WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both versions, so it will take some time to figure things out.
About the slowdowns: In the replay from the PS3 version is a terrible stuttering ( it is not really slowdown, as you can see it skips some frames all the time, so stuttering is a better word for it). The game in general plays with a nice pace, close to that of PES 5 ! So it is clearly nonsense that the game is too fast; it's perfect.
In fact, when playing in the Arena ( 360 ) with wide view you even get it more slow than on the PS3 and it almost plays the speed of FIFA 08, only a tad faster.

One Major Surprise: You can play with your masterleague team on-line, but without editing or growth of the players. Also edited names of the team or the players are set to default. But it is a start :)

About the slowdowns: In the replay from the PS3 version is a terrible stuttering ( it is not really slowdown, as you can see it skips some frames all the time, so stuttering is a better word for it). The game in general plays with a nice pace, close to that of PES 5 ! So it is clearly nonsense that the game is too fast; it's perfect.
In fact, when playing in the Arena ( 360 ) with wide view you even get it more slow than on the PS3 and it almost plays the speed of FIFA 08, only a tad faster.

One Major Surprise: You can play with your masterleague team on-line, but without editing or growth of the players. Also edited names of the team or the players are set to default. But it is a start :)

So during gameplay what about the slowdown?

Be good to know.

Han waar heb jij het spel gekocht, ik will het ook halen maar kan het niet vinden ik zoek overal maar nog niets.

So during gameplay what about the slowdown?

Be good to know.
During gameplay I only did see real slowdown when the goalkeeper shoot the ball out.
I had a huge scrimmage in front of goal and no slowdown! That was on the 360.
In the PS3 there is only stutter ( no slowdown ) and the stutter is in the replay.
The 360 plays even slower than the 360 and I am really delighted about the pace of the game.

I bought the game at Bart Smit in Rijswijk, but more Bart Smit-shops sell it. Be quick, some already are selled out!

During gameplay I only did see real slowdown when the goalkeeper shoot the ball out.
In the PS3 there is only stutter ( no slowdown ) and the stutter is in the replay.
The 360 plays even slower than the 360 and I am really delighted about the pace of the game.

I bought the game at Bart Smit in Rijswijk, but more Bart Smit-shops sell it. Be quick, some already are selled out!

Ok thank you

Good to know. Thanks.

Will change to Normal Long tho just to hopefully get no slowdown

Ok thanks
Was that today?

Last edited:
Someone can take a video of the ps3 version with medium / good quality, to show us the slowdown please........

thank you all

Voltes if you have HDTV you don't need NTSC. I cannot give a better answer.
Your teamvision question: I certainly go finding that out this evening, because I myself find that an important issue. The game plays much better on top-player than the Demo did, so that is already an improvement.

Adding this all together I have to conclude that RobMcLean got a beta version for sure, because this one is harder and slower and he sais the opposite!

Anyone with the game(mine's still in the post :( )Can you import images off the harddrive in the 360 version?
Need to know for option file, pretty sure you can just want final clarification :)

Can somebody who has the game confirm that we can indeen untuck shirts, and that when the camera is in wide mode the boots ll turn to black?

Thanks in advance.

@ laila, me too bart smit,

Ok something i realy hate at the moment is the running, it speeds up and the animation is so ugly, but it doesn't kill the experience so far, but a little bit over the top

@ charley
I agree that the whole pr talk was as normal, (my pr people do the same,)
bullshit and making it look better than it was, and selling features that are not in the game.

some animations are great and some are realy crap.
The running and heading a high ball comming from a GK, are awfull imo
Overhead kicks, some shooting are really nice

Han, do you mean with 'One Major Surprise: You can play with your masterleague team on-line' that you can play it in every online game or only in competitions like in PES6?

Yes, that's what I say :)
I see at your Avatar that you played FIFA08: Well, this plays a tad faster, about the same as PES 5 did. PS3 version plays slightly faster but not much. I prefer the 360 version.
Shooting is more difficult than the demo. The game overall plays more difficult as the demo.

liverpool!, liverPOOL!!, LIVERPOOL!!!
:)

That was a definite PK at the end for Everton you lucky cunts got away with it

EDIT:

@ Han,

Thank you mate :)
Can you tell me on what tv settings you play? Also from what i read before that this game only supports 480 and 720, not 1080.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I say :)
I see at your Avatar that you played FIFA08: Well, this plays a tad faster, about the same as PES 5 did. PS3 version plays slightly faster but not much. I prefer the 360 version.
Shooting is more difficult than the demo. The game overall plays more difficult as the demo.

did you try to upload pic to the game (face or kit) .. if u .. how to do that ?

PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom