WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Here's the average PES review -

Graphics - 7/10, not really next-gen
Sound - 7/10, OK but still not enough atmosphere
Gameplay - 7/10, too fast, still only 8 directions, not evolved enough since PS2
Options - 5/10, lack of editing features, poor ML
Overall - 10/10, PES is still the king....it's perfect in every way!!

The game hasn't evolved AT ALL, the graphics and sound are poor, there are more options in a ZX Spectrum adventure game, the gameplay is too fast yet it gets 10/10.

I've seen it all now. What a joke! :lol:

Its like the guy has sat down at his laptop and thought "I know there is some neagtives as it is not perfect but should I mention them?".

"I know keep it short and sweet, people won't notice.. Konami will keep giving me exclusives"

damn even games that get 9.5+ are reviewed with positives and negatives!!

Last edited:

Here's the average PES review -

Graphics - 7/10, not really next-gen
Sound - 7/10, OK but still not enough atmosphere
Gameplay - 7/10, too fast, still only 8 directions, not evolved enough since PS2
Options - 5/10, lack of editing features, poor ML
Overall - 10/10, PES is still the king....it's perfect in every way!!

:lmao::lmao:

Well, I have seen enough nonsens for a time; I come back later if there is more common sense :)

Well, I have seen enough nonsens for a time; I come back later if there is more common sense :)

They are right though. Im not looking for pes to fail but anyone can see how one sided that review is, its terrible. Its just skirts over the issues and excuses the poor development of the game.

the only magazine you should trust on reviews is famitsu.i haven't got the game yet :( they told me saturday the longest monday.Can't wait to get in training ground.

the only magazine you should trust on reviews is famitsu.i haven't got the game yet :( they told me saturday the longest monday.Can't wait to get in training ground.

I like famitsu but even they have given some strange scores. problem is we only ever see the famitsu scores. you need to read the actual review.

Whoouah so many messages for me from the FIFA fanboys, i'm good thanks I can't wait PES2008 and for the few stupid messages about the PS3 three times better this rumor finished three months ago and i never post this rumor one the first page and i never think it's true.

Last edited:

Pes is the average looking girlfriend who is really good at doing the same position over and over and at a really fast pace. However she was average looking to begin with, now she's dogly with a nice pedicure.

Fifa on the otherhand is the new sexy younger girl who may move slower but is open to multiple positions (even ones youve never heard of) and given enough time spent with her will allow you to "stick it anywhere". However her toes could do with a pedicure.

Well we may aswell add Fifa may be younger, cause the fact its just out the womb, this is kinda disgusting, its only 2 weeks old, what are you doing?

She may have multiple positions, but it feels the same time after time and gets repetitive and boring most of the time, so you have to look at the option of playing with her with other friends, be it with mates there with you, or over the web cybering. Then it takes ages for her to respond to anything, and you start to think is that actually you doing anything. So then overall, you have to rely on your friends in making it a different experience, then every so often your position will fix randomly, so you can move or change position when you want.

Then to top it off, she looks better from behind... and far away, her clothes have nice textures and as she takes them off they move and crease accordingly, but once you get closer you notice her body is out of proportion slightly, she has huge hands and freaky veins, and her face looks like a scare crow, but maybe you find that type of thing sexy...

Last edited:

Here is a review of IGN:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/828/828327p1.html

7.0 Presentation
More official teams than before but the Premier League still feels fake. How bothered you are by this is entirely down to personal taste.

8.0 Graphics
Visually sharp with superb animation, let down by the clunky crowd and occasional drop in frame-rate.

7.0 Sound
The commentary is decent enough, as is the in-match chants and crowd noise, but the menu music is awful unless you have a penchant for Euro pap.

10 Gameplay
Nothing comes close to PES in terms of the way it plays and how connected to your team and players you feel during a game. Absolutely magnificent.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
The single-player game will last months. The multiplayer ? both on- and off-line ? will take over your life for the next 12 months.

9.2 Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

9.2 ;)

But if they rate it high for gameplay and lasting appeal, it SHOULD get a high score.

WOW 10 for gameplay and 9.5 for longevity, that's amazing. Maybe I don't need to buy a 360 for Fifa after all...

Whoouah so many messages for me from the FIFA fanboys, i'm good thanks I can't wait PES2008 and for the few stupid messages about the PS3 three times better this rumor finished three months ago and i never post this rumor one the first page and i never think it's true.

Ignore them.

So everyone who gives the game a high score is bias?

I'm very much looking forward to the Eurogamer review! 8/10 is my prediction.

Here is a review of IGN:

10 Gameplay
Nothing comes close to PES in terms of the way it plays and how connected to your team and players you feel during a game. Absolutely magnificent.

So, they can see no way that the gameplay can be improved upon? That tells me all I need to know about the worth of the reviewer's opinion.

Anyone thought maybe the reviewer enjoyed the bloody game?

They gave Folklore a 9 because they enjoyed it. People need to get over the fact that people will still enjoy the game despite flaws.

Fifa still sells despite its flaws

But he gave the game 10/10 for gameplay - perfection - nothing can be improved upon.

This majority of posts in this thread may be useless guff but there's a small percentage which highlight the numerous ways that the very fundamentals of the gameplay can be overhauled to hugely improve it, not to mention the near endless list of smaller details that really should be collated and listed...except it would take days to do because there as so many.

PES gameplay perfect? That reviewer is a cock.

No game should ever get a ten if we view ten as perfection.
It's a scale/guide, that's all.
Should it be a scale of 1-9?

They gave lasting appeal 9.5 without mentioning the Master League or what the online is like? Yea it's probably fun with friends offline but a 9.5 with not that much single player wise besides the Leagues, the master league and exhibition?

Last edited:

If winning every trophy takes that reviewer 12 months then he aint that good. Master League is no way interesting for a year.

Here is a review of IGN:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/828/828327p1.html

7.0 Presentation
More official teams than before but the Premier League still feels fake. How bothered you are by this is entirely down to personal taste.

8.0 Graphics
Visually sharp with superb animation, let down by the clunky crowd and occasional drop in frame-rate.

7.0 Sound
The commentary is decent enough, as is the in-match chants and crowd noise, but the menu music is awful unless you have a penchant for Euro pap.

10 Gameplay

9.5 Lasting Appeal
The single-player game will last months. The multiplayer – both on- and off-line – will take over your life for the next 12 months.

9.2 Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

9.2 ;)

Absolutely crazy in that gameplay department rating absolutely nuts

ok I've sat here quietly reading through all the posts on this thread since day 1 and I cannot get over the amount of bitching no sorry cat fighting that has gone on. Jesus some of you really need to get a grip. At the end of the day it's about preference, some will prefer fifa some will prefer pes. Yes konami could have done more and yes EA could have done more, but so could most developers of all games. How many of us have bought a game only to trade it in within days? Plenty of us I'm guessing. And who writes the reviews? individuals. so some will like one more than the other. Thats life my friends one supports Man U another supports Liverpool,if everyone liked the exact same thing then what a boring life this would be. I really can't understand the insults being traded over a Game and having ago at guys who try and share the info they recieve about that game(ie wenb)as if they made it all up in there heads just to take the piss. Whoever said about shooting the messenger was right but it the guys from the wenb you want to shoot it's the both the teams from EA and Konami as they are the ones sitting fat with our money. Buy each game before slagging each one off and be an individual thats my opinion.

Well, for one thing, most seem to be whining about a game they haven't even played.

Since when is ML considered shit? Some people need to stop exaggerating and start talking sense. ML boring after a couple of seasons to some, yes.

Solution:
1. Add manager movement and ML surely gains some longevity.
2. Add 2nd division teams and watch boredom diminish.

That is imho obviously.

Am I the only one who am surprised every time someone says that there is too much bitching? I'm glad there is disagreement and discussions, although there obviously are some fairly nonconstructive stuff in here aswell, which can be easily ignored. :)

Well that's what you get from passionate, disagreeing PES/WE fans, resulting in a 550+ page thread :)

It will be a cracking game, even still with it flaws. 10 for gameplay because no other game come close to it, not because it CANT be improved.

IGN gives the game a 10 for gameplay !

fifa kiddo's go home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom