WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Almost none of their so called "exclusive" turned out to be true. Maybe it is not BSting, but surely they were greatly exaggerating. And if the king of cutbacking finds the game too fast and too easy to score it is surely a concern.

How many times are we gonna hear this "Latest Build" bollocks?

Seabass would not give somebody personally an unfinished version.
Oh, do you suddenly have faith in Seabass??? :D
It's just about what serves you, right? :roll:

Almost none of their so called "exclusive" turned out to be true. Maybe it is not BSting, but surely they were greatly exaggerating. And if the king of cutbacking finds the game too fast and too easy to score it is surely a concern.
Okay, just let's forget what he said. In that case we don't know how fast the game plays. I still find it possible that Adam did see a newer version. At the moment Seabass was in Spain for the European Championships, the game was still not gone gold, so it is very possible that he did not give the final build away; and not giving it in a proper package and without a manual seems to point to that..

Maybe it is not BSting, but surely they were greatly exaggerating.
This kind of remark has made some valuable members turn their back to this forum. I blame ( amongst others ) you for that!
Talking about greatly exaggerating... :roll:

Last edited:

LMAO, its so funny to see even the slightly negative reviews being labelled as stupid/shit/etc. If they have good arguments to back up their score then whats the problem? Surely pes shouldnt have been getting higher then 8's for the past few years anyway. It was the same for joystick, they had very good arguments to back up their score, lack of development, very little change in how many years, poor graphics, etc.

Have people lost the ability to look objectively at a game and see how it rates? Probably a ridiculous question with the people in this thread. I mean 9/10 - 10/10 scores are, and should be, reserved for games that are very very good in all aspects of the game, gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. PES only rates highly in one aspect these days and thats gameplay, whether you like or dislike the speed is another matter. Its still very responsive and in that regard good. The rest is crap and should be rated objectively because of that.

Co-sign 100%

Han the game must have gone gold some time before he made it to spain, he would not have spent days in spain if they hadn't gone gold before. We are talking about a game who sells millions the first 2-3 weeks and has to ship in thousands of shops in tons of countries, it can't all happen so fast.

Seabass also said they experienced slow downs (he didn't say they were working to fix them) and said he is already working on next year project. It all seems to suggest that pes 2008 was finished, maybe the packaging was not yet done so he gave the guys finished version without proper packages/serial codes.

Last edited:

It has happen before in such a short time. Middlesbrough offered a 99% game and that was in the same week as that championship!

I am off working :)

Another stupid argument? people are entitled to their opinions for christ sake! If thats Cammey's opinion then let it be. I personally speak to Kenny Mo on MSN quite often and he is a GENUINE guy, as is Adonis and Adam. Everything Kenny has told me has turned out to be correct so I trust the WENB guys. They im sure are as disappointed as the rest of us with the lack of evolution and Seabass's latest comments about how he knows this version isnt the greatest and they can do more.....

This kind of remark has made some valuable members turn their back to this forum. I blame ( amongst others ) you for that!
Talking about greatly exaggerating... :roll:

-NEW GEN 18 months beauty in action???
- HUGE Editing?
- PS3 main SKU?
- Romours and hints about features that don't exist (boots, gamemodes, extra leagues etc)?

And they can't take critiques for the incorrect information they provide??? A lot of us get critical responses but we don't behave like kids and leave. Especially when we turn out to be wrong.

Last edited:

My favourite fake (i dunno know who posted it so nothing to do with WENB guys) was the stadium editor. Fascinating fake as we would all love something like that.

Alghout the worst official fake came from konami when they released screens from the Trailers making us believe they were in game footage. Nice try.

Might be possible that he got an older version than Adam got. I am sure Adam did not lie about what he did see.

I dont think there is any need to go after WENB. After all they are just fans like us who have made the effort and investment to actually create something for us. I also dont think Adam lied about it being perfect, because its his opinion. He / they seem to be very shocked that PES is getting any negative reviews at all, ignoring the fact that seabass himself isnt pleased with the game, because they still love the game. What im getting at is WENB are biased because they are fans. In the same way I am biased, atm, in a negative way towards the game they are in a positive way.

You should really never believe anything you read online, or in print [reviews] for the most part. Eventualyl they are all made to sell and with that being the end goal will be creative witht he truth. There is a reason why tabloids/gossipmags sell so well. And it definitly isnt because they always tell the truth and are objective. Some may be more objective but take it all with a pinch of salt and wait till you can see for yourself. There is no need to continually have a go at WENB, for the most part they are a bit too positive with the news and have forwarded news in good faith. That is all, and i cant say i can get angry at them for doing it.

I mean Jack's contact also said to him how beatiful the game played innitially but that the final version is very dissapointing. Are we gonna get angry at Jack because he passed on the information in good faith, or that the game just didnt develope very well since its alpha/beta release. Not likely because he has a negative slant towards the game and is more critical then WENB. But that doesnt mean its any different.

Where is TG any way ?

I told you, we need to get someone on suicide watch!

Where is TG any way ?

crying_man.jpg

Sorry again, but is the fantasista mode included??? it might actually bring something new to the off line experience!

:lol:

They are not stupid at sony, they won't put a demo with slow downs for sure.

I'd rather wait a week and buy the final version than download a problem-filled demo. I am really looking forward to PES2008 whatever anyone says. I will, of course. post my views on thursday night (25/10) after a few hours play.

I think i'll get the ps2 version after all, better a full old version with tons of modes/stadia than a half empty semi next gen one.

So there will be more stadiums and general 'stuff' in the PS2 version than the PS3 version? Is that confirmed? Is the image insertion mode in the PS2 version too? Just asking as my brother will be getting the PS3 version.

freMM has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom