WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

thats why i like pes, the concept of "concentrated football".

the stress of 90 min matches, simulated in only 10 min.

ive read this on WENB

"Finally editing
Last years Xbox 360 version was heavily criticized. We can demand more from Konami, and not even having an edit-function in a game that suffers from the lack of licenses is downright bad. This year the situation all the much better and we are able to create our own players, strips, emblems and teams. Both emblem and faces can be imported using the Xbox Live Vision-Camera. That way, there’s an option for the fans to fill the 18 team slots and the hundreds of player slots with their own creations. Here the PES Communities will be giving the game an extra value as devoted fans sit and create the Bundesliga, all the Premiership clubs and much more. For the PS3 it seems to be easy to import a new option file, and it should be possible on the Xbox 360 as well, even if it might require some more work."

so can we create emblems or not??? im tired of the rumors.

I think u can put emblems on the uniforms, but u can't put team logos on the main team selection menu and therefore scoreboard.

But it is a guess some pepople might know it better

i guess ill just w8 for the game and see it myself, theres alot of different info about the game.

well EPG u know WENB tends to focus only on the pros and keeps forgetting that we are asked for a next gen price to play an old gen game.

P.S.
Englad might watch the Euro 2008 on the tv with either italy or france!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

after reading it again i guess we can only creat emblems for the 18 team slots that are empty

well EPG u know WENB tends to focus only on the pros and keeps forgetting that we are asked for a next gen price to play an old gen game.

P.S.
I thought people overhere said some days ago that they didn't blame WENB, but Konami, but you seem to be an exception....

When i say small teams they scientifically pick valencia or new castle, which of course are the fastest teams after the usual inter barca etc.

Unfortunately speed is and i guess will be the crucial factor in sports game for some time, like snipers in fps. In real life it is not about speed itself but the mix of speed/abilities in controlling the ball and off the ball movements which is very difficult to simulate in a game.

Valencia are not a fast team, Joaquin, Vicente and Miguel are the only fast players in the team.

I thought people overhere said some days ago that they didn't blame WENB, but Konami, but you seem to be an exception....

I am not blaming anyone just said they only focus on the good side that's it.

BTW tobi what about villa and tavano in Valencia?? they aren't really slow!

Last edited:

P.S.

Damn dude, give them a break, that is a copy/paste of a review! WENB has nothing to do with the opinions/info given!

To djdoc, sorry if I offend you but I find totally annoying to see people moaning and moaning (like you) and then stating "Can't wait for the game". It is non-sense and hard to understand for me, but OK, I guess I need to respect that because everyone is different on this world... :lmao: no hard feelings :)

Charlie, I will say it again: that is a COPY-PASTE of a review made by another web/guys.

I think you only dislike WENB. They are not biased, for god Sake!

It might just be a problem with the translation i agree.

But about "not being biased" well we disagree for sure.

But still nobody has posted any video??

Last edited:

My bad I totally forgot about Villa, Tavano is at Roma now.

whens this being released in amercia

the realease in america is in april 2008,, but you can get japannese version (november 22 2007) that have english lenguaje and its NTSC (for america).

Remember all ps3 games are region free.

think its better to order it from webshop like playasia?

Pro evolution soccer - made Just like SNES games
Posted Oct 16th 2007 5:00AM by Nick Doerr
Filed under: Interviews

Soccer is awesome and its console gaming equivalent, Pro Evolution Soccer, can be touted as equally awesome for the football (if you're anything but American) enthusiast . So, how did development go with this title? IGN asks Shingo Takatsuka, known as Seabass, just that.

While claiming this year's PES the best yet, Seabass already has new ideas to work out for next year's game. In essence, this should make every year to come the best PES yet.
As for weak points in the development process/team, Seabass says that "the way we create the game is almost the same as when we made the SNES games. We've been creating games in the same manner for many years and in that sense it's good for upgrading AI and so on. However, if we want to dramatically improve the graphics and add hundreds of new stadiums and so on the SNES way of making a game cannot be applied." He also implies next year's game will be different from this approach, so think what you will.
The workload has been difficult across all platforms, not just programming for the PS3. It's refreshing to see a developer not jumping at the chance to claim the PS3 is hard to work with.
The PS3 and 360 games are going to be exactly the same, though Seabass admits he isn't sure why the PS3 version experiences some slowdown when the 360 does not. His guess is as good as ours, but we doubt it's the console.
You can dive in the game now, although it's not a do-or-die skill to learn, it will help you out if you master the timing.
It's more technical than anything else, but it seems that aside from a bit of slowdown, PS3 fans have something to get excited for, as long as soccer is their cup of tea. If you don't have a PS3, the game is going to continue to get released on the PS2 for a while, so no worries. Sports games are probably going to be the last titles to truly jump into next-gen development, because we all know they love releasing on every platform known to man.

link: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/page/2/

well someone know how much more the slowdown is in the ps3?

I have a luxury problem: have a ps3 and 360, dont know which to choos.

360 pro's:
less slowdown (but dont know how much?)
3 friends with a 360 and will buy pes

ps3 pro's:
wayyyyyyyy!!! better gamepad for pes
1 friend with a ps3 and will buy pes

Maybe someone knowes which has the best online game of the two systeem. That will make the decission.

The Xbox 360 version will be better for everything except the pad and the fact using an option file is easier on the PS3.

I'm getting the PS3 version.

Doesnt PES2008 on PS3 allow upto like 7 player in total, or 8 with a USB controller plugged in?

360 pro's:

ps3 pro's:

Maybe someone knowes which has the best online game of the two systeem. That will make the decission.

dont forget that u can import option files to ur ps3, but cant do it to the 360

guys i oreder the game from a gameshop here in Kuwait and he told me that the game will arrive in 22th of octobor so next monday i`ll get my hand on it inshallah :)

360 pro's:

ps3 pro's:

Thats a easy choice for me
i also have a PS3 and 360
even the ps3 has little slow downs(far as i know not in gameplay but cut scenes?)it has the best features,free online play,easy option file,but the biggest reason is truly the gamepad.
I wil get the 360 version for free(soon),but i wil buy the PS3 version with no pain in my heart.

360 pro's:

ps3 pro's:

same problem here :)

I'll buy both, as I did with FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom