WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

A little off topic, but does anyone know if there is a general mail address to the English football team that they all read to which I can send a mail stating that they are all a bunch of overpaid, overrated wankers? Answers on a postcard please.

Its far from shamefull...

These play mag guys are shit. Their magazine is stupid after all

Ah good polakis, you have the final version then. Any chance to put some video???

LMAO, its so funny to see even the slightly negative reviews being labelled as stupid/shit/etc. If they have good arguments to back up their score then whats the problem? Surely pes shouldnt have been getting higher then 8's for the past few years anyway. It was the same for joystick, they had very good arguments to back up their score, lack of development, very little change in how many years, poor graphics, etc.

Have people lost the ability to look objectively at a game and see how it rates? Probably a ridiculous question with the people in this thread. I mean 9/10 - 10/10 scores are, and should be, reserved for games that are very very good in all aspects of the game, gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. PES only rates highly in one aspect these days and thats gameplay, whether you like or dislike the speed is another matter. Its still very responsive and in that regard good. The rest is crap and should be rated objectively because of that.

Lets face it any PS3 based mag is going to say it's good, there are precious few games for the damn thing, they have to hype everyone..
But I've seen it get scores of 9/10 and to be honest without even playing it, even the most ardent fan on here knows it's not worth that, even if it's just for the things they have left/taken out...

I will have it tommorow night...In ps3,360,pc

Monday the latest...

Then i will speak

If some people don't like the game it's very understandable, there are alot of good reasons to complain about. But if you're a massive PES fan like myself, you're uber excited and look forward to it. It's not the overhaul some expect, but it's a update and an improvement of my favourite game and i'm so excited about that.

Graphics: you can't really give it more than 7, pretty plain and average for a NEXT GEN
Sound: improved commentators, chants still pretty poor, another 7
Gameplay: better see what the final version is but any technical issues of slow down should be taken into account
Lasting appeal: well that's a 9 for sure on multiplayer with friends, but the missing 2vs2 on line is a big thing.

Ill get this for 360 and PC I reckon. PC due to the modding capabilities and 360 hoping we can find some way of transferring option files and also for the DECENT Xbox Live service and not the full of shit PS Network :)

I think he knows SeaBass hairdresser, the one who makes him "sexy and curly"......

At PESFan Rob Mclean says the pace is very high and that alone is disappointing. Just bring the pace a bit down and you have a much more realistic game. I would struggle to rate the game. Gameplay is still the best part together with lasting appeal, but overall I can't see it rates 9/10 out ove average. To few improvements. Maybe just below that.

Han I reckon more like 7/10 due to the lack of evolution and the Speedy Gonzales gameplay :)

If the gameplay is too fast on the PS3 on a HDTV I will be very dissapointed. I thought PES6 was a little too fast so any faster than that will be very, very annoying. I know I'll still love it though! Roll on the 25/10!!

Even with a slower pace if u can still pass 2 times down the wing and get "road runner cristiano ronaldo" or "jonah Lomu Adriano" or "circus charlie Ibrahimovic" things would not change much, we need to go back to a game where u actually have to use central midfielders.

I still don't get it, didn't seabass say the different version are identical?? Maybe it dependes on how good the pc is and that's might make the framerate different and give us the "a bit slower" feeling.

LMAO, its so funny to see even the slightly negative reviews being labelled as stupid/shit/etc. If they have good arguments to back up their score then whats the problem? Surely pes shouldnt have been getting higher then 8's for the past few years anyway. It was the same for joystick, they had very good arguments to back up their score, lack of development, very little change in how many years, poor graphics, etc.

Have people lost the ability to look objectively at a game and see how it rates? Probably a ridiculous question with the people in this thread. I mean 9/10 - 10/10 scores are, and should be, reserved for games that are very very good in all aspects of the game, gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. PES only rates highly in one aspect these days and thats gameplay, whether you like or dislike the speed is another matter. Its still very responsive and in that regard good. The rest is crap and should be rated objectively because of that.

Surely THE post of the thread!!!:applause::applause::applause:

I read the review in xbox world magazine and they say it is super fast! all these talk of it been much slower than the demo was BS!

think they gave it 95% only real negative they seemed to have mentioned was graphics. failed to mention that ML is still Shit and no online leagues etc.

Mate it is well known that many store getting the game 3-4 days before the release date. Thats how its done here in Greece at least...

I read the review in xbox world magazine and they say it is super fast! all these talk of it been much slower than the demo was BS!

think they gave it 95% only real negative they seemed to have mentioned was graphics. failed to mention that ML is still Shit and no online leagues etc.

Yet more lies from Konami arse bandits WE Next gen Blog then.

Yet more lies from Konami arse bandits WE Next gen Blog then.
This is an idiot and very low comment. WENB also is dependent on what they hear and see. If it is not correct what they say, then they themself are misinformed.

This is an idiot and very low comment. WENB also is dependent on what they hear and see. If it is not correct what they say, then they themself are misinformed.

Get a grip, they claim to have exclusives, and tell porkies about things that is just word of mouth and they come on here and spit the dummy because people critisize the game.

Well Han what about two weeks ago when Adam went to birmingham or whatever place the game convention was and he called saying "how great the game was and that the pace was perfect???". But we never saw any video from that convention.......That's was first hand info.

And u can't keep excusing them for posting other people bs, if u post something u have to make sure it is a reliable info, once "your contacts" tells u crap twice just don't post what they say anymore.

It is not that they are misinformed, they rather misinform us.

Get a grip, they claim to have exclusives, and tell porkies about things that is just word of mouth and they come on here and spit the dummy because people critisize the game.
Grow up, silly boy, this is not discussing ( you look unable to do that properly ), this is insulting towards goodwilling and hard working people who do very much for the community :roll:

Well Han what about two weeks ago when Adam went to birmingham or whatever place the game convention was and he called saying "how great the game was and that the pace was perfect???". But we never saw any video from that convention.......That's was first hand info.

And u can't keep excusing them for posting other people bs, if u post something u have to make sure it is a reliable info, once "your contacts" tells u crap twice just don't post what they say anymore.
I don't know, maybe that Rob Mclean has an older version; he did not receive it in a proper box, just in a plastic map with the signature of Seabass on it. He even cannot make an account, because there was no manual. Might be possible that he got an older version than Adam got. I am sure Adam did not lie about what he did see.

I don't know, maybe that Rob Mclean has an older version; he did not receive it in a proper box, just in a plastic map with the signature of Seabass on it. He even cannot make an account, because there was no manual. Might be possible that he got an older version than Adam got. I am sure Adam did not lie about what he did see.

How many times are we gonna hear this "Latest Build" bollocks?

Seabass would not give somebody personally an unfinished version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom