WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

It is nevertheless an accurate, well thought off and comic analogy.
Unfortunately, it is true and I for one keep my hopes up until next year...

Lets cut the bull; PES is not fantastic this year and a lot of people are dissapointed. However, I never heard a producer say (before the game is released!) that he himself is dissapointed too. Especially Seabass who every year comes up with confident comments as if he invented sliced bread. I may be a bit naive, but I have good hopes for the future...
If not, I will permanently resort to FIFA. Simple as that

need a site with HD photos of player

plzz

Yeah I think the whole Seabass comments can only be a good thing. Whether he can deliver is another matter, but its now public information that he isnt pleased with how the game is developing and the limited team/time he has. Shows he's not totally in his old world and realises the valid critisms levelled at the game. Hopefully next year we will have two really good footie games. FIFA for me this year is really good and if they continue the development curve they are showing should next year be even better. PES improving can only be a good thing as it still has a lot of qualities. Cant wait till the nonsense starts again in about 6 months or so :D

Rob McLean is not quoted accurately. He said there are more high-scoring results with his all out-attack and 12-4 was the highest.
Still a high score though, but it was on multiplayer, so who knows how crap his opponent was. He is nr two of Europe, so his scores might not be representative for average players.

[Winning11 Blog] PES 2008 Focus: FC Barcelona Image Gallery - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/pes-2008-focus-fc-barcelona-image.html

It looks like the "2008 pes cyrano de bergerac" prize goes to messi after a long kindgdom of sheva.....

I still think those visual and color palette are dull.

Ah one more thing: i hate the option of putting 4 forwards, in real life nobody plays with 4 forwards. That option should be confined to the last 10-5 min of a game when u are loosing. If u play on line a f....er who puts ronnie dihno kaka and Jonah Lomu Adriano as forwards it is almost impossible to defend, even if u did not choose the famous "centre back going bananas" option that seabass mentioned....

Last edited:

Even still, a player would be absoloutly shockingly crap to concede 12 goals on any football game. 12 goals isn't right, no matter how arcade a game is.

Even still, a player would be absoloutly shockingly crap to concede 12 goals on any football game. 12 goals isn't right, no matter how arcade a game is.

I haven't lost a game in the demo, i think in 30 games cpu score 2 goals against me on top diff. and I am an average player (around 530-540 on line at the time being).

You got to remember that Rob is one of the best PES players out there. He was beating by 6/7 goals on PES6.

I haven't lost a game in the demo, i think in 30 games cpu score 2 goals against me on top diff. and I am an average player (around 530-540 on line at the time being).
But did you score 12 in a match? I think not. The 12-4 is rediculous indeed. It means 1.6 goals in a minute! He said he played all out attack and I guess his opponent did too, according to the 4 goals from him.
I still think his opponent did something teribelly wrong :D
Compare it when a pro-team plays a weak amateur, only then you get these idiot scores...

I wasn't commenting on that score, i mean 1 match result from the best pes player does not mean much to me either. But i hope they increase difficulty level in the final release, the demo seemed too easy.

Yes, true.
One thing what concerns me is that he told us the game is very fast. I think they didn't turn down the speed from the demo with the version he got. So we have to wait and see how this is in the full version.

Rain is in pes2008 please ?

You must be a cynical man, if u put rain the kid on the stand is gonna get a cold......

And let's hope either konami or EA is gonna put an option to decide team level (3 stars or below)/type (club or national) in the on line game: having 30 leagues on line makes no sense if the other guys always pick barca or inter.

You must be a cynical man, if u put rain the kid on the stand is gonna get a cold......

And let's hope either konami or EA is gonna put an option to decide team level (3 stars or below)/type (club or national) in the on line game: having 30 leagues on line makes no sense if the other guys always pick barca or inter.

I have developed a deep rooted hatred for Inter and Adriano in particular based purely on playing PES6 online. I could strangle Adriano after every Inter/Brazil match I play online in PES6. So frustrating, so wrong. Adriano is a mediocre player in real life, why make him superhuman in PES6?

no, i want to know if the weather (rain, snow) is in pes2008.

Why is that, you wantTo bash it again, but now after you have played it? :lmao: I honestly don't understand... moaning and moaning and now you want the game earlier? :lmao:
lol why do people post stupid posts like that? I like other PES veterans have had my issues with PES and its lack of what is known as "Evolution" which oddly is in the game title. But I still await the game, I hope it will be more playable than FIFA which to me is complete tosh.

You mean he's the best at using cutbacks.

No disrespect to Rob, but any muppet can use Brazil/Inter and usually get a result. Rob is clearly a great player, but to really be classed as the best he should try using England or even Argentina or Spain. But then again, if both players are using the same team it is the best player that will come out on top, so I've contradicted myself there haven't I?!? Ha ha ha. ;)

Last edited:

Rob McLean is not quoted accurately. He said there are more high-scoring results with his all out-attack and 12-4 was the highest.
Still a high score though, but it was on multiplayer, so who knows how crap his opponent was. He is nr two of Europe, so his scores might not be representative for average players.

Even if you go all out attack on Fifa playing the worst of the worst, you will not get 12-4. I already have no problem destroying the CPU on top player level on PES 6, so I am really worried now, due to the fact I only play single player.

Defense pressure u a lot in fifa and more than that, you can't do those easy passes to totally unmarked wingers and then roadrunning to the end.

I mean some cutback gols must happen but it should not be people first or only choice when setting up a play.

It looks like the "2008 pes cyrano de bergerac" prize goes to messi after a long kindgdom of sheva.....

I still think those visual and color palette are dull.

Ah one more thing: i hate the option of putting 4 forwards, in real life nobody plays with 4 forwards. That option should be confined to the last 10-5 min of a game when u are loosing. If u play on line a f....er who puts ronnie dihno kaka and Jonah Lomu Adriano as forwards it is almost impossible to defend, even if u did not choose the famous "centre back going bananas" option that seabass mentioned....

As much as you may hate it, it is a very real possibility in real life, and thus it should be in there.

Besides I seem to recall teams long ago playing 4-2-4 formations and the like. So if anything it should be in there for people who want to make classic teams.

Besides, if the formation really is that useless, then a well-designed game should punish it, thus making people use it very rarely. ANd if you can get away with using 4-2-4 then there might just be some unbalanced gameplay that can make you get away with 2 midfielders, or you have a very skilled team. :)

Even if you go all out attack on Fifa playing the worst of the worst, you will not get 12-4. I already have no problem destroying the CPU on top player level on PES 6, so I am really worried now, due to the fact I only play single player.
Just to make sure, he played a human player who played equally attacking as him ( I re-read that post) so that's different than playing the CPU.

Defense pressure u a lot in fifa and more than that, you can't do those easy passes to totally unmarked wingers and then roadrunning to the end.

I mean some cutback gols must happen but it should not be people first or only choice when setting up a play
No, the cut-back was a weakness in PES 6. About FIFA: It plays indeed like you said, but the weakness is that it plays with MOST teams that way and in PES most teams has their own style, which is more fun :)

No disrespect to Rob, but any muppet can use Brazil/Inter and usually get a result. Rob is clearly a great player, but to really be classed as the best people should try using England or even Argentina or Spain. But then again, if both players are using the same team it is the best player that will come out on top, so I've contradicted myself there haven't I?!? Ha ha ha. ;)

Your on the right lane there, its annoying when people only use the same teams, its like are you scared to use other teams because you'll get shown up? A truly great player can use a variety of teams and adapt and still come out on top.

True, they should!

We on our Dutch Pesonly-forum organize some handicap-tournaments, like the World-cup handicap ( once a year ) and the best players get the weakest teams and the weak players get the best team and all graduations in between. That makes it very interesting for all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom