WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

And you have to mention Fifa. The amount of shameless cash ins over the past few years alone are astounding.

Every Champions League Game, every World Cup/Euro specific game move the game forward at such a glacial pace that it's laughable.

which is why you hold a grudge and wont except anything from EA, even though its a bloody solid football game.

I think a few people have to stop being so hypocritical. For years the same people on here praising pes have been bashing fifa, me included, for lack of radical thinking, souless cash ins, now the shoe is on the other foot everyone wants to cut it some slack. Well its not on frankly.

this is the first iss/pes that i can say i am not looking forward to :(

im just glad i have got one good footy game this year and that is fifa 08 (on 360) it really is a great game.....no seriously it is lol

its almost like both games got mixed up as fifa is more like what you expect from pes (the great gameplay) and pes is just gimmicks (face mapping, diving, shirt pulling, realistic player faces) which u usually expect from fifa series lol

this is the first iss/pes that i can say i am not looking forward to :(

im just glad i have got one good footy game this year and that is fifa 08 (on 360) it really is a great game.....no seriously it is lol

its almost like both games got mixed up as fifa is more like what you expect from pes (the great gameplay) and pes is just gimmicks (face mapping, diving, shirt pulling, realistic player faces) which u usually expect from fifa series lol

Find Fifa boring. Online & offline.

Each to there own.

Looking forward to PES2008

Sorry guys i want to ask you something. Why no one has mention that there is slowdown problems in both consoles, or more in ps3 than 360? All the reviews/preview are fine i think...

No-one has mentioned it? I suggest you try reading back in the thread, it's mentioned plenty since it was first announced in an interview.....

I dont mean tha interview from seabass etc, but all the opinions of the people that played the game in conventions, the winningelevenblog guys etc...

Rob Mclean in the PesFan forum says that the slow downs are minimal and don't bother him. But another guy who has the game and is also no the PesFAN forum says they are bad and will take some getting used to. It's just a matter of opinion and tolerance.

Rob Mclean in the PesFan forum says that the slow downs are minimal and don't bother him. But another guy who has the game and is also no the PesFAN forum says they are bad and will take some getting used to. It's just a matter of opinion and tolerance.

And then Rob Mclean goes on to say that he is very, very picky and it still doesn't bother him so it's difficult to know what to believe. He may even be holding back slating the slowdown because he feels obliged not to hurt Seabass's feelings after being given the game! You never know, you never will until the final game is sitting in your PS3/Xbox360.

Only way to be sure is to play it ourselves, I just hope that they release a new demon once the game is released because there's no way I will buy the game based on the first demo but I would like to try it to see if it has improved from that build :)

By the way I just watch some of the pes final in spain on youtube and quite frankly both guys spent 99% of the time on the wings trying to do cutbacks. Gone are the days u had to play some football to score in pes.

By the way I just watch some of the pes final in spain on youtube and quite frankly both guys spent 99% of the time on the wings trying to do cutbacks. Gone are the days u had to play some football to score in pes.

Fucking cutback bollocks. It is soooo unrealistic its not true. It really does spoil an otherwise great game. If Konami have told us the truth about Teamvision, hopefully the team will learn to defend against such shit attacks. Or even if you have the ability to sort out the central defenders in the formation settings this should be easier to defend against.

I think you can't, that' why WENB only shows the front.

Ok, thanks mate. That's a shame. But I still feel the two-stripe issue on the shirts/shorts has really been blown out of proportion. The kits that Beatts is helping to create are very, very good and in-game you will not notice if it's 2 or 3 stripes to be honest.

Is the picture import only available on the front of the torso? Can you import logos etc on shorts?

I don't think so, I've only seen the shirt having import feature. No mention of shorts, which means that it most likely isn't in there.

Ok, thanks mate. That's a shame. But I still feel the two-stripe issue on the shirts/shorts has really been blown out of proportion. The kits that Beatts is helping to create are very, very good and in-game you will not notice if it's 2 or 3 stripes to be honest.

True true, but it is equally weird why KONAMI with Adidas licenced balls etc haven't got the 3-stripe aswell. It might not be that big of a deal, but it is a mindbender none the less. ;)

Btw I watched final in Paris, cutbacks all the way, Inter vs Inter, Adriano and Ibrahimovic runnig on wing , killing defenders with balance and then doing cutback to Crespo, its shit, PES 6 isnt even close tofootball simulation, lets hope PES2008 will be better.

True true, but it is equally weird why KONAMI with Adidas licenced balls etc haven't got the 3-stripe aswell. It might not be that big of a deal, but it is a mindbender none the less. ;)

Totally agree with you there. Why oh why can they not include the Adidas template in Edit Mode, that is a mindbender as you say! But I have been reading over at PesFan that all of the templates (all 12) ar combinable so that you can create almost all kits flawlessly. I hope this is true but it sounds a bit far fetched.

Btw I watched final in Paris, cutbacks all the way, Inter vs Inter, Adriano and Ibrahimovic runnig on wing , killing defenders with balance and then doing cutback to Crespo, its shit, PES 6 isnt even close tofootball simulation, lets hope PES2008 will be better.

I forgot to mention the game was a beautiful and realistic "Brasil vs Brasil".

I still don't quite get it, why they don't put some rules, something like u need to play with a 3 starts team, it would be more fun to watch.

Sofar I haven't read complaint on cut-backs in the demo. Knowing the critical nature of people overhere, it is minimized by better AI in PES 2008...

Rob Mclean claims that scorelines of 12 - 4 have been commen in his games against friends.

12-4?! I hope he's joking ...

Originally Posted by ToaTheBoa
FIFA is like a gorgeous woman who is just average in bed. PES is like an average-looking sex-machine.

I love analogies so ill add one to the discussion :D

Pes is the average looking girlfriend who is really good at doing the same position over and over and at a really fast pace. However she was average looking to begin with, now she's dogly with a nice pedicure.

Fifa on the otherhand is the new sexy younger girl who may move slower but is open to mutliple positions (even ones youve never heard of) and given enough time spent with her will allow you to "stick it anywhere". However her toes could do with a pedicure.

:D

:applause::applause::applause:

Thank you, thank you very much.

I, rather sadly, came up with that last night at about 3am when I couldnt get to sleep :D

12-4 it's a hockey score! However in the demo on pc with the time patch applied the scores between my friends and myself hate been reasonable. The biggest was 4-3 so i don't think it,s that east and arcadew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom