WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Seabass: The inspiration that drives me is when I see my work and realise it doesn't have all the features in the game that I want it to have. As for retiring, if someone comes along who has the same - or even better - ideas then maybe I'd be happy to hand the reigns over. But until that time comes along I'm very happy to keep PES moving forward.

Move along, FISHMAN, I'm the new kid in town and i have all the good ideas you'll ever need!

IGN: Which version do you prefer?

Seabass: I like both, but I don't really like the 360 pad that much. But then I don't really like the PS3 pad either.

Is anyone else confused? So he likes both the pads, but at the same time he doesn't like them?!

When you compare 360 and PS3 versions of PES, which do you think is the better version in terms of control?

Seabass: Well firstly there's absolutely no difference in terms of the code between the PS3 and 360 versions. If you're asking about the controller I can only give you my personal opinion. I am really bad at using the 360 controller and I make a lot more missed passes and mistakes using the 360 controller, so I like the PS3 controller more. However a lot of my friends prefer the 360 controller so it's really personal preference, but there's absolutely no difference in the code between the two versions.

WE2008 is my only hope.
I'll play PES2008 for a month then sell it.

I wonder what ThomasGOAL thinks of all this? He hasn't been posting on here much of late. I personally feel sorry for all the guys who have spent a fortune on new PS3 consoles thinking that PES 2008 would be AMAZING on it. This is a harsh but needed wake-up call for all PES fanboys: SURELY you can see this is not acceptable? Slow-down on a NEXT GEN CONSOLE!

LOL, I never believed it would be better on PS3. but I am surprised it is worse and has slowdown.
I wish I could afford to buy a 360 as well and buy games for both consoles.

I love FIFA but i am sooooo sad that PES has not moved on.

when i purchased my 360 in Dec 2005, i only thought of what was instore for PES and i was excited about the prospect of a next gen PES experience.

Needless to say that has all but gone and its going to take something amazing to win me back and many others that worshipped the ground Seabass walked on.

2009 is too little too late IMO as I am sure FIFA will have ironed out the few problems it has. 4 fucking years into next gen and we get a half decent PES game.......c'mon

Last edited:

I wonder what ThomasGOAL thinks of all this? He hasn't been posting on here much of late. I personally feel sorry for all the guys who have spent a fortune on new PS3 consoles thinking that PES 2008 would be AMAZING on it. This is a harsh but needed wake-up call for all PES fanboys: SURELY you can see this is not acceptable? Slow-down on a NEXT GEN CONSOLE!

slowdown is completely unacceptable... i'm pissed off right now

Like I've said, Madden 2008 and All-Pro Football 2008 have slowdown on the PS3 also. It's something to do with the PS3 architecture and Sony really need to give developers a hand here because all of this slowdown isn't a good look for the PS3.

Since their sales slow down compared to the other consoles they decided to make games that slow down as well.......

IGN: Which version do you prefer?

Seabass: I like both, but I don't really like the 360 pad that much. But then I don't really like the PS3 pad either.

Is anyone else confused? So he likes both the pads, but at the same time he doesn't like them?!

He means he prefers the PS2 controller. the triggers on Sixaxis are shocking and I agree, and the Xbox D-pad is not right for PES. So he prefers the old PS2 pad. Frankly so do I.

Im not surprised - developers arnt happy doing stuff for ps3. that guy from valve was moaning about it the other day.

Im not surprised - developers arnt happy doing stuff for ps3. that guy from valve was moaning about it the other day.

Not true, Lair was acclaimed universally as a technical benchmark.....:lmao:

Slowdown Evolution Soccer 2008:( thats sad
still wil get the game
my real hopes are on Winning eleven 2008:)

Hes a lazy sod. Its easier to port PC games to 360 same tools. How is it tha Fifa has no slowdown after the crap demo.

Lazy developers simple.

How much you wanna bet that Winning Eleven on PS3 has no slowdown?

The game needs slowing down anyway

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Why are so many people working up a fuss in trying to annoy others, I feel sorry for those who bought PS3 just for this and crap...

I feel sorry that you feel you have to bring it up, charlie you need to grow up, your like a broken record, you keep repeating the same nonsense, haha told you PS3 wouldnt be better, your either jealous because you aint got a PS3, so NEED to slate it when you get the chance, otherwise why would you care? if you dont have one it doesnt effect you. Or you just plainly like to get your point across, to delibrately annoy people.

Fifa had, world cup 06, then fifa 07 then UCL then fifa 08 the 'good but boring' one, personally I dont think its any good anymore, but at the moment we have had PES6 and now PES2008 thats two so its similar or on par with Fifa at the moment, by now you would of thought Fifa had a game thats miles ahead of PES, but it isnt? Theyve had a lot more time with the next gen, and had a lot more time to improve the next gen game, theres no excuse for them.

Its easy to compare Fifa to PES, but I mean its the 4th next gen Fifa and 2nd PES, so go figure.

Slowdown is bad, but PES6 for 360 had it for the 1st one, and the PS3 has had it for the first one.

Anyway I was a firm believe in waiting another year before the real change in next gen, Ive been awaiting the PS2 one mainly, and seeing if the next gen is much better, and for me it is much better than ES6 on 360 so its worth it, plus HOPEFULLY more fun and longer lasting then 2 week Fifa :D

I haven't really mentioned fifa so what are you talking about FIFA and PES for 4 paragraphs?

Lots of Ps3 games have performance issues like slow downs, half frame rate or graphics looking washed out. That's a fact. Then buy whatever u want, i was just pointing out that we have been given misleading information for quite a while. But those who gave us misleading information decided to leave the forum right before the truth came out.

P.S.
And i believe that with this price cut PS3 is a better deal in long term.

Last edited:

Why are so many people working up a fuss in trying to annoy others, I feel sorry for those who bought PS3 just for this and crap...

I feel sorry that you feel you have to bring it up, charlie you need to grow up, your like a broken record, you keep repeating the same nonsense, haha told you PS3 wouldnt be better, your either jealous because you aint got a PS3, so NEED to slate it when you get the chance, otherwise why would you care? if you dont have one it doesnt effect you. Or you just plainly like to get your point across, to delibrately annoy people.

Fifa had, world cup 06, then fifa 07 then UCL then fifa 08 the 'good but boring' one, personally I dont think its any good anymore, but at the moment we have had PES6 and now PES2008 thats two so its similar or on par with Fifa at the moment, by now you would of thought Fifa had a game thats miles ahead of PES, but it isnt? Theyve had a lot more time with the next gen, and had a lot more time to improve the next gen game, theres no excuse for them.

Its easy to compare Fifa to PES, but I mean its the 4th next gen Fifa and 2nd PES, so go figure.

Slowdown is bad, but PES6 for 360 had it for the 1st one, and the PS3 has had it for the first one.

Anyway I was a firm believe in waiting another year before the real change in next gen, Ive been awaiting the PS2 one mainly, and seeing if the next gen is much better, and for me it is much better than ES6 on 360 so its worth it, plus HOPEFULLY more fun and longer lasting then 2 week Fifa :D

Well said mate. As i have said before EA have had 3 attempts at making a decent game. As long as the game is not totally unplayable then fair enough. Remember if the are using the PC as the base of the game it would run better on 360 as its the same tools.

I will get the PS3 version as the pads better so i will just deal with it. PS2 version may get bought also

Every time you cross over the centre circle,corners and free kicks the game slows down.A bad day for ps3 owners.

I haven't really mentioned fifa so what are you talking about FIFA and PES for 4 paragraphs?

Lots of Ps3 games have performance issues like slow downs, half frame rate or graphics looking washed out. That's a fact. Then buy whatever u want, i was just pointing out that we have been given misleading information for quite a while. But those who gave us misleading information decided to leave the forum right before the truth came out.

Misleading info specify more ? if you mean slowdown then Adonis clearly stated in podcast that he felt the PS3 version could goto retail with problems.

Misleading info specify more ? if you mean slowdown then Adonis clearly stated in podcast that he felt the PS3 version could goto retail with problems.

Go listen to the podcast since the beginnig, they stated over and over PS3 was the leading format.

PS3 is the lead SKU - oops.

PS3 version is three times better than the others - erm, apart from the horrendous slowdown. But that doesn't matter.

100s of boots - oh no, sorry, 10.

The final game is a simulation, the demo is arcade - oh no, sorry, it's a bit slower though.

Amazing edit mode! [Ssshhh, don't mention the backs of the shirts]

That, along with - WAIT until you see the screenshots! Urgh, okay. WAIT until you see the game in motion! Oh shit, no, wait. YOU HAVE to play the demo! Oh fucking hell, sorry. YOU HAVE to play the final version! Oh bollocks, no, sorry. It still might not be the final version... Oh God, really? Well, Seabass says PES2009 is going to be amazing. WE LOVE YOU SEABASS!

It's not WENB though, they just get the info and publish it. I was even told by one of my best friends (a.k.a. "contact") that the game looked incredible in motion - I have no fucking idea what he was on when he said it but I was one of the first to confirm this rumour on Evo-Web. He was really excited by it, even though he has hated the last few Pro Evos like I have. But now he's completely backtracked and said he can't believe what's happened to the game - apparently it's changed a lot since the early versions, and not in a good way.

WENB do an amazing job (especially when they get so much shit for it and get no money for it, they're dedicated and you can't take that away from them). It's KONAMI I'm pissed off with.

Last edited:

I agree WENB is the best source for news and they are doing a great job in keeping the blog alive and kicking. I would just suggest that they trust less their inside contacts.

By the way Jack you forgot the last excuse: it is not the game, but the tv you use. If u buy a 1080p 20000 dollars Sony Full HD model with golden remote control and trasporter u have no slow down whatsoever......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom