WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

@ Sando,

I could either mean that initially they thought the 360 would have more slowdown and were surprised to see its actually the ps3 version with more problems or,

The 360 version has the most slowdown but they were surprised by how much slowdown is still in the ps3 version and more then originally thought.

Either way both games have slowdown and thats rubbish for a footie game that relies on instant reactions.

@ Sando,

I could either mean that initially they thought the 360 would have more slowdown and were surprised to see its actually the ps3 version with more problems or,

The 360 version has the most slowdown but they were surprised by how much slowdown is still in the ps3 version and more then originally thought.

Either way both games have slowdown and thats rubbish for a footie game that relies on instant reactions.

yeah, just my interpertation. Bad writing indeed!
But then again, since i have the luxery having both systems i want to know which has the most fluid gameplay and less slowdown (god i hate slowdown)

Get the 360 for on line now and Winning Eleven jap version for PS3 in November for off line. Some 140 euros i guess.

And if anyone would give me a next gen decent rugby game i could say good bye to football and all those little idiotic cheaters on line. Diving cheaters now.

Last edited:

Plan M your game(FIFA08) is out and you are still in these forums moaning about PES you don't play anymore?
is a one night stand game after all right ;)? i mean if you take all the players in Fifa for example the only difference between them is their speed lol. I told you before mate you can't compare PES with Fifa, only try to copy it

Could we please stop with the FIFA - PES comparisons? Bottom line: FIFA has evolved positively, PES hasn't.

This thread has turned into a bitch-fest like a classroom full of poofters. I suggest thread title change to "Evo-Web Mardi Gras".

Time to leave the thread. PES looks like suckin ass this year and because of the reasons stated in Winston's sig FIFA also sucks ass too!

Lets not bother with football games this year lads :)

This thread has turned into a bitch-fest like a classroom full of poofters. I suggest thread title change to "Evo-Web Mardi Gras".

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

is true that fifa has been evolve, pes1 is still better tho lol, about pes we don't know yet;) 10 days to go

Time to leave the thread. PES looks like suckin ass this year and because of the reasons stated in Winston's sig FIFA also sucks ass too!

Amen :P

Crysis, Call of duty better keep me entertained :P

:lol:

But let me suggest to call the game "Pro Evolution Slowdowns..."

is true that fifa has been evolve, pes1 is still better tho lol, about pes we don't know yet;) 10 days to go

*Mr Burns accent*
Yessssssssss...

It think PES will is been not so really good and I am dissapoint coz i been expect more...

The worst thing is people are already admitting it's a let-down. But will still buy it and give Konami their money! I'm likely to buy it now, getting too annoyed with FIFA and I need a footie fix so I can't talk hehe :) But the way to show Konami is to hit them in the pocket.

We can't even get excited about 2009, it's hype talk. We had hype talk last year for 2008 and look what's happened. And the year before, and the year before etc. Like Groundhog Day really.

I suggest we just enjoy 2008 for a while and not get worked up when news about 2009 arrives. We should all be more sceptical and let Konami prove that they have messed up and are willing to make big efforts to reclaim the throne

more like what? ok i know is not perfect but in this world right now i can't find nothing to enjoy so much as PES for just $30. i mean i can't sleep well just because the realease day is so near :).it might be just me but i don't think so

We can't even get excited about 2009, it's hype talk. We had hype talk last year for 2008 and look what's happened. And the year before, and the year before etc. Like Groundhog Day really.

:lol:

The worst thing is people are already admitting it's a let-down. But will still buy it and give Konami their money! I'm likely to buy it now, getting too annoyed with FIFA and I need a footie fix so I can't talk hehe :) But the way to show Konami is to hit them in the pocket.

Well if you dont want to give Konami your money theres always the naughty way :D

more like what? ok i know is not perfect but in this world right now i can't find nothing to enjoy so much as PES for just $30. i mean i can't sleep well just because the realease day is so near :).it might be just me but i don't think so

You cant sleep properly because of PES? Now thats weird!

This is getting silly.

PES is definately not going to be shit.Lets just make that clear.

Its not going to meet expectation and thats the fault of everybody, not just Konami.

Its not my game anymore but i would never call it shit because thats just not productive or true and it does not help meaning full discussion with these sorts of outbursts that carry little or no substance.

The game has its flaws and this dissapoints me, i was expecting great things from PES but its chugging along ratrher than make great strides and this has made me look elsewhere and I like the alternative.

I think getting back to debate and paying each other a bit more respect (especially long standing members) is a way to discuss the game and peeps feelings of it.

Problem is... people forget things pretty fast. You will see, in Aug/Sep next year the expectation will be huge again and nobody remembered this thread. Has happened all the years, will happen again.

I am not saying this is good or bad, it is just the real world. It happens in other human being fields like president elections, human forget really fast!

Problem is... people forget things pretty fast. You will see, in Aug/Sep next year the expectation will be huge again and nobody remembered this thread. Has happened all the years, will happen again.

I am not saying this is good or bad, it is just the real world. It happens in other human being fields like president elections, human forget really fast!
true.Plan M will try again100%.LOL

Guys, what's with the PlanM and JB slating? I honestly think that these guys are true PES veterans and are genuinly fed up with Konami and the way they are heading. Granted, they are very harsh at times, but they have good enough reasons to react that way or to react in any manner they see fit on a stagnating franchise.. I for one share their dissapointment and hope for a new beginning in 2009 as should the rest of you guys.. Cut 'em some slack

Last edited:

Just changed my pre-order to ShopTo, might as well save a tenner, then I won't feel as ripped off if the game dissapoints me.

Just felt I had to just write a little note saying that current-gen FIFA08 (PC version) is quite awesome. I've played the 360 version alot with my brother, and I prefer the PC version alot. It has a more defined gameplay, where 360 FIFA feels more loose and unbalanced.

Matches are very intense and you need to work hard to score and create chances. I've been at points where I have played 4 20-minute FIFA League matches with my Lyon Manager mode team, and needing to take a break because of the intense concentration you do. Especially when you are in opportunitues where you try and squeeze a manual throughball between defenders or such, or aiming for a very specific spot, you are really dead focused as you aim and power up the pass. Whereas in PES I just used to play 10-minute games for several hours just drifting through them one by one (in FIFA you need full concentration even if you play Barca versus some crap team, because of the more realistic and toucher general physics and playermovements. I recommend 10 minute halves to really have time to build up play and such.

CPU makes errors in passes both short and long (none of the perfect passes in Next-Gen I've seen some talk about), and if you do 1-2s and well-aimed throughballs it is possible to get through. But if you do face a well-structured defence, you'll need Barca to get through it somewhat easily (by playing 1-2s with Messi and poking through throughballs). It is very realistic, when you are down 1-0 and have spent 5 minute trying to play your way through the defence, ultimately resorting to taking potshots with Juninho from 25 meters. :)

Also, while shots and passes are still automaticly aimed, they now have a manual through ball that works wonders. Can be used as a normal pass button or you can aim in front of players for throughballs. Use L1 with it for lofted analog balls.

But what I love the most is shooting and goalkeepers. It is just a bliss taking longshots or shots in general in the PC version. The way the ball behaves and shoots off the boot really captures the essence of football (the ball doesn't just hit something and deflects, it shoots off it aswell like the ball actually has bounce rather than just being hard and not able to flex), and the shots are now as unpredictable as in PES (sometiems they go on goal, but be a bit too fast on the shotbutton and your player will misshit badly).

Goalkeepers are generally slightly overachieving, but they also vary alot and even if a goalkeeper saves a shot from 10m one time, you always know in the back of your head that the next time, you might get lucky and just roll it past him. Not obvious goalkeeper mistakes or such, just normal variations.Sometiems the goalkeeper happens to be in a stance and state of readiness where he can glue the ball that was heading for the top corner, but other times he will be a meter away with his palm as the ball sails in.

I've also noticed the differences between playing with good teams and bad teams.

In one way PES is alot more clear about these differences, but I also feel that PES exaggerates the difference between for example Ronaldinho and Nesta in dribble speed or such. Almost taking them in a slight caricature direction to enhance their strenghts and weakneses. In PES some defenders move so sluggishly you'd guess they had taken tranqulizers, whilst Ronaldinho makes turns that are just superhuman, doing 2-foot feints in full speed without any loss of speed or such.

Also it plays a but like PES in how the gameplay is structured (PES5 sort of).

If you've tried FIFA08 on the 360 or PS3 and were dissapointed, I'd recommend trying the full FIFA08 PC game one way or another.

After playing PES for 3 years straight, and now spending a week with FIFA08, I am really delighted with some of the saves, goals and passes I've done. It feels really natural and real. Now I sometimes see a goal on TV and think "I scored that exact one last night", and I mean exactly, down to how the goalkeeper moves in the air and everything. Animations are very nice.

Sorry for the long FIFA promotion. I just hope that someone does what I did and notice how awesome it feels to do something like this in FIFA08 PC:

Henry fooling defender with 180 turn (notice also the shot at the end, I just love how it looks, the curl, the general power of it, the way it forcefully deflects off the player etc):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkCGYhwCyA

Manual Lofted Throughpass (L1 + Triangle) to Eto'o:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHs9c7QSA-w

Last edited:

I think Assassin's Creed is better than PES and FIFA :)

Seriously stop the comparison. Both games are good...not great but good "first" Next Gen games.

Just remember first FIFA and PES on PS2 after the PS1 games. Not outstanding !
So let's enjoy these two games for a (half?) year (surely FIFA Euro 2008 and WE2008 xxxx Evolution for marketing)
There are other games my friends and if you buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 just for these two games then you're crazy ;)

I'm enjoying FIFA08 and surely will Enjoy in multiplayer with my mates PES2008 as always :)

Peace and Love

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom