in this game are like Bartez: can make the save of the century and then make a mistake only an amateur keeper would do...

so when you install it, you don't need the disc nomore? I mean just like Tekken or something?

I think it installs some of it only and you use the dvd obviously. I don't have a PS3 but thats what my friend told me. Just like other PS3 games.

EDIT: Dead man also replied :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom