WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Well i expect them not to cut stuff on the ps2 version, it might be similar to the club championship i guess which is an excellent game from what i heard.

I think i'll get the ps2 version after all, better a full old version with tons of modes/stadia than a half empty semi next gen one.

Second you on that. But, even if we don't know exactly, are the number of stadiums available in ps2 and ps3 different? I thought they're just ports from the PC version, hence should be the same on both versions?

freMM has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.:(

Should work now Junka

Second you on that. But, even if we don't know exactly, are the number of stadiums available in ps2 and ps3 different? I thought they're just ports from the PC version, hence should be the same on both versions?

Probably not the case. THey have a large library of stadiums for the PS2, the stadiums in the Next-Gen versions are new and built from scratch. The PS2 stadiums are lower quality and thus are separate from the Next-Gen ones. So I would guess the PS2 has the same stadiums as before, unless they sent time making new PS2 stadiums which I can't imagine (I also don't know how easy it is for them to convert/downgrade a Next-Gen stadium to PS2 status).

Review scores are in from Dutch OPM - HL 2, Ratchet and Pro Evo lead

The scores are in from the Dutch version of the Official Playstation Magazine and Half Life 2 (93%), Ratchet & Clank (89%) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (88%) took the top three places. Elsewhere, Conan scored an impressive 81%, Eye of Judgement 80% and The Simpsons Game 79%.

Aqua Vita (PSN): 41%
Conan: 81%
Half Life 2: The Orange Box: 93%
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights: 69%
Operation Creature Feature (PSN): 48%
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008: 88%
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction: 89%
Snakeball (PSN): 66%
The Eye of Judgement: 80%
The Simpsons Game: 79%
Trials of Topoq (PSN): 52%

Remember the good ol' days when a PES game was a guaranteed 10/10 or 98% review? The tables have definately turned. The best game this year is out tomorrow anyway: The Orange Box (Half-Life 2 plus other games on ONE disk).

I am a happy man :)

WNEB boys = total bullshitters living in a fantasy world...or in the pay of Konami's PR department.

And they run away when people call them on their history of hype and false information - cowards

WNEB boys = total bullshitters living in a fantasy world...or in the pay of Konami's PR department.

And they run away when people call them on their history of hype and false information - cowards

Wonder why the mods let these ppl roam these threads.

Heard alot of talk about the things the WNEB team were supposed to say and it being bollocks, is this actualy true or not, because to be honest it would make sense for them to gloss their side up, and it's coming from quite a few places now.
I must admit I only listened to a couple of casts and then not all the way through, it did seem like all hear say and chat, but if they were claiming they had reliable insider info which turned out to be tosh, then they can't not expect the backlash....

Very disrespectful to the guys that provide the best source of information. Faggot.

Very disrespectful to the guys that provide the best source of information. Faggot.
I second that. It's going worse by day with the mentality on this topic.
Moderators, maybe you can do something about these insulting posts...?

When the dust settles . . .

145177_front200.jpg

WENB bring the news first before anyone else. Occasionaly this would mean going on inside information and whisperings from within konami, as such you can't blame them for making the game sound better than it is. We were all under that illusion, the point is they are fans of the game like myself and many others at evo-web.

Working with the guys I can tell you they are certainly not on konami's payroll either, the thought of this is ludacris.

You on the other hand find it fitting to insult somone whilst sat behind a computer screen, ironic that? isn't it coward.

i can understand people's frustrations han, we was assured this year would be the perfect pro evo and it's not...whether it's real life or just a computer game people don't like being lied to....end of

I also can understand the frustrations; what do you think of myself? I would also like to see better implementations. Does that mean they can boldly insult people who only try to bring us news? I agree with Beatts about this.
It is simply childish to aim your frustrations to people like this.

Last edited:

yes mate it's not on to insult somebody, and if you don't agree with somebody try and have a little tact

like i mentioned previously though some people speak before engaging their brain

I think we should all calm down and have a cup of tea. Also, no-one needs to insult each other. PES 2008 will be a fabulous football game! :applause:

I think the problem is they have been misinformed by a number of sources, they have brought the news as its happened etc but the facts are they have been misled which has meant we are misled.

If you remember there was all this talk of NDA and a big suprise etc - Did I miss that because if the suprise was you can upload items on 1/2 an edit mode then wow!

There was talk about how good it was from their source, how they were getting in the door and hopefully would influence in th future. I am hoping that will happen and we will see change due to their work. However at the moment we have a next gen game with slowdown!! I mean seriously with all that processing power Konami couldn't fine tune the engine to remove the slowdown...FFS. If they can influence the smallest changes then I would be happy, however on a negative side I do find the blog a little pro Konami but thats because I want them to post a picture of us beating Seabass to a pulp with one of the canisters behind the goals his team seem intent on telling us every stadium has and then e-mail it to him and Konami just to make a point......

So WNEB are taking the flack for our unhappiness..why cause they were the ones giving us the information from their source etc. One thing for sure the PC team they met in Germany seem to have been the best source and link they have, as they have delivered as promised.

a question, the slowdown is during the game?? or is on replays??

its a verry good point.

someone here had play the ps3 version??

I think the problem is they have been misinformed by a number of sources, they have brought the news as its happened etc but the facts are they have been misled which has meant we are misled.

If you remember there was all this talk of NDA and a big suprise etc - Did I miss that because if the suprise was you can upload items on 1/2 an edit mode then wow!

There was talk about how good it was from their source, how they were getting in the door and hopefully would influence in th future. I am hoping that will happen and we will see change due to their work. However at the moment we have a next gen game with slowdown!! I mean seriously with all that processing power Konami couldn't fine tune the engine to remove the slowdown...FFS. If they can influence the smallest changes then I would be happy, however on a negative side I do find the blog a little pro Konami but thats because I want them to post a picture of us beating Seabass to a pulp with one of the canisters behind the goals his team seem intent on telling us every stadium has and then e-mail it to him and Konami just to make a point......

So WNEB are taking the flack for our unhappiness..why cause they were the ones giving us the information from their source etc. One thing for sure the PC team they met in Germany seem to have been the best source and link they have, as they have delivered as promised.
Good sensible post. About the last frase: It's about the old 'shoot the messenger' mentality... that's what happens here!

Wonder why the mods let these ppl roam these threads.

He's said the same thing twice now, so he's been warned. There are certain ways to phrase things correctly - this isn't one of them.

LMAO, its so funny to see even the slightly negative reviews being labelled as stupid/shit/etc. If they have good arguments to back up their score then whats the problem? Surely pes shouldnt have been getting higher then 8's for the past few years anyway. It was the same for joystick, they had very good arguments to back up their score, lack of development, very little change in how many years, poor graphics, etc.

Have people lost the ability to look objectively at a game and see how it rates? Probably a ridiculous question with the people in this thread. I mean 9/10 - 10/10 scores are, and should be, reserved for games that are very very good in all aspects of the game, gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. PES only rates highly in one aspect these days and thats gameplay, whether you like or dislike the speed is another matter. Its still very responsive and in that regard good. The rest is crap and should be rated objectively because of that.

Here's the average PES review -

Graphics - 7/10, not really next-gen
Sound - 7/10, OK but still not enough atmosphere
Gameplay - 7/10, too fast, still only 8 directions, not evolved enough since PS2
Options - 5/10, lack of editing features, poor ML
Overall - 10/10, PES is still the king....it's perfect in every way!!

Here's the average PES review -

Graphics - 7/10, not really next-gen
Sound - 7/10, OK but still not enough atmosphere
Gameplay - 7/10, too fast, still only 8 directions, not evolved enough since PS2
Options - 5/10, lack of editing features, poor ML
Overall - 10/10, PES is still the king....it's perfect in every way!!

Not seen one remotely like that so far.
People aren't giving the usual tens, or even nines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom