WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

hey Jack do you have pes6 on 360 btw?
I did. I couldn't resist the temptation a few days after release, but I took it back within a week. I bought it again three months later for online play, and it was a laugh, I admit. But again, within a week, I got bored of Liverpool v Barca, Liverpool v Inter, Liverpool v Brazil (PES would benefit greatly from online leagues - something I suggested on here for years and years - so that you have something to aspire to). I'm not the kind of person who can play online games like that even if the gameplay is fantastic - I just find it boring. Like playing the same level in Metal Gear Solid over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... But made even more frustrating because there is no "next level".

In total I owned the game for something like two weeks.

I've been waiting for the day when someone would call me on PES6 on the 360.

Seriously, I wrote that off from day one.

The clue was in the title, surely? Pro Evo 6 being similar to... Pro Evo 6?

I think unrealistic expectations started from there.
So it shouldn't have been released on next-gen until this year, should it? (And before you mention FIFA being released every year on 72 platforms regardless, remember two wrongs don't make a right)

(Sorry if these posts are pissing anyone off, I'm trying not to repeat myself but make new statements...)

Last edited:

You've said this several times - so you're excusing PES6 on 360 then? A £40 experiment? Out of interest, if PES2008 was exactly the same as PES6 (just pretend for a moment), would you say that PES2009 is PES's first next-gen outing?

I'm torn here, Jack has a point, but I think it's common knowledge that PES6 was a financially led and forced release.

However, if they are developing all platforms on PC, why the hell should they get 2 years grace? PS2 is built on PC, how hard is it to add HD, and churn that out....that's great every year.

Now before you all start, I appreciate that it's not THAT simple, but it has been two years in the making.....

So it shouldn't have been released on next-gen until this year, should it? (And before you mention FIFA being released every year on 72 platforms regardless, remember two wrongs don't make a right)

I try to keep myself as far away from video game politics as merely discussing it makes me feel my virginity return.

There was something about Microsoft having an exclusive deal.

Microsoft would have wanted the first next-gen football title, albeit in name alone, and Konami aren't exactly going to turn down money.

I don't have an issue with it as I knew what to expect LONG before it was released.

It was released out of the normal PES cycle, I remember, so it was always going to be a naff reincarnation.

And you have to mention Fifa. The amount of shameless cash ins over the past few years alone are astounding.

Every Champions League Game, every World Cup/Euro specific game move the game forward at such a glacial pace that it's laughable.

2 weeks? thats it? i didn't liked it either the first 2 weeks you know y? cause i was trying to play it like we10.In fact i was really dissapointed because it didn't met my expectations either. The truth is that it WASN'T a next-gen game, BUT it was better than ps2 pes 6 in terms of gameplay.

However, if they are developing all platforms on PC, why the hell should they get 2 years grace? PS2 is built on PC, how hard is it to add HD, and churn that out....that's great every year.

I'm first to put my hand up and say that I don't know jack about shit about game development, but surely the transition to new code and the like isn't as simple as loading up a new program and carrying on from there?

That's where I give them a grace period.

Every Champions League Game, every World Cup/Euro specific game move the game forward at such a glacial pace that it's laughable.
Pro Evo, Winning Eleven, Winning Eleven: Final Evolution, J-League Winning Eleven... Each time with the same limitations. EA does two games a year usually, three in a European Cup/World Cup year - up until this year Konami did three a year practically every year (four including Pro Evo). How slow does that make the game progress? As soon as you finish one game, you take a week's holiday and then you have to start on the one that's scheduled to come out in three months... How many people (PES fans) have said over the past few weeks (including WENB guys) that Konami need to stop developing so many games per year for the game to progress?

And before you say "but we're not supposed to buy the Japanese games", nobody's forcing you to buy what you know is a crummy update either. If you do, that's up to you. You pays your money, you takes your choice. But whether you do or you don't it's harming the game's development.

(In-case the over-eager are reading this, please don't tell me I'm trying to force anyone to buy anything, or not buy anything, I'm just making a point... No wars intended)

Last edited:

to tell u the truth is the players who must progress not the game trust me, how many of the guys in here(Bitching pes) play the game using all moves? ill tell you man NONE.The game is too HUGE for you its the players that have to change the way they play not the game.I said it before that some guys in here are posting more than what they play

Last edited:

Pro Evo, Winning Eleven, Winning Eleven: Final Evolution, J-League Winning Eleven... Each time with the same limitations. EA does two games a year usually, three in a European Cup/World Cup year - up until this year Konami did three a year practically every year (four including Pro Evo). How slow does that make the game progress? As soon as you finish one game, you take a week's holiday and then you have to start on the one that's scheduled to come out in three months... How many people (PES fans) have said over the past few weeks (including WENB guys) that Konami need to stop developing so many games per year for the game to progress?

And before you say "but we're not supposed to buy the Japanese games", nobody's forcing you to buy what you know is a crummy update either. If you do, that's up to you. You pays your money, you takes your choice.

(In-case the over-eager are reading this, please don't tell me I'm trying to force anyone to buy anything, or not buy anything, I'm just making a point... No wars intended)

In fairness some of my favourite WE/PES games were the extra games onami released.

I've got fond memories of WE6FE on the GameCube years back with my brother.

WE8LE also got many a hearty laugh from me.

Here's a list of Winning Eleven games out/coming up since WE10.

Winning Eleven 10 (apr/2006) All good
J-League Winning Eleven 10 + Europe League '06-'07 (nov/2006) Only released in Japan or w/e
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (feb/2007) The American game? if so that's fine
Winning Eleven 10 LiveWare Evolution (only for Korea) (feb/2007) Only for Korea, aye
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 PES 2008 for America?
J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club World Cup (aug/2007) Yearly Japanese league game

From that I gather that they only release so many games because of issues with regions. I wouldn't class The J-league as a cash in as how many games are J-league specific (Not including fifa's generic league system)?

I think it's another case of apples and oranges. WE now has region specific games whilst EA sold the 2006/2007 Champions League game world-wide.

Last edited:

do you see women as dildos?more like FIFA-Chuck Norris, PES-Halle Berry

Last edited:

I too is looking forward to the PS3 option file.

and me to.... incredible job done Beatts !looks awesome!!
And some good news to, i just talked with a friend who was down in spain this weekend he now have the ps3 version of the game and he have played it with a friend today and he claims that there is no lag ingame .... only on replays and some cutscenes
And that made me a lot happier =) looking forward to the full game next week

do you see women as dildos?more like FIFA-Chuck Norris, PES-Halle Berry

I was referring to a battery operated dildo as a sex-machine, but as it needed explaining, I shouldn't have bothered.

I've got fond memories of WE6FE on the GameCube years back with my brother.
My first ever WE and my favourite. My dad is never pleased with anything (like father like son eh), and after playing it for ten seconds, he said "this is absolutely amazing". I would bet all my consoles that he has never said that about anything ever again in his life, and never will. I still have it - I'll never get rid of that one.

I was referring to a battery operated dildo as a sex-machine, but as it needed explaining, I shouldn't have bothered.

my bad man, i realized later but i didn't post cause is a f**ked up conversation in the first place.Ill get my copy on thursday finally i can sleep now i know the date.peace

And some good news to, i just talked with a friend who was down in spain this weekend he now have the ps3 version of the game and he have played it with a friend today and he claims that there is no lag ingame .... only on replays and some cutscenes

Sweet if true mate. Looking forward to it. Next Thursday i should have it

Ive searched this thread for details about the network option, but I cant find anything, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Are there any known details about the betwork mode, specifically:

Can you play PC vs PS3?
Is there a direct IP option like in PES 4 or are we stuck with the servers again?

Cheers
Shooto

Nice thx for the info m8:)

It's 1wk 2days 59mins 30secs till PES 2008 (officialy speaking)

i have the game for the ps3 on monday 80% or a day later for 100% iam not kidding i will show it to you all on manday

Wish I could get it early...

Why is that, you wantTo bash it again, but now after you have played it? :lmao: I honestly don't understand... moaning and moaning and now you want the game earlier? :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom