WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I wouldnt go as far as to give the best players weak teams just something like making them choose from the 2nd tier of teams like Roma. Or tell them that they can't use the team they would normally use.

I play with loads of different teams including Roma, when I play friends and tell them that I'm Roma they look at me as if I'm crazy.

So nobody has posted a "first impression" review yet??? OR some video at least?

We already had that one junka is posting, didn't we????

Its more or less the same as the PS3 review but with RB in it and references to last years game.

Apparently the game is super fast according to Mclean.. And i thought the reviews said it had slowed down alot.. Looks like another false statement again.. :confused:

But he did say that he plays on the counter attack.

Who knows if he has his finger on R1 the whole time maybe thats why its very fast according to him.

Get pes5 demo put the new animations and better graphics and new commentary, take away the autosidestepping and we are all content.

But he did say that he plays on the counter attack.

Who knows if he has his finger on R1 the whole time maybe thats why its very fast according to him.

But he did say that u get no time on the ball, therefore costantly pinging it around all over the place.. If they had the pace around the same as Fifa's it would be lovely..

Only 8/9 days to go now until everyone makes up their own mind.

yep, some will be happy as Larry and some will not..! Only time will tell..

Pretty sure the blinkered fans will claim to love it no matter what.
The realistic fans will be a lot more critical.

lol why do people post stupid posts like that? I like other PES veterans have had my issues with PES and its lack of what is known as "Evolution" which oddly is in the game title. But I still await the game, I hope it will be more playable than FIFA which to me is complete tosh.

If we talk about stupid posts, you should be on the Hall of Fame of them, bashing and bashing the game all day long... please get a grip, all the day moaning and moaning and suddenly "cant wait for the game". At least try to be consequent! I honestly cannot understand why you "can't wait" for the game, when you criticize it all the time.

And please, cut off the phrase "PES veterans" like you or others were some kind of legends! A bit of humility is very good for all...

Just read the blog from the guy who won the european tournament
http://www.fnatic.com/blogs/fnatic/1038/Euro-Finals-Story-of-Sevilla.html

Now this is the score of his games:
3-3, 1-1, 4-6, 5-2, 7-0, 6-4, 4-3, 2-1, 6-1.

Some 6.5 gols a game average.

Now quite frankly looks like a tennis tournament to me.

You do realise that they played PES6 during that tournament don't you? They were then given copies of PES2008 for their participation.

Last edited:

well this thread isn't about PES6 so why post it in the first place?

Maybe he can't wait for the game TO criticise it.
Actually im hoping it will prove me wrong and turn out to be decent.

Also @ Putuco... what is your problem? So Ive criticized the game a few times? so what? And now im looking forward to seeing what this latest installment will be like (full version that is)....

I thought you were inferring that it is too easy too score in PES2008, but I obviously was mistaken. No offence intended.

No prob, just a couple of times when i mentioned that cutbacks are way too easy to score people say "you just need to leanr how to defend". Well these are country champions and it seems to me they also have problem in defending.

And yes it is the pes2008 thread, but i guess we can still make reference to pes6.

No prob, just a couple of times when i mentioned that cutbacks are way too easy to score people say "you just need to leanr how to defend". Well these are country champions and it seems to me they also have problem in defending.

And yes it is the pes2008 thread, but i guess we can still make reference to pes6.

I am totally on your side when discussing cutbacks, it is terrible that the centre backs go wandering AWAY from Adriano or Zlatan or Ronaldo to leave them ALONE in the box. Would never happen in real life, shouldn't happen in PES either. Simple as that.

Btw when game mags play the first beta are they all visionaries?? I remember a mag talking about how they notice team vision would adapt to their way of playing during a game, now we get comments like "50 games and I hardly notice it". I mean do they make it up (like all those invisible features) to sell more mags or it is a self induced belief?

I wouldnt go as far as to give the best players weak teams just something like making them choose from the 2nd tier of teams like Roma. Or tell them that they can't use the team they would normally use.

I play with loads of different teams including Roma, when I play friends and tell them that I'm Roma they look at me as if I'm crazy.

This is why i hate online play.
When I say small teams and pick Kiev, Lisbon, Copenhagen etc,
my opponent chooses Roma, Bayern etc for his "small" team.
If I chose Roma as my team my friends would tease me for choosing a big team.

When i say small teams they scientifically pick valencia or new castle, which of course are the fastest teams after the usual inter barca etc.

Unfortunately speed is and i guess will be the crucial factor in sports game for some time, like snipers in fps. In real life it is not about speed itself but the mix of speed/abilities in controlling the ball and off the ball movements which is very difficult to simulate in a game.

But he did say that u get no time on the ball, therefore costantly pinging it around all over the place.. If they had the pace around the same as Fifa's it would be lovely..

That's what's pissed me off about previous PES games, the CPU closing you down CONSTANTLY. FIFA can be like this at times but you certainly have more time on the ball in FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom