WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture4ha6.jpg

i see a grudge match.... hehehe i have some friends in corfu who support both these teams

After 8 hours playing pro2008 for ps3 here are my serious impressions:

The game has the same gameplay mechanics as before plus 9-10 new movement animations, but thats it. On the contrary some super annoying problems appearing that ruinning the game! Sorry to say that but the first appearance on ps3 its a failure, as it is the first pes/we game that makes me skeptical and annoyed...I dont know how the 360 version will be, but i dont think that it will be different.

I am starting to believe that the best edition will be again pro2008 for ps2!
There we will have 40 stadiums, full edit mode, worse graphics (who cares)!
It will be smooth on ps2, due to the known mechanics that have succeded in the past.

I am very pissed writing all this, but I cant take it anymore from Konami and seabass! The game suffers obviously and the slowdown/framerate problem is obvious. Especially in some stadiums the game becomes unplayable when the balls is kicked out from the area to the center of the field the games crawls...

Lines that spoiling the image appearing in the top of the screen due to framerate problems.

The fans are designed terrible, pixelated, and i think they are worse than fans of pro6 for 360!
We have same nets and goalposts in every stadium, and grasses with levels of quality (good,bad,normal) and weird dark areas.

I am waiting the 360 version to check it, but i dont have much hope. I can see my self 1 more year playing ps2 version!

Its a pitty Mr Seabass, even fifa is catching you and passes over you, and you showed up to give excuses for your failure 1-2 weeks before the release of pro2008 advertising pes2009 already!

This is happening first time to me with a pes/we game and its a direct hit (i am mad with this game), as i feel empty of football this year with that release (except if ps2 version is great), even fifa is a joke for me (very slow pace, unresponsive game, no passion and heat in the game).

I also want to say that this release is a strong hit for ps3 which had many hopes in pse2008 to sale consoles, and you must be very stupid not to see this mess! Its like ps3 cant handle pes code!WTF? I cant fooking believe it!

I am waiting for 360 and ps2 version...

Sorry for my english and sorry if that was a long message, but i am very angry with Konami, Seabass and ps3! 69 euro for this game? OMG!

Last edited:
After 8 hours playing pro2008 for ps3 here are my serious impressions:

The game has the same gameplay mechanics as before plus 9-10 new movement animations, but thats it. On the contrary some super annoying problems appearing that ruinning the game! Sorry to say that but the first appearance on ps3 its a failure, as it is the first pes/we game that makes me skeptical and annoyed...I dont know how the 360 version will be, but i dont think that it will be different.

I am starting to believe that the best edition will be again pro2008 for ps2!
There we will have 40 stadiums, full edit mode, worse graphics (who cares)!
It will be smooth on ps2, due to the known mechanics that have succeded in the past.

I am very pissed writing all this, but I cant take it anymore from Konami and seabass! The game suffers obviously and the slowdown/framerate problem is obvious. Especially in some stadiums the game becomes unplayable when the balls is kicked out from the area to the center of the field the games crawls...

Lines that spoiling the image appearing in the top of the screen due to framerate problems.

The fans are designed terrible, pixelated, and i think they are worse than fans of pro6 for 360!
We have same nets and goalposts in every stadium, and grasses with levels of quality (good,bad,normal) and weird dark areas.

I am waiting the 360 version to check it, but i dont have much hope. I can see my self 1 more year playing ps2 version!

Its a pitty Mr Seabass, even fifa is catching you and passes over you, and you showed up to give excuses for your failure 1-2 weeks before the release of pro2008 advertising pes2009 already!

This is happening first time to me with a pes/we game and its a direct hit (i am mad with this game), as i feel empty of football this year with that release (except if ps2 version is great), even fifa is a joke for me (very slow pace, unresponsive game, no passion and heat in the game).

I also want to say that this release is a strong hit for ps3 which had many hopes in pse2008 to sale consoles, and you must be very stupid not to see this mess! Its like ps3 cant handle pes code!WTF? I cant fooking believe it!

I am waiting for 360 and ps2 version...

Sorry for my english and sorry if that was a long message, but i am very angry with Konami, Seabass and ps3! 69 euro for this game? OMG!

So to summarize, you say the main problem is slowdown, but not in all stadiums?
Some you can play without slowdown?

I phoned round 2 local blockbuster stores and nope they dont have it available yet... PESGAMING are a bunch of bullshitters if you ask me :) and people have a go at the WENB Boys.....
I quite clearly stated that it was a 'rumour' and put the word MAY in capital letters. Yet still people take it as gospel? It is a fact that some people have been able to pick up the game - so yes... it's bullshit.

And i forgot something very important:

When half time is over and full time and the stats of the game appear (you know shot on goal, cards,posession etc) we have a big sponsor in red and white colors under the stats table

It says:

IGN.COM

Pitty seabass, pitty. Thats where 9.2 of ign goes...

When half time is over and full time and the stats of the game appear (you know shot on goal, cards,posession etc) we have a big sponsor in red and white colors under the stats table

It says:

IGN.COM

show us the pics!!!!!!

without proff its BS imo

It says:

IGN.COM

dude,i have two questions please
1) are you playing in HD?
2) Can you please make a tiny video for us to see the problems?
It will be very nice from you
Bye

It says:

IGN.COM

One question. What languages are available?? can you change commentary lang in options? (hope italian commentary is there)

Thanks for your impressions polakis.
The smart play is to get PES for the PS2, and wait for WE2008 on PS3.
Can you play WE2008 online on a PAL PS3?

its funny cos i know 2 other guys that already got pes2008 for ps3 and they dont complain about slowdowns in the game, only a lil bit on the cut scenes.

You can't really say that mate. It ain't bullshit.

im not saying its BS. cos i dont have the game so i dont know

but unless i see some proff i wont beleive its that bad. cos i know 2 other guys who told me the slowdowns arent that bad, they only noticed a bit on the cut scenes

Yeah it does sound like theres a bit too much slowdown to be true to me, I mean I asked how much there was to Rob and if he says, not much, a little, not enough to put me off, I would expect it to be when its very crowded say start of corners like the 360 PES6.

He had said that a few times, none of this crappy lines at the top, none of this crawling at half way line, sounds too crap, I doubt Seabass alone would sell it if its that bad.

Man I ordered the PS2 version from Play for that tourny, and im getting one of the 360 or PS3 from argos, as the gfs mother works in argos amazingly enough so I will get 10% off, and I will sell PES6 360 for a fiver or so at CEX and then it will only cost £31 bargain and a free PES footy. Now just a cheap place to get the remaining next gen one, shopto have stopped pre-ordering :(

On top of that I need a new xbox live annual thing, anyone know somewhere cheap?

Worse comes to worse, I will just take one back anyway :D

Last edited:
Somebody on PESfan some days ago wrote about a setting in PS3 to switch off; The upscaler should be off and PS/PS2 smoothing should be off.
Maybe the one person has this off and the other doesn't.
It is funny that polakis, who has a Sony 1080p HDTV, has these slowdowns and others almost have none...
How are upscaler and smoothing are set at your PS3, polakis? You can find it in settings-->Game settings.

I didnt log in for a day and suddenly people have a copy of the game?

How did u guys get them? Did stores release them before release date like pes6 or is it some kind of promotional copy?

If you want to take pes2008 and ps3 to its limits, try to play 2vs2 offline. You wont stand after 2-3 matches. terrible framerate. Traggic

I cant play right now cause its 2.31 here in Greece.

I have a Sony 55'' KDS55a2000 Rear Projection Full HD TV.

I heard those rumors for these settings. I will try them tomorrow morning and i will post the results. But i think its bs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom