WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

"My contact said that this is the best football game he is ever played!" was one of the best posts in here (200+ pages back now).

"My contact says how good editing is and team vision will blow away every football game in world!" was another classic.

"My contact told me that you get a free Ginsters pastie with the game but ONLY on PS3."

The amount of blind fanboys who post in here is just scary. WHY DEFEND a game when it is blatantly crap? Why tell lies about the PS3? We all know it's a great console - WHY lie? How old are you people?!

We have ALL been lied to by Konami - we have all be conned. PES 2008 is nothing more than an update. Deal with it and move on.

same to you...stop bitching about how bad it is...and move on

I know it's a bit naive and such, but couldn't we make some sort of petition and send it to Nokami?
It's been done a million times. Look at the amount of suggestions on the PESfan suggestion boards, Konami don't listen. It even says on one of their sites, "any suggestions will be deleted because we do not accept suggestions for any of our games". I think they're frightened of getting sued for stealing someone's ideas.

I've written them letters for years, I wrote three in a year eight years ago, I wrote a couple more since then, and I signed about ten petitions. It's a waste of time. Seabass admits himself in one of the interviews that the team has been the same since the days of the SNES, and the game has always felt the same. He's hinted that this will change with PES2009 and so, God willing, next year will be the year.

But how many more times will we say that before we realise we're being conned? The FIFA fans realised the series was going nowhere in 2000 - or say 2001 for argument's sakes. That's 3 years of 3D football games before it clicked that it was the same shit each year. With PES, it's been going on for 8-10 years, and Seabass is still seen as a king, a true football fan, and all this bollocks. So it will continue forever, I think.

Last edited:

Well jim u also learnt "not to spend 600 euros on some rumours" ;)

I personally bought my PS3 for a wider variety of games in the future anyway

;)

Still love the machine tho, 360 just aint my thing tho i want mass effect

I will buy it on ps3 i was really hoping the slowdowns wouldent be in the final version .... the strange thing is that in the videos we have seen from full games i cant see any slowdowns at all ?
Erik from level7 say in a earlier blogg that he didnt noticed any anoying slowdowns when playing against the cpu ,but when he met a friend 1 vs 1 then there was pretty much slowdowns
I really dont understand why there would be more when facing human oponents as long as it is offline ....
Then again i guess i will see for myself in a short time how bad it really is

What is also funny is that FIFa pc version is old gen when i guess we would have loved to get the next gen for pc, the Konami version is next gen when i would have preferred a fully featured old gen with 2vs2 on line and fantasista mode. Damn u jointly konEAmi.....

same to you...stop bitching about how bad it is...and move on

You STILL can't handle the fact that PES 2008 is going to be pants. I have said this a million times - I have ALL THE RIGHT in the world to moan. I have spent over £200 on PES/WE games over the years.

Well I'm happy with my PS3 - at least it will not fail witin a few weeks and more and more games will come out for it. But anyone that thinks pes2008 is acceptable as a 'next-gen' game is having a laugh. I really am a PES fan but I am amazed how lazy and arrogant Konami are - slowdowns on a next gen game FFS! oh but it will all right next time....ok whatever...they are treating the customers with contempt as far as I can tell....how bad is it that they are already hyping pes2009 - what a admission of failure!

I will buy it on ps3 i was really hoping the slowdowns wouldent be in the final version .... the strange thing is that in the videos we have seen from full games i cant see any slowdowns at all ?
Erik from level7 say in a earlier blogg that he didnt noticed any anoying slowdowns when playing against the cpu ,but when he met a friend 1 vs 1 then there was pretty much slowdowns
I really dont understand why there would be more when facing human oponents as long as it is offline ....
Then again i guess i will see for myself in a short time how bad it really is

Agaist another human the amount of calculation is of course superior (he is also making real time decision with a controller to be mapped, not like the Ai which follows its more scripted path).

You STILL can't handle the fact that PES 2008 is going to be pants. I have said this a million times - I have ALL THE RIGHT in the world to moan. I have spent over £200 on PES/WE games over the years.

Are you guys gonna start arguing?

The game is not great end of. I will still buy. Online should be good....i hope.

Just actually read the IGN interview. That really is shocking about the slowdown. Not that it is in the game as it was in the 360 and ridiculous then, but that he has actually come out and said, "yeah we know about the slowdown and were really surprised that it is worse on the ps3. We dont know why". Do they have quality control?!!??! This together with the whole "next year we will have a good game again" comments have really surprised me. Gives the impression that Seabass has had enough of the lack of funding his team is getting and is so pissed off that he will come out and say it in public. Can only be a good thing.

Yeah, the admission of slow-down, particularly the way he admits it with "we were really surprised", is shocking.

No sign of "we realised that the game was not in a fit state to sell so delayed the release until we had fixed this glaring problem".

No, they decided that the annual release date is the be-all-and-end-all so the game will just have to be released in its broken state.

This shows me exactly how much they value their customers. Knowing full well the game is in a poor state, not to mention the paucity of features, they just shove it out onto the market and charge full price, doubtless with the mindset "the muppets will buy it anyway, they always do".

It's been done a million times. Look at the amount of suggestions on the PESfan suggestion boards, Konami don't listen. It even says on one of their sites, "any suggestions will be deleted because we do not accept suggestions for any of our games". I think they're frightened of getting sued for stealing someone's ideas.

I've written them letters for years, I wrote three eight years ago, I wrote a couple more since then, and I signed about ten petitions. It's a waste of time. Seabass admits himself in one of the interviews that the team has been the same since the days of the SNES, and the game has always felt the same. He's hinted that this will change with PES2009 and so, God willing, next year will be the year.

But how many more times will we say that before we realise we're being conned? The FIFA fans realised the series was going nowhere in 2000 - or say 2001 for argument's sakes. That's three years of 3D football games before it clicked that it was the same shit each year. With PES, it's been going on for 8-10 years, and Seabass is still seen as a king, a true football fan, and all this bollocks. So it will continue forever, I think.

Bollocks!! Well, thx for the info Jack. Fingers crossed for next year eh, although I have to admit that I have little faith in Seabass and/or Konami. The shit has been going on for too long now and the excuses are pathetic! I for one am tired of the fraudulences, vindications and prevarications of Konami and Sheepass.... I'm so gutted. I know it's just a game and all,but stil...

I've written them letters for years, I wrote three in a year eight years ago, I wrote a couple more since then, and I signed about ten petitions. It's a waste of time. Seabass admits himself in one of the interviews that the team has been the same since the days of the SNES, and the game has always felt the same. He's hinted that this will change with PES2009 and so, God willing, next year will be the year.

But how many more times will we say that before we realise we're being conned? The FIFA fans realised the series was going nowhere in 2000 - or say 2001 for argument's sakes. That's three years of 3D football games before it clicked that it was the same shit each year. With PES, it's been going on for 8-10 years, and Seabass is still seen as a king, a true football fan, and all this bollocks. So it will continue forever, I think.

Agreed like getting blood out of stone i remember PES 6 petitions for 360 they dont go anywhere they are locked up in a cave and dont want to listen.

Are you guys gonna start arguing?

The game is not great end of. I will still buy. Online should be good....i hope.

Good lag...ops sorry good luck...(not meant against konami, most games i played suffers from lag issue....)

Well I'm happy with my PS3 - at least it will not fail witin a few weeks and more and more games will come out for it. But anyone that thinks pes2008 is acceptable as a 'next-gen' game is having a laugh. I really am a PES fan but I am amazed how lazy and arrogant Konami are - slowdowns on a next gen game FFS! oh but it will all right next time....ok whatever...they are treating the customers with contempt as far as I can tell....how bad is it that they are already hyping pes2009 - what a admission of failure!

Great post mate, very refreshing. :applause:

We are all fans of the PES series - we all have that in common. It's just that some guys around here really can't handle it when we moan about the game. It's like we are slating their mother! :lol:

Well i think the total package for fifa is miles ahead of pes and gameplay actually seems very close aswell atm, although they are now two totally different styles. But thats besides the point why im quoting you.

EA havent had far longer to make the game and make it better. Konami just didnt bother to get one ready for launch and decided that the first game would be a port. Theyve had the same amount of time, however EA have used the time to build a new engine (fifa07) and really improve it in so many ways with fifa08. In the mean time theyve cashed in with the WC (a port of the old versions) and UCL release (an in between with the new engine, and a different developmentteam).

So you end up with both companies having released 2 full games, but whereas EA rebuilt the engine and started from scratch with their first full release, Konami have plodded along with a substandard port and have continued in the same manner. Konami have realised that they have been substandard and now, two years after EA did it, have stated their intention to overhaul the game.

Admittedly EA needed to overhaul their game as it was crap on currentgen. But Konami have shown an arrogance thinking they could make do, and now that fifa are really getting close / surpassed them they have decided to do something about it.

So its not a "EA have had 4 and Konami only 2 so they arent doing so bad" as you are trying to state. Konami just didnt want to spend the cash / showed the ambition to really use nextgen and now they are shitting themselves. After all, hyping the next release before the current one has even been released smacks of desperation and the hope that the loyal fans will stay with pes/konami and make do with pes2008. Its obvious how many have jumped ship so far just from the reaction on this forum.

In the end, both companies are as bad as the other, however one has shown its willingness to improve and listen to the fans. We will still have to wait to see if seabass can forfill his promises and deliver next year.

Amen

This shows me exactly how much they value their customers. Knowing full well the game is in a poor state, not to mention the paucity of features, they just shove it out onto the market and charge full price, doubtless with the mindset "the muppets will buy it anyway, they always do".

I think the correct sentence is "the european muppets will buy it"....not surprisingly the jap version ships later (with no slowdowns and some extra features like twice as many stadia and new modes???)

BTW any news on the PS2 version? i might get that one (or convince my girl to buy a WII remote control to make us happier, she might think it is some sort of a sexual toy.....)

Last edited:

thanks mate - I really think Konami are treating us with contempt and I don't like it one little bit...they clearly think pes2008 is so bad they need to already hype pes2009 - utterly pathetic IMHO

SEABASS AND KONAMI CAN'T BE ARSED. That's the bottom line. It IS possible for a game that is great to eventually become a game that is mediocre. Am I excited by PES 2009? No, because Konami lie. I have washed my hands with them. Am I excited by FIFA 09? HELL YEAH. THAT is the game that has come on in leaps and bounds.

Don't be brainwashed by Seafisherman - it's now time to boycott our beloved PES.

QUOTE:

IGN: In the PS3 version we've played we noticed some slow-down in the game, plus the crowd and stadiums aren't as polished as some of the on-pitch features. Will you look to rectify this in the next game?

Seabass: Of course. To be honest I don't think the slow-down is that bad compared to the 360 and as I said, we don't create just a PS3 game, we created both together. But when we compared them directly we were shocked because the PS3 has a little bit more slowdown and we don't really know why.

So one one hand he says: on ps3 slow-down isn't that bad compared to the 360
On the other hand he says: we were shocked because the PS3 has a little more slowdown...

Seabass what is it? 360 or ps3 has more slowdown?! I have both machines and want the best, so tell me

Last edited:

QUOTE:

IGN: In the PS3 version we've played we noticed some slow-down in the game, plus the crowd and stadiums aren't as polished as some of the on-pitch features. Will you look to rectify this in the next game?

Seabass: Of course. To be honest I don't think the slow-down is that bad compared to the 360 and as I said, we don't create just a PS3 game, we created both together. But when we compared them directly we were shocked because the PS3 has a little bit more slowdown and we don't really know why.

On the other hand he says: we were shocked because the PS3 has a little more slowdown...

Seabass what is it? 360 or ps3 has more slowdown?! I have both machines and want the best, so tell me

I think the correct sentence is "the european muppets will buy it"....not surprisingly the jap version ships later (with no slowdowns and some extra features like twice as many stadia and new modes???)

BTW any news on the PS2 version? i might get that one (or convince my girl to buy a WII remote control to make us happier, she might think it is some sort of a sexual toy.....)

Hence why i will buy WE2008 in November. It so obvious what they are doing. Japan will get the superior version as bloody always, no patching this time tho

:(

hmmmm m8 i dont think i need a kiddie like u to tell me what i can handle or not:)
btw you spend over £200 on PES/WE games over the years....so?
no one told you to,u did it ur self because u also like the game(i think)

the game wil always have flaws..its just the way it is,perfect game does not excist...and if the game would be near perfect...then whats in it for next year? its alsow marketing involved,i agree we just get a better updated version of the last years 360 version.
Still i remain positive,because the offers something what other footie game does not have since ISS2 and thats good gameplay,that the main reason why 'we' like the game,and Seabass focus is more in that area then other little details.I wish the game would have more options also and im alsow disapointed about the slowdowns....but still i remain positive.

i wil get PES2008 for sure,but my main game is WE2008 what i play every year ....and is also better then PES

Last edited:

SEABASS AND KONAMI CAN'T BE ARSED. That's the bottom line. It IS possible for a game that is great to eventually become a game that is mediocre. Am I excited by PES 2009? No, because Konami lie. I have washed my hands with them. Am I excited by FIFA 09? HELL YEAH. THAT is the game that has come on in leaps and bounds.

Don't be brainwashed by Seafisherman - it's now time to boycott our beloved PES.

Even with slowdown and no new features, the game might still be good :)
I'm not being sarcastic here, because I only play multiplayer and online, so no new features don't affect me as much.

QUOTE:

I think the guy who wrote the article is a lousy writer, he meant ps3 more slow downs than the 360.

Well jonestm: i think the lack of 2vs2 is a big loss, i almost can't play 1v1 now i find it very boring and less social. Plus people are generally nicer playing 2vs2.

No 2v2 is the only thing that pisses me off :(

hmmmm m8 i dont think i need a kiddie like u to tell me what i can handle or not:)

A "kiddie"? I am 28 my friend hence the reason I don't use "txt spk" like yourself. :)

btw you spend over £200 on PES/WE games
Giving me the right to criticise Konami and their half-arsed effort at PES 2008. You told me to "stop moaning".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom