WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a good idea if people not only tell if they have slowdown, but also tell us what kind of TV they have ( LCD, normal or plasma)...

True i guess there will be differences according to screenzise and lcd plasma or normal tv .... probably also in which camera angle your playing with

Maybe a good idea if people not only tell if they have slowdown, but also tell us what kind of TV they have ( LCD, normal or HDTV)...

Well so sony should start putting on the game requirements the tv......."Min Spec TV". I still don't get how the tv is responsible, i mean one thing is delaying the response time, but slow down themselves or framerate dropping???????? Anyone who knows this stuff here????

Ok got the game as well, and stupid as i am just tried all the settings found one setting called install game data,

clicked that and now its installing for already 4 minutes, ????

so probably its playing from harddisk ??

let you guys know what i think of the game, didn't play yet

I really think some people are more sensitive to slowdown. Though this is happening with a lot if PS3 games and everyone always says "lazy developers!".

I really think some people are more sensitive to slowdown. Though this is happening with a lot if PS3 games and everyone always says "lazy developers!".

When you see games like Ratchet & Clank, Call Of Duty run smoothly. Of course people are gonna blame developers.

There is no excuse. Yea the 360 is easier to program for but other developers are managing the PS3.

When you see games like Ratchet & Clank, Call Of Duty run smoothly. Of course people are gonna blame developers.

There is no excuse. Yea the 360 is easier to program for but other developers are managing the PS3.

True mate games like ratchet an clank, uncharted and GT prologue really show that the ps3 is indeed a great machine, funny how all of these titles are also exclusive, goes further the prove that it is infact developers trying to lazily port from 360.

Many people cant tell 60fps from 30fps if the frame rate is fixed, doesn't fluctuate and they don't have direct comparisons. Alot of people can usually only tell the difference between 30 and 25 when it drops from 30, if it was a solid 25 many (including developers) cannot tell. You maybe looking, but it doesn't mean you can see.

Ported games or games with middleware will also be slower than exclusive games.

P.S. Slowdown and framerate dropping CAN also be separate issues. This isnt always the developers fault, the powers that be often dictate development methods on multiformat games.

Last edited:
Ok about slowdown, noticed a real big change, put the camera on wide in orange arena, and was real slowdown, put it back to normal long, no slowdown what so ever.

The pace of the game, is good, faster than fifa, a lot slower than pes6 on x360, it moves different and is a different game, feels a lot different
first feeling its good, but i am not sure yet.

About the installing on harddisk, need to find out took really 7 min to install, and if this is all the data on the disk, installed on the harddisk, We might be able to proper patch this and put it back (just dreaming here) I go back to play some more.

I called arround to about 20 gameshops, and finally one got it, 6 others had it but were sold out already,

So I am playing around now with everything to find out

Ok about slowdown, noticed a real big change, put the camera on wide in orange arena, and was real slowdown, put it back to normal long, no slowdown what so ever.

The pace of the game, is good, faster than fifa, a lot slower than pes6 on x360, it moves different and is a different game, feels a lot different
first feeling its good, but i am not sure yet.

About the installing on harddisk, need to find out took really 7 min to install, and if this is all the data on the disk, installed on the harddisk, We might be able to proper patch this and put it back (just dreaming here) I go back to play some more.

Same bug as previous versions then. Wide ebing troublesome. Damm it guess i will have to try a new cam for this year

I always played on wide cam on previous games but this years Normal long cam is very good, let's say in between wide and normal long from previous versions.

Can't figure out how to edit face and kits though because when I try to load a picture he says "no pictures found".

But truly a massive 10 for gameplay from me, it's briliant! Slower then pes6 but still a good pace!

I always played on wide cam on previous games but this years Normal long cam is very good, let's say in between wide and normal long from previous versions.

Can't figure out how to edit face and kits though because when I try to load a picture he says "no pictures found".

But truly a massive 10 for gameplay from me, it's briliant! Slower then pes6 but still a good pace!

what version do you have ??

The saving grace for us all this year over previous years:

Konami can patch the game! If the figure it out for WE2008 whats causing the slowdown on PS3 version in wide cam, i expect them to patch it.

Hate patches but sometimes its a blessing in disguise

have a problem with network, code is already in use, tried capitals and miniscules,

one of the greek guys had the same did he fix it,

anybody else had the same or is it because network isn't up yet

After 8 hours playing pro2008 for ps3 here are my serious impressions:

The game has the same gameplay mechanics as before plus 9-10 new movement animations, but thats it. On the contrary some super annoying problems appearing that ruinning the game! Sorry to say that but the first appearance on ps3 its a failure, as it is the first pes/we game that makes me skeptical and annoyed...I dont know how the 360 version will be, but i dont think that it will be different.

I am starting to believe that the best edition will be again pro2008 for ps2!
There we will have 40 stadiums, full edit mode, worse graphics (who cares)!
It will be smooth on ps2, due to the known mechanics that have succeded in the past.

I am very pissed writing all this, but I cant take it anymore from Konami and seabass! The game suffers obviously and the slowdown/framerate problem is obvious. Especially in some stadiums the game becomes unplayable when the balls is kicked out from the area to the center of the field the games crawls...

Lines that spoiling the image appearing in the top of the screen due to framerate problems.

The fans are designed terrible, pixelated, and i think they are worse than fans of pro6 for 360!
We have same nets and goalposts in every stadium, and grasses with levels of quality (good,bad,normal) and weird dark areas.

I am waiting the 360 version to check it, but i dont have much hope. I can see my self 1 more year playing ps2 version!

Its a pitty Mr Seabass, even fifa is catching you and passes over you, and you showed up to give excuses for your failure 1-2 weeks before the release of pro2008 advertising pes2009 already!

This is happening first time to me with a pes/we game and its a direct hit (i am mad with this game), as i feel empty of football this year with that release (except if ps2 version is great), even fifa is a joke for me (very slow pace, unresponsive game, no passion and heat in the game).

I also want to say that this release is a strong hit for ps3 which had many hopes in pse2008 to sale consoles, and you must be very stupid not to see this mess! Its like ps3 cant handle pes code!WTF? I cant fooking believe it!

I am waiting for 360 and ps2 version...

Sorry for my english and sorry if that was a long message, but i am very angry with Konami, Seabass and ps3! 69 euro for this game? OMG!

So there is the confirmation: Konami lied to their valued customers for nearly a year. Are you fanboys still going to stick up for Seaturd and Konami NOW? Thanks for the review Polakis. :)

To be honest so far i checked, i have to dissagree here,

really loved fifa and the new stuff they did, but it plays totally different, speed is ok, saw that many flaws that were on PES6 x360 before.
Have been fixed,

Its to early to give a good judgement after 5 games played, but it feels ok

stop the negativity, they could do much better (i agree with that) but it feels good, and its not as bad as we might asume if we listen to charles you and some others, give it time check it out, and play the best game possible, Fifa or PES.

stop the negativity, they could do much better (i agree with that) but it feels good, and its not as bad as we might asume if we listen to charles you and some others, give it time check it out, and play the best game possible, Fifa or PES.

Interesting that the balanced view comes from someone that has actually got the game.

Once we agree that the early konami press releases were full of crap (A true next gen visual experience and a revolutionary AI called "team vision") we can discuss how the gameplay has changed for the good or for the bad.

So far nobody gave any feedback about passing, shooting, defending, through balls cross cuback etc. I am curious to find out about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom