WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Despite the fact that this thread is full of bollocks i`m gonna post this. My m8 (owner of a couple gameshops) just called me and he is getting the game tomorrow morning in stock and i can pick the game up afther my soccergame even though the game WON`T and can`t be sold this weekend!!! I will keep you guys posted!!

Greetings Elite
Top man Elite :) Always thought you were a decent geezer.

Geezer meaning man/guy. London Cockney slang :)

With al;l due respect, I find the "it's all about gameplay" comments an excuse. Video games have been around for many years, we shouldn't have to settle for just gameplay. People are hiding behind their disappointment when they say all this gameplay malarky. Just my opinion.

An excuse? That IS all I care about!! Why do I still think FIFA is boring, when they have all the licences, graphics and stuff like that? Because of the GAMEPLAY!

Why should I care about things that I dont care about?

"It feels a much faster game this year, pacey dribbling looks to be the best way to get goals. .

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Review form the Dutch OPM.
88/100

Main gripe with the game: it is too SLOW....
They consider a good game, still better than FIFA although the gap between both is closing down (i.e. FIFA comes near).
Much more difficult than PES6.
Still the best foobal lgame around BUT a missed opportunity considering it's next-gen...

Now theu usual suspects in this thread will say that those reviewers are too daft to be good...but that's a litle uncomfortable too because they also stated that it's not really next-gen...

What is going on: the speed issues are a purely XBox-problem...it seems pace is better on the PS3 version (ouch...that will hurt) oh and no mention about any other specific problems (slowdown).

Are we gonna have leagues/comps?

Dutch OPM said PES 2008 was too SLOW? Eh? They must've REALLY slowed the game down since the demo for people to complain it's too slow!

ToTheBoa: So why not play an old PES that had better gameplay? Or did you think the PES 2008 demo gameplay was the best PES gameplay you've played?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Review form the Dutch OPM.
88/100

Main gripe with the game: it is too SLOW....
They consider a good game, still better than FIFA although the gap between both is closing down (i.e. FIFA comes near).
Much more difficult than PES6.
Still the best foobal lgame around BUT a missed opportunity considering it's next-gen...

Now theu usual suspects in this thread will say that those reviewers are too daft to be good...but that's a litle uncomfortable too because they also stated that it's not really next-gen...

What is going on: the speed issues are a purely XBox-problem...it seems pace is better on the PS3 version (ouch...that will hurt) oh and no mention about any other specific problems (slowdown).

Too slow?? God they must have kept turning Fifa off thinking it had crashed!!

Well anyway i won't spend next gen money for an old gen game without 2vs2.

If anyone has the ps2 (or will have) version please post comments. Cheers

As for the its all about gameplay comments, actually it isnt, otherwise you would still be stuck playing pong and the like. Its about the experience. For some the main component for a good/great experience is the gameplay, for others its about the total package and in this case, the way you can have a realistic recreation of reality (single player modes). Its not surprising that the people who are the most critical are single players whereas the ones who are the most positive are multiplayers. You only have to look at the, "i dont care about ml, editing," vs the "crap ML, lack of teams," etc comments to realise that.

Cant stand FIFA mate and was just disappointed to see that Evo hasnt moved on very much since its PS2 to 360/PS3 update.

I will judge when I played the full version on the PS3. I didn`t played the Xbox360 demo you know :) So i`m all open minded for the full version. Hope to play you online someday m8. I like playing against players from England because of their talents.

If u sell a game for 70 euros to be played on a machine that cost 400 euros you have to make damn sure that the game has both gameplay and content and the rest that goes with it. Otherwise just release a gameplay patch worth 10 euros with the 3 new animations, 2 useless tricks, roaster update and few tweaks here and there taken from previus version.

As for the its all about gameplay comments, actually it isnt, otherwise you would still be stuck playing pong and the like. Its about the experience. For some the main component for a good/great experience is the gameplay, for others its about the total package and in this case, the way you can have a realistic recreation of reality (single player modes). Its not surprising that the people who are the most critical are single players whereas the ones who are the most positive are multiplayers. You only have to look at the, "i dont care about ml, editing," vs the "crap ML, lack of teams," etc comments to realise that.

I care about Single Player, but im looking forward to it...

Elite I will probably have PES2008 on PS3, 360 and PS2 if its that good, it will stay that way so I should be able to play you. You can see my talents :)

Snoop I dont play them because compared to now the gameplay is simple and pretty crap, some are pretty fun still like mainly the platform type games, Sonic and Streets of Rage, wouldnt think of playing the old old football games, fps games etc.

I do know some who kept the old PES, haha I know some who didnt buy the new one and stuck with PES3 etc but its personal preference, I have PES1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, I personally think they have improved each time, and im waiting for the new one.

You seem to forgetsome may not play the demo, and it isnt out yet, so some may stick to the old ones, give it time.

Does anyone know if the picture importing used for unlicensed teams shows up on the player 'models' after you have selected a team? I mean the models that turn around in various poses when you see the teams stats diagram.

Over the last week he has said much about PES 2008 and the future of the series. But here are some fantastic exclusive interviews of SEABASS with the VIDEOGAMESZONE boys. Much is said about new feature particularly the diving as well as a whole host of other things. There is also another video to come later!

[Winning11 Blog] VIDEOGAMESZONE: Exclusive SEABASS Videos - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/videogameszone-exclusive-seabass-videos.html

Dutch OPM said PES 2008 was too SLOW? Eh? They must've REALLY slowed the game down since the demo for people to complain it's too slow!

ToTheBoa: So why not play an old PES that had better gameplay? Or did you think the PES 2008 demo gameplay was the best PES gameplay you've played?

I think PES4 was better than PES3. PES5 was better than PES4. PES6 was better than PES5. I have only played the PES 2008 demo for 2 minutes, because I didn't want to play an unfinished version of the game. I want to have a fresh start when I play the final game.

The reason I don't play PES6 right now is because my PC has some problems, and I've only got the PC-version.

Just a quick update on the WENB option file guys, all EPL teams now have correct GK kits for Home and Away. We are expecting promo copies within the next few days so all should be good to go for launch. I'm going to start work on the kits for international teams next, working my way through alphabetically. So stay tuned to the blog for updates as and when they happen.

Just a quick update on the WENB option file guys, all EPL teams now have correct GK kits for Home and Away. We are expecting promo copies within the next few days so all should be good to go for launch. I'm going to start work on the kits for international teams next, working my way through alphabetically. So stay tuned to the blog for updates as and when they happen.

You are a great man! This option file will increase my enjoyment of the game tenfold! You didn't happen to see my question I posted earlier did you? About if the edited kits appear on the team stats 'dummies' that twirl around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom