WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which stadium(name) was it that you were playing on that video without slowdowns?

And, if everything you said turns out to be the case for many people, it will indeed be a slap in the face from Konami to all of us WE fans.

I'm glad I ordered the PC version for now.

You will see for your self in a few days my friend

Oh f*cking God ....... help us. This can't be happening .. reviews bought for in-game advertising?

About the video, I thought it was okay, didn't really see too much problems. Although you must play it yourself to see what has changed.

Last edited:
Oh f*cking God ....... help us. This can't be happening .. reviews bought for in-game advertising?

Well, most likely the reviewer has nothing to do with the ads, but it is debatable what their morale is and how much, if any, the advertisment has affected their views.

Obviously the safe thing is to not put too much weight on reviews that are in a situation where they could be compromised. And it certainly doesn't look good any way you look at it.

Well, most likely the reviewer has nothing to do with the ads, but it is debatable what their morale is and how much, if any, the advertisment has affected their views.

Obviously the safe thing is to not put too much weight on reviews that are in a situation where they could be compromised. And it certainly doesn't look good any way you look at it.

At end of day its under Corporation but to me maybe im thinking to negative but i cant help but think there been a backhander tbh.

But in game advertising happens in alot of games but it makes it worse when you see the in game advertisement is one of that given by well known review site.

I'll get the PS3 version and the PC version I think.

My new computer should be able to play it perfectly at any resolution.

Polakis went a whole game without giving away a freekick (foul or offside).

Last edited:
To continue with the girlfriend analogies, these past few months in PES world have been like finding out that the girlfriend you madly love has cheated on you with your best friend or something.

I feel very sour. If I do get this, it will be for PC, where patchers can save the game from Konamis "Snes-like development methods"...

For today that is. Let's wait for other members to get their hand on the game and post their thoughts. Hopefully the PC game doesn't give any problems.

Does the game actually support 1080i completely.. Maybe a reason for such bad framerate and lines being shown.. Other ppl havent complained about that, so i dont know, maybe some sort of reason.. Still, konami seriously need to pull there finger out next year!
And yer an update should defo be given to us.. If the game does suffer at least try and fix the problem.. They have no excuses now that we can download updates and patches etc..

And i forgot something very important:

When half time is over and full time and the stats of the game appear (you know shot on goal, cards,posession etc) we have a big sponsor in red and white colors under the stats table

It says:

IGN.COM

Pitty seabass, pitty. Thats where 9.2 of ign goes...

:lol:

P.C is the way to go, if you want minimum problems! Slower gameplay and less rfame problems, I think

to be honest i cant enjoy it as much on a PC.. Id rather have a nice comfy PS3 controller, with a leather recliner, surround sound and a HDTV.. Ahh thats the life! \\:o/:lol:

As long as I've waited for this game, now I'm not even sure I want to buy it. It sounds like it is really really bad. Can the goalkeepers be compared to the ones in we10? or are they even worse? If the game suffers from a really bad framerate/slowdowns konami should really work this out and release a patch
immediately.

After 8 hours playing pro2008 for ps3 here are my serious impressions:

The game has the same gameplay mechanics as before plus 9-10 new movement animations, but thats it. On the contrary some super annoying problems appearing that ruinning the game! Sorry to say that but the first appearance on ps3 its a failure, as it is the first pes/we game that makes me skeptical and annoyed...I dont know how the 360 version will be, but i dont think that it will be different.

I am starting to believe that the best edition will be again pro2008 for ps2!
There we will have 40 stadiums, full edit mode, worse graphics (who cares)!
It will be smooth on ps2, due to the known mechanics that have succeded in the past.

I am very pissed writing all this, but I cant take it anymore from Konami and seabass! The game suffers obviously and the slowdown/framerate problem is obvious. Especially in some stadiums the game becomes unplayable when the balls is kicked out from the area to the center of the field the games crawls...

Lines that spoiling the image appearing in the top of the screen due to framerate problems.

The fans are designed terrible, pixelated, and i think they are worse than fans of pro6 for 360!
We have same nets and goalposts in every stadium, and grasses with levels of quality (good,bad,normal) and weird dark areas.

I am waiting the 360 version to check it, but i dont have much hope. I can see my self 1 more year playing ps2 version!

Its a pitty Mr Seabass, even fifa is catching you and passes over you, and you showed up to give excuses for your failure 1-2 weeks before the release of pro2008 advertising pes2009 already!

This is happening first time to me with a pes/we game and its a direct hit (i am mad with this game), as i feel empty of football this year with that release (except if ps2 version is great), even fifa is a joke for me (very slow pace, unresponsive game, no passion and heat in the game).

I also want to say that this release is a strong hit for ps3 which had many hopes in pse2008 to sale consoles, and you must be very stupid not to see this mess! Its like ps3 cant handle pes code!WTF? I cant fooking believe it!

I am waiting for 360 and ps2 version...

Sorry for my english and sorry if that was a long message, but i am very angry with Konami, Seabass and ps3! 69 euro for this game? OMG!

Polakis, it's obvious that Konami must have accidentally package up the pre-beta version and it's being sold in Greece...a Greek tragedy. The proper final version, the perfect version that IGN reviewed, will be sold in the rest of Europe.

Damn I don't want to have give my money to those EA scumbags. Damn Seabass...damn him to hell! And are the WNEB boyz (and their fanboyz here on evo-web) just a little ashamed with all the hype about the ps3 being the lead sku etc? Just asking...

to be honest i cant enjoy it as much on a PC.. Id rather have a nice comfy PS3 controller, with a leather recliner, surround sound and a HDTV.. Ahh thats the life! \\:o/:lol:

u can use a MORE POWERFUL pc linked to an HDTV with surround AND use the new ps3 controller....plus easier to perfect kits players etc......idiot......£4000 pc etc always pees on consoles LOL LOL

I am up. I have the official Konami copy

I put all settings to off and guess what? Slowdown and framerate problem is still there.I played a match in Da Luz. Not good. I set commentary off, stadium effects of, but again the same. Sad...I hope for an update from Sony, but not too many hopes...

I will not play until tonight because i am going to the fnac contest in pro6 for 360, and the 2 winners are going to rome for the euro pro6 finals! See you tonight with more impressions!

As much as the pes lovers moan about others slaging off their sacred pes, you have to admit it is justified.

From all the rumours that konami allow to be thrown about, to the lack of any official news, to the underhand reviews (would ign be in the game if they had awarded pes lower than an 8??) and after seabass claiming himself that even though the game has been in development for 18 months, he is now trying to raise peoples hopes for pes2009? Its disgusting its really is.

Ive said for a while now - that the pesfans are too good for konami, they back them to the hilt only to be shit on from every angle. I feel for the WENB guys as i suppose you could say that their own enthusiasm for the game has allowed them to be used as a battering ram for angry fans.

Even now, some guys are blaming TV's for the slowdown in pes2008. Its bonkers!!! Surely as part of sonys/microsoft final quality checks - the game must be playable on all tv's

Whats next?? the air is too cold and causing the game to slowdown?

And i cant see it getting better. Anyone doubting seabass' genius are marked as fifa fans, this is what happened with pes6. I doubt the only thing that will improve next year is content, rather than gameplay or game engine. Pes has been on a slippery slope for the last 3/4 years.

EDIT: and doesnt the upscaling etc settings only effect ps2 games? I mean, whats to upscale on a game thats playing nativly in 720p/1080p?

Last edited:
OMG - it seems like some settings do make a difference- although its still inexcuseable(sp) for konami to send a game out with slowdown on next gen consoles, sony, it seems also need a good hiding.

Last edited:
I thik peope reservations are the fact that some people who have the game say the slowdown is minimal like the 360 last year.

Now we are told it slows doen to snail like pace?

Guys i bought tha game for ps3!
First of all i have to say that i am a weknown fan of pes/we.

Pro2008 is a messed up game ladies and gents! Althought the gameplay is class with few tweeks and new moves, the rest of the game is fucked up!

There is no day/night option, no winter/summer option, no rain/snow/sun option in the game!OMG!!!!!!!

The game suffers from framerate drop but not slowdown! When you pass the ball etc a framerate drom line appears in the top of the screen (i dont know how you call it) and you can see that the game suffers too much!

Also the fans in the stadium are messed up and very pixelised and simple, i think worse than pes6 for xbox360! Their human shape is designed with corner, not straight lines!

Also you cant edit the badges in team selection (you know this already)...

I am far from enthusiastic mates...

I guess i am going for the ps2 version for another year. Its a shame. Very annoying problems guys

Sorry for my english

Your English is Very good mate, much better than my Greek, Thank you for the impressions of the game, it looks dissapointing but i for one will still buy the game, i always do, it seems that Seabass himself id not happy with this version so it looks like we have to wait another year for the stunning experience.

Connect your PC to your TV, Sixaxis to your PC ... and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom