WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Thanks placebo :D I was wondering what people where going on about, a seabass interview, now lets see...

Is it just me that whenever I see this Seabass video, I want to smash my monitor screen?

nobody have play the full version of pes 2008 en some have cancelled there pre=order i dont understand that iam sure it will be better that pes6 on the 360

nobody have play the full version of pes 2008 en some have cancelled there pre=order i dont understand that iam sure it will be better that pes6 on the 360

Well, you'd cancel your pre-order if you think the game is going to be bad. If you buy the game and then it confirms that you dont like it, then you've already shelled out the money.

So if you think the game will be bad, then you don't want to pay money for it, hence you don't buy it. ;)

I cancelled and then re-ordered. For £18 you cant go wrong. Specially with all the patches that will be about for the PC :)

Are people getting this for the PC or console? I'm slightly tempted by the PC version with the modding aspect of it all.

Im getting it on the consoles, so I can play vs mates with master league teams and online etc, and the fact I have more controllers for it, might get the PC version later though after christmas or something If I can be bothered.

"OMG Faces face face lol!!11111zzz!!"

WHO CARES about faces? We see them for a few seconds here and there. The actualy in-game graphics are terrible and the gameplay LOOKS way too fast!

Han, is it really that difficult for you to comprehend that PES 2008 is going to be rubbish this year? Can't you see that people like Placebo are old-school hardcore PES/WE fanatics and they can't beleive Seabass's half-arsed attempt at a Next-Gen football game? Does it really hurt you that much that so many people are loving FIFA this year? THAT is pathetic.

Mate, exaggeration is obvious in your post. Firstly, PES isn't rubbish. So out of 10 it seems like you rate things either 0 or 10? So its either rubbish or perfect? That's the wrong way to rate anything. I agree PES 2008 isn't what we expected but its still PES and its gameplay still has the same elements that made me like this game.

So many people loving Fifa? Sorry there's another exaggeration again. So many people may have liked it for the fact it has improved slightly both visually and in gameplay, which is impressing considering how long it took them to impress (10 years?), but in no way its gameplay surpasses PES's.

I have been playing Fifa 08 heavily for quite a while now and yes i did like it. For some reason last night i felt the urge to go back to PES 2008 PC. I was very impressed with its gameplay eventhough it still don't look next-gen enough. Why though? Because i found that its gameplay sucked me in and i had that same feeling i had 10 years ago come back to me, specially after playing Fifa. PES definetely has better player control, response time, and player uniqueness.

I am defintely buying PES 2008 PC version and i'm pretty sure i'll be enjoying it more than i have with Fifa 08 this time around, even if it doesn't include the manager mode that i want.

One more thing i'd like to mention. Both PES and FIFA can be so arcadish, which actually depends on who's playing them. But when people like me who try to play their games like a real football match on both Fifa and PES, PES does it for me.

My ratings for both games (If anyone gave a toss):

Gameplay
PES 2008 PC (based on PC demo obviously): 8.7
Fifa 08 360 (full game): 7.5

Football atmosphere
PES 2008 PC (based on PC demo obviously): 7.5
Fifa 08 360 (full game): 9

The textures, look much better than in-game but unfortunatly until i get a hold of a copy myself im working blind.

So many people loving Fifa? Sorry there's another exaggeration again. So many people may have liked it for the fact it has improved slightly both visually and in gameplay, which is impressing considering how long it took them to impress (10 years?), but in no way its gameplay surpasses PES's.

I have been playing Fifa 08 heavily for quite a while now and yes i did like it. For some reason last night i felt the urge to go back to PES 2008 PC. I was very impressed with its gameplay eventhough it still don't look next-gen enough. Why though? Because i found that its gameplay sucked me in and i had that same feeling i had 10 years ago come back to me, specially after playing Fifa. PES definetely has better player control, response time, and player uniqueness.

I am defintely buying PES 2008 PC version and i'm pretty sure i'll be enjoying it more than i have with Fifa 08 this time around, even if it doesn't include the manager mode that i want.

One more thing i'd like to mention. Both PES and FIFA can be so arcadish, which actually depends on who's playing them. But when people like me who try to play their games like a real football match on both Fifa and PES, PES does it for me.

My ratings for both games (If anyone gave a toss):

Gameplay
PES 2008 PC (based on PC demo obviously): 8.7
Fifa 08 360 (full game): 7.5

Football atmosphere
PES 2008 PC (based on PC demo obviously): 7.5
Fifa 08 360 (full game): 9

100% agree with you mate. Fifa08 is a very, very good game. Loads of fun to play online, however it is the gameplay of PES2008 that sucks me in as well. It just brings good old time memories and you feel in full control of players. It is very addictive.

And Beatts, I have to say I love the work that your doing with the kits over at PC Action. They are quality and are definately a good alternative to the default unlicensed kits the game comes with. This is good stuff, despite it's edit mode limitations.

Last edited:

Plan M you're just a veteran newbie mate, again your posting in here 3-4 day in a row , really when do you play Fifa?lol

are shakhtar donetsk on this game? i know they arent licensed but are they even on the game?

BTW I would not put option files or play with the official FA logos in the WENB, it is not gonna take too long before they get some nasty email from the FA for IPR issues.

Anyway as eurogamer stated in last year fifa review, the technological comparative advantage of FIFA is now huge, i can't really see how konami is gonna keep up. FIFA has new engine, tons of mode on line and off line and a database of 30 leagues and some 30 stadia. So they can put a lot of effort on gameplay which is already pretty good.

Last edited:

And PES2008 does not look like a next gen game.

If you're happy with the quality of the graphics on your next gen system then that's fine for you, for me there's nothing about PES2008 that looks next gen, not the faces, not the character models, not the crowds, not the pitches, not the stadiums. There's some stuff in Fifa08 that looks next gen, there's some stuff that doesn't look great, but I'll take the looks of Fifa08 over the looks of PES2008 any day of the week, especially considering how much it costs to buy a next gen console, I want something that when I play it I think "that's why I bought this console rather than sticking to current gen".

You want a perfect game straight away?

Jesus Christ Fifa has never shown us anything that proves that it has the ability to move out of Pro Evo's slipstream.

I really don't know how you can expect a game to be 100% on it's first outing on a new platform.

Oh well, I guess you fickle lot will eventualy see.

I really don't know how you can expect a game to be 100% on it's first outing on a new platform.
You've said this several times - so you're excusing PES6 on 360 then? A £40 experiment? Out of interest, if PES2008 was exactly the same as PES6 (just pretend for a moment), would you say that PES2009 is PES's first next-gen outing?

You've said this several times - so you're excusing PES6 on 360 then? A £40 experiment?

I've been waiting for the day when someone would call me on PES6 on the 360.

Seriously, I wrote that off from day one.

The clue was in the title, surely? Pro Evo 6 being similar to... Pro Evo 6?

I think unrealistic expectations started from there.

Out of interest, if PES2008 was exactly the same as PES6 (just pretend for a moment), would you say that PES2009 is PES's first next-gen outing?

PES6 was released on the 360 just because they could.

It was a one off, released on one platform.

Now the we've got the PS3, 360, Wii, PSP, DS, PC and god knows how many other platforms getting the game at once.

It's apples and oranges stuff.

edit: Also PES6 on the 360 was such a small release. Released in Europe for the limited amount of 360 owners (in relation to the PS2). It might as well have been a J-league equivilant or something, it just didn't interest me at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom