WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

But they get absolutely fuck all from Konami apart from preview copies a week before release, their PR guys are pathetic. If they didn't publish what they get from their contacts, the blog would be blank until release day.

Saving grace is that Call of Duty is out the week after. Theres a developer who has managed to get all versions running smoothly.

I wonder how they did it?

Simple concentrate on each version individualy, Hint at Konami & EA.

PS3 is the lead SKU - oops.

PS3 version is three times better than the others - erm, apart from the horrendous slowdown. But that doesn't matter.

100s of boots - oh no, sorry, 10.

The final game is a simulation, the demo is arcade - oh no, sorry, it's a bit slower though.

Amazing edit mode! [Ssshhh, don't mention the backs of the shirts]

That, along with - WAIT until you see the screenshots! Urgh, okay. WAIT until you see the game in motion! Oh shit, no, wait. YOU HAVE to play the demo! Oh fucking hell, sorry. YOU HAVE to play the final version! Oh bollocks, no, sorry. It still might not be the final version... Oh God, really? Well, Seabass says PES2009 is going to be amazing. WE LOVE YOU SEABASS!

It's not WENB though, they just get the info and publish it. I was even told by one of my best friends that the game looked incredible in motion - I have no fucking idea what he was on when he said it but I was one of the first to confirm this rumour on Evo-Web. He was really excited by it, even though he has hated the last few Pro Evos like I have. But now he's completely backtracked and said he can't believe what's happened to the game - apparently it's changed a lot since the early versions, and not in a good way.

WENB do an amazing job (especially when they get so much shit for it and get no money for it, they're dedicated and you can't take that away from them). It's KONAMI I'm pissed off with.

Yep there no doubt there been some mistakes but alot of that has come from magazines/contacts not direct from WENB etc bragging about more boots and what not.

Indeed they do fantastic job for the community ive said enough times how dissatisfied i am with Konami i just wanted Charlie to elaborate more. :)

The WENB boys are total bullshitters; prolly funded by Konami's PR department. And now they will not show their faces once their 'predictions' look like crap

The WENB boys are total bullshitters; prolly funded by Konami's PR department. And now they will not show their faces once their 'predictions' look like crap

It's comments like this that go to show why they don't bother returning to the forum.

Maybe I am the only one here, but several times after i read the latest about the wonder of the new PS3 pes2008 i thought about going out and buying a PS3.

Eventually i decided to wait: good thing price cut now and maybe another in a year time when pes is gonna be truly (hopefully) next gen. So misleading information can have a cost and induce people to buy a console that's why I express my concerns.

Infinity Ward have shown it is possible so how Konami & EA fail is beyond me to be honest.

If it was not for other games i am looking forward too my PS3 would be gone until next year.

I just hate PES on teh 360 pad.

@charlievelano - there are other games on the PS3, people who buy a machine for one game especially a footy game are in my opinion mugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

PS3 version is three times better than the others - erm, apart from the horrendous slowdown. But that doesn't matter.

The final game is a simulation, the demo is arcade - oh no, sorry, it's a bit slower though.

That, along with - WAIT until you see the screenshots! Urgh, okay. WAIT until you see the game in motion! Oh shit, no, wait. YOU HAVE to play the demo! Oh fucking hell, sorry. YOU HAVE to play the final version! Oh bollocks, no, sorry. It still might not be the final version... Oh God, really? Well, Seabass says PES2009 is going to be amazing. WE LOVE YOU SEABASS!

It's not WENB though, they just get the info and publish it. I was even told by one of my best friends (a.k.a. "contact") that the game looked incredible in motion - I have no fucking idea what he was on when he said it but I was one of the first to confirm this rumour on Evo-Web. He was really excited by it, even though he has hated the last few Pro Evos like I have. But now he's completely backtracked and said he can't believe what's happened to the game - apparently it's changed a lot since the early versions, and not in a good way.

WENB do an amazing job (especially when they get so much shit for it and get no money for it, they're dedicated and you can't take that away from them). It's KONAMI I'm pissed off with.

well said!:applause:

but i will still be buying it because having played fifa08 since it came out i find multiplayer online and offline very boring !

Its time to pull your socks up Konami! your on your last chance with me, if PES2009 is crap i am done with the series!:(

well said!:applause:

but i will still be buying it because having played fifa08 since it came out i find multiplayer online and offline very boring !

Its time to pull your socks up Konami! your on your last chance with me, if PES2009 is crap i am done with the series!:(

I am with you on that mate. As long as the game is playable then i am happy enough i guess.

Are you seriously saying that WENB is a source of reliable information? I listened to their early podcasts and their talk of NDA's etc and bigging the game up. Don't u think they should own up to misleading people and moreover telling us why they misled the community. Sorry but I'm very cynical about them now.

I bought a PS3 partly on the basis of thinking pes2008 would be a genuine next-gen game - I am very very pissed off

I bought a PS3 partly on the basis of thinking pes2008 would be a genuine next-gen game - I am very very pissed off

I bought a 360 for the same reason (but at the time it was cheaper than the PS3) but i found tons of other games out there. So be patient, more games will come.

Seraphs21 said:
Fifa had, world cup 06, then fifa 07 then UCL then fifa 08 the 'good but boring' one, personally I dont think its any good anymore, but at the moment we have had PES6 and now PES2008 thats two so its similar or on par with Fifa at the moment, by now you would of thought Fifa had a game thats miles ahead of PES, but it isnt? Theyve had a lot more time with the next gen, and had a lot more time to improve the next gen game, theres no excuse for them.

Its easy to compare Fifa to PES, but I mean its the 4th next gen Fifa and 2nd PES, so go figure.

Well i think the total package for fifa is miles ahead of pes and gameplay actually seems very close aswell atm, although they are now two totally different styles. But thats besides the point why im quoting you.

EA havent had far longer to make the game and make it better. Konami just didnt bother to get one ready for launch and decided that the first game would be a port. Theyve had the same amount of time, however EA have used the time to build a new engine (fifa07) and really improve it in so many ways with fifa08. In the mean time theyve cashed in with the WC (a port of the old versions) and UCL release (an in between with the new engine, and a different developmentteam).

So you end up with both companies having released 2 full games, but whereas EA rebuilt the engine and started from scratch with their first full release, Konami have plodded along with a substandard port and have continued in the same manner. Konami have realised that they have been substandard and now, two years after EA did it, have stated their intention to overhaul the game.

Admittedly EA needed to overhaul their game as it was crap on currentgen. But Konami have shown an arrogance thinking they could make do, and now that fifa are really getting close / surpassed them they have decided to do something about it.

So its not a "EA have had 4 and Konami only 2 so they arent doing so bad" as you are trying to state. Konami just didnt want to spend the cash / showed the ambition to really use nextgen and now they are shitting themselves. After all, hyping the next release before the current one has even been released smacks of desperation and the hope that the loyal fans will stay with pes/konami and make do with pes2008. Its obvious how many have jumped ship so far just from the reaction on this forum.

In the end, both companies are as bad as the other, however one has shown its willingness to improve and listen to the fans. We will still have to wait to see if seabass can forfill his promises and deliver next year.

Last edited:

I bought a 360 for the same reason (but at the time it was cheaper than the PS3) but i found tons of other games out there. So be patient, more games will come.

Yea exactly PES2008 is a let down. You have Call oF Duty & Ratchet & Calnk out the week after. I could go on but there are tone of games.

Developers are gonna struggle for as long as they do ports. Have seperate teams work on each machine.

WE2008 will have no slowdown i guarantee it. One month extra time should help. Well it better.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that man. That is really not right and you have a right to feel frustrated if you felt you were misled.

How about the PC, would you get it for that. That is if you have a high end pc ofcourse.

It looks like I will end up getting it for PC instead. I am just in disbeleif to read the latest news.

I also can't beleive how quiet this thread has been since all this bad news came out.

Really a sad, sad week for this forum and platform.

the PS3 has more to offer then PES2008/WE2008.
ppl who got the console just for the game wont be disapointed there lots of other games/media avaible in the future....and lets not forget the online service is free to play online ect.And the editing for PS3 is going to be better then the 360.

From level7

Finally Edit
Last year's XBOX360-version was really quite poor. We can demand more than that from KONAMI and not even having an Edit-function in a game that lacks so many players and teams is obviously lousy. This year we have been given a really nice mode where we can create custom players, kits, emblems and teams. Both emblems and faces can have pictures imported via the Xbox Live Vision Camera. There is thus possibilities for the fans to fill the 18 "free" teams and hundreds of player slots with their own creations. If we are lucky the PES community will reward the game with more value as dedicated fans spend time creating the Bundesliga, all the Premier League clubs and much more. For the PS3 it is supposedly easy to import a new option file while it might require some more work for the 360.

For me the real bad news is the lack of 2vs2 on line. It gave the game that social aspect on line that is what i believe we all love about game, being able to share anger and joy with some mates.

And for those who are happy about fifa 08 on line wait for the 5vs5 patch before selling the game, it might change it completely.

Last edited:

Just actually read the IGN interview. That really is shocking about the slowdown. Not that it is in the game as it was in the 360 and ridiculous then, but that he has actually come out and said, "yeah we know about the slowdown and were really surprised that it is worse on the ps3. We dont know why". Do they have quality control?!!??! This together with the whole "next year we will have a good game again" comments have really surprised me. Gives the impression that Seabass has had enough of the lack of funding his team is getting and is so pissed off that he will come out and say it in public. Can only be a good thing.

the PS3 has more to offer then PES2008/WE2008.
ppl who got the console just for the game wont be disapointed there lots of other games/media avaible in the future....and lets not forget the online service is free to play online ect.And the editing for PS3 is going to be better then the 360.

From level7

Finally Edit
Last year's XBOX360-version was really quite poor. We can demand more than that from KONAMI and not even having an Edit-function in a game that lacks so many players and teams is obviously lousy. This year we have been given a really nice mode where we can create custom players, kits, emblems and teams. Both emblems and faces can have pictures imported via the Xbox Live Vision Camera. There is thus possibilities for the fans to fill the 18 "free" teams and hundreds of player slots with their own creations. If we are lucky the PES community will reward the game with more value as dedicated fans spend time creating the Bundesliga, all the Premier League clubs and much more. For the PS3 it is supposedly easy to import a new option file while it might require some more work for the 360.
So the editing isn't actually better on either console, so you've just told a lie really. It is easier to get AN OPTION FILE onto the PS3, but it's not impossible on the 360, you just need an XSATA. But the actual edit mode itself isn't better on either console, it is THE SAME.

This is why people get pissed off, because people are trying to mislead people. I have a 360 and I'm very happy with it, and if someone asks for a console recommendation I would recommend it in a second. But I wouldn't make up something or be totally misleading to get them to buy "my console" - which is how a lot of people (including myself) feel like they've been treated with PES2008.

Well of course there are other games for the PS3 and more will come out but what is very annoying are various people pretending to have contacts etc., bigging up PES2008 over the weeks, then once everyone else finds out they have been BSing those people get all uppity and disappear from the forum. What's even more pathetic are people on the forum excusing the bullshiters and konami time after time.

It's not WENB though, they just get the info and publish it. I was even told by one of my best friends (a.k.a. "contact") that the game looked incredible in motion - I have no fucking idea what he was on when he said it but I was one of the first to confirm this rumour on Evo-Web. He was really excited by it, even though he has hated the last few Pro Evos like I have. But now he's completely backtracked and said he can't believe what's happened to the game - apparently it's changed a lot since the early versions, and not in a good way.

Thats what i get pissed off with Chris.the constant back tracking when it shows it aint all that.It does not take alot to just admit it is not what it was.

I want it to be outstanding and I want everyone to enjoy it (especially those that have gone with it)but even these people(IMO) are still shying away from the truth, as much as it hurts,its plain to see the holes that have appeared since PES5 and I feel its taken a backward step since going next gen.

Shame, infact a massive shame but its the truth.

Can we get someone to go on suicide watch for ThomasGOAL. I really do fear for him. Any other frenchies near him?

Well of course there are other games for the PS3 and more will come out but what is very annoying are various people pretending to have contacts etc., bigging up PES2008 over the weeks, then once everyone else finds out they have been BSing those people get all uppity and disappear from the forum. What's even more pathetic are people on the forum excusing the bullshiters and konami time after time.
WENB aren't making it up though, they're being told what they write by various sources, they haven't got the game themselves. It's not them you should be angry at, it's their dodgy sources (one of which was PSM3, a very reputable magazine in the UK that you've probably heard of, who said to WENB the game has 100s of boots even though it's now emerged it only has 10). And of course, Konami. Who need 100s of boots up the arse.

Can we get someone to go on suicide watch for ThomasGOAL. I really do fear for him. Any other frenchies near him?
You don't think he believes any of this do you? He won't believe it until he has the game... Then he won't believe it until he gets the PES2008 PS3, "you must need to have that to unlock the final version"... Then he will say "WE2008 will be the game, this was a test" and when that turns out to be the exact same game but with no slowdown, he'll spend £40 again, willingly... As will most of this forum I imagine. But I was the same once upon a time (I didn't buy and keep PES6 but I did buy the J-League game, which was the best WE for years IMO, purely because of Fantasista).

Last edited:

Poor TG, france lost the world cup final, the rugby team lost the semifinal, now PES slows downs......what a terrible year.......(just kidding mate I was also supporting france in those 2 occasions....)

JB: to me the worst was not that WENB had some unreliable sources but that costant dismissal of the bad news (or bad articles written by a WENB member) and the overhype about the few good news (well they have published thousand of faces just because it was the only good thing really.........).

Last edited:

The amount of blind fanboys who post in here is just scary. WHY DEFEND a game when it is blatantly crap? Why tell lies about the PS3? We all know it's a great console - WHY lie? How old are you people?!

We have ALL been lied to by Konami - we have all be conned. PES 2008 is nothing more than an update. Deal with it and move on.

I know it's a bit naive and such, but couldn't we make some sort of petition and send it to Nokami?

Well I hope everyone has learned a lesson - never believe anything Konami says or any of their semi-offical hype boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom