WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Level 7 Seabass Interview (Swedish translated) (You guys f*cking owe me for translating this huge block of text ;))

The PES2008-team promises improvement

There has been a single interview time before it's my turn. And yet we are 7 minutes late. The reason is that KONAMI have chosen to have only 15 minute interview lenghts. Considering the Head Producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka require an interpreter, it is very little time for an interview. Also accounting that we are in Sevilla for 4 days it is extremely little time. One of the reasons I sense even before I accompany a french reporter (who won the PES2008 competition) from Gamekult into the room.

Seabass and his constant right-hand man Aki Saito are sitting in chairs and immediately apologize for the short time we are given. I hand over the list of things I would like to see changed for PES2009. They thank me and politely ask if they can keep it. Seabass has changed since I met him last year. Now he is a more curly-haired man with more "outlandish" clothes. Perhaps he has spent lots of time with surfers, or maybe it is a small lifecrisis. Regardless he looks alot nicer.

L7: How many players can you play online for every format and will we see any downloadable updates like squad lists etc?
- Only 1vs1 on all formats. The reason is that we weren't happy with how it was done before. We want the game online to be as good, or atleast similarly, to what it is like online, so we have rebuilt large portions of the system. Therefor we didn't have the time to implement more than 1vs1. As for updates we have no current plans for it. We are admittedly weak regarding licenses and once we gain strenght in that area we can also work on the aspect of online updates.

Gamekult: If you had had the time, what would you have implemented in PES2008, and what will be included with the next version?
- I cannot reveal any game modes or details, but I have already decided several things. Once thing I can share however is that we are going to change the mentality of how we make the games. We cannot continue with hos is has been done in the past, so that will definitely change. We are not satisfied within the team, and we want to make you and the consumers happy.

L7: What exactly do you mean when you say "mentality"?
- It is how we create the game. We started creating PES with less than 10 persons over 10 years ago. In one way we are doing so still. If you look at other next-gen games from other developers such as Assassin's Creed or GTA4 they have teams of over 100 people that completes the games. But we cannot do that, because we still rely on the same core of 6 people in the team. It is a weak spot. It is at the same time positive because it retains the feeling of PES in the programming, but there are many disadvantages aswell. So we need to change the mentality and how we create the games.

Gamekult: In the first reviews of the game there were complaints of the speed/pace in the next-gen version. Could you not implement an option that allows you to choose the speed of the game, as in previous Winning Eleven games?
- It is a judgment call. For example on the PSOne we could raise the speed of the gameplay by lowering to 27-28 FPS and make it slower by raising to 32-33 FPS. But now we are constantly on 60 FPS and cannot use the same trick. We as developers would rather make the game in 30FPS, but it wouldn't be smooth enough. But we have absorbed the criticism.

L7: Last year we got a 360-version with very few functions. This year you give us an edit-function, and team vision functionality, that ought to have been in PES6. Do you really think that is enough? And can you promise us significantly more for PES2009?
- Yes, that I can promise you. Now we have finally the foundations for all next-gen platforms. We had alot of ideas, but couldn't change it between different platforms, so now we can concentrate on adding new functions.

Gamekult: Can we expect new functions in the Japanese Winning Eleven-version soon due for release?
- Yes, some small changes. Among other things, the AI will be different. But, we cannot continue this later since we expect to give you online gaming regardless of geographical location, and for that we caqnnot have different systems.

A representative from KONAMI has entered the toom and wants us to end the interview. I request to ask one more question. "If it is short", the answer is.

L7: When you play the computer the players in the player team make more mistakes then the opposition players. Is that a way for you to raise the difficulty level, or is it a problem with the game engine?
- What kind of mistakes?

L7: For example, the centre backs more often abandon or drift from their positions, and more often fails to mark a player properly.
- We don't use those kinds of tactics to raise the difficulty level, it is most likely settings in your way of playing or your tactics that are at fault.

We thank for the time we have been given, and exit the room to the next waiting gang of journalists. Now Seabass and Aki are delayed by 15 minutes and I try to not feel happy about the extra minutes we were given. But the question is if we are getting shorter interview times to avoid Seabass receiving too much criticism? Already last year he apologized for PES6. Now he basically continues to apologize and promises alot of improvements for next year. You can bet we will remember it for next time. Until then I will unfortunately be playing PES2008 alot. I just can't help myself, regardless of how dissapointed I am of KONAMI continuing to be cheap with resources and development.

(Painstakingly manually translated by Trance_Allstar for maximum clarity and accuracy. :))

EDIT: Already noticed WENB had this translated. Ohh well, I got to practice my translation skills... Always something... :)

Last edited:

Gamekult: Can we expect new functions in the Japanese Winning Eleven-version soon due for release?
- Yes, some small changes. Among other things, the AI will be different. But, we cannot continue this later since we expect to give you online gaming regardless of geographical location, and for that we caqnnot have different systems.

ok.november 22.(we2008)

Sorry i couldn't resist :lol:

xolhti.jpg

ab25b09844b2d0ef3186690rw0.jpg

edit : lol GeePee

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

@ GeePee :
how can you make smoke like this in photoshop ??

Last edited:

Trance_Allstar said:
- Level 7 Seabass Interview (Swedish translated) (You guys f*cking owe me for translating this huge block of text ;))

(Painstakingly manually translated by Trance_Allstar for maximum clarity and accuracy. :))

Nice job, Trance, another fun Saturday night in Sweden!

Seabass has changed since I met him last year. Now he is a more curly-haired man...he looks alot nicer.

:lol:

:lol:

L7: Last year we got a 360-version with very few functions. This year you give us an edit-function, and team vision functionality, that ought to have been in PES6. Do you really think that is enough? And can you promise us significantly more for PES2009?

Nice question! It actually has a cutting edge, dares to hint at criticism. Don't you Swedes know you're supposed to be wholly obsequious when speaking with Seabass?

Seabass must have been thinking "why you little b*stards, and to think I went and bought licenses for 3 or 4 crappy Swedish clubs that I'd never heard of just to keep you bunch of hairy vikings happy, this is the thanks I get?!"

L7: When you play the computer the players in the player team make more mistakes then the opposition players. Is that a way for you to raise the difficulty level, or is it a problem with the game engine?
- What kind of mistakes?

L7: For example, the centre backs more often abandon or drift from their positions, and more often fails to mark a player properly.

Seabass "What's this? More criticism! Aki, is it too late to repalce the Swedish teams with some Norwegian ones?"

- We don't use those kinds of tactics to raise the difficulty level, it is most likely settings in your way of playing or your tactics that are at fault.

Sure thing, Seabass, no cpu cheating in your game, right? :lol: I almost expected him to say "you just need to practise more".

thing is does seabass still have the motivation to improve pro evo further

does he still have that burning ambition to make the worlds greatest football game, i think he has become complacent and needs a fucking good bollock kicking to get him back on track

ok.november 22.(we2008)

I was not gona buy WE2008 but may now same with the J leasgue vesrsion next year. It was always gona happen with a month extra development

What happened to the TEAMVISION? Is that the vision he has when he plays PES smoked to death???

So we get the crappy AI and the japs get the fancy one? How nice!

What happened to the TEAMVISION? Is that the vision he has when he plays PES smoked to death???

So we get the crappy AI and the japs get the fancy one? How nice!

I wouldnt be so sure mate. He said there maybe few A.I changes, it doesnt mean Winning Eleven will be a huge difference. I am gonna get Winning Eleven anyway but I honestly don't think there will be huge changes.

BTW those sweds asked pretty tough questions and made some pretty bitter final remarks, it looks like there is also a spread out discontent among the press. Maybe those sweds don't have any fancy contacts within konami.

Level 7 Seabass Interview (Swedish translated) (You guys f*cking owe me for translating this huge block of text ;))

The PES2008-team promises improvement

There has been a single interview time before it's my turn. And yet we are 7 minutes late. The reason is that KONAMI have chosen to have only 15 minute interview lenghts. Considering the Head Producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka require an interpreter, it is very little time for an interview. Also accounting that we are in Sevilla for 4 days it is extremely little time. One of the reasons I sense even before I accompany a french reporter (who won the PES2008 competition) from Gamekult into the room.

Seabass and his constant right-hand man Aki Saito are sitting in chairs and immediately apologize for the short time we are given. I hand over the list of things I would like to see changed for PES2009. They thank me and politely ask if they can keep it. Seabass has changed since I met him last year. Now he is a more curly-haired man with more "outlandish" clothes. Perhaps he has spent lots of time with surfers, or maybe it is a small lifecrisis. Regardless he looks alot nicer.

L7: How many players can you play online for every format and will we see any downloadable updates like squad lists etc?
- Only 1vs1 on all formats. The reason is that we weren't happy with how it was done before. We want the game online to be as good, or atleast similarly, to what it is like online, so we have rebuilt large portions of the system. Therefor we didn't have the time to implement more than 1vs1. As for updates we have no current plans for it. We are admittedly weak regarding licenses and once we gain strenght in that area we can also work on the aspect of online updates.

Gamekult: If you had had the time, what would you have implemented in PES2008, and what will be included with the next version?
- I cannot reveal any game modes or details, but I have already decided several things. Once thing I can share however is that we are going to change the mentality of how we make the games. We cannot continue with hos is has been done in the past, so that will definitely change. We are not satisfied within the team, and we want to make you and the consumers happy.

L7: What exactly do you mean when you say "mentality"?
- It is how we create the game. We started creating PES with less than 10 persons over 10 years ago. In one way we are doing so still. If you look at other next-gen games from other developers such as Assassin's Creed or GTA4 they have teams of over 100 people that completes the games. But we cannot do that, because we still rely on the same core of 6 people in the team. It is a weak spot. It is at the same time positive because it retains the feeling of PES in the programming, but there are many disadvantages aswell. So we need to change the mentality and how we create the games.

Gamekult: In the first reviews of the game there were complaints of the speed/pace in the next-gen version. Could you not implement an option that allows you to choose the speed of the game, as in previous Winning Eleven games?
- It is a judgment call. For example on the PSOne we could raise the speed of the gameplay by lowering to 27-28 FPS and make it slower by raising to 32-33 FPS. But now we are constantly on 60 FPS and cannot use the same trick. We as developers would rather make the game in 30FPS, but it wouldn't be smooth enough. But we have absorbed the criticism.

- Yes, that I can promise you. Now we have finally the foundations for all next-gen platforms. We had alot of ideas, but couldn't change it between different platforms, so now we can concentrate on adding new functions.

A representative from KONAMI has entered the toom and wants us to end the interview. I request to ask one more question. "If it is short", the answer is.

- What kind of mistakes?

We thank for the time we have been given, and exit the room to the next waiting gang of journalists. Now Seabass and Aki are delayed by 15 minutes and I try to not feel happy about the extra minutes we were given. But the question is if we are getting shorter interview times to avoid Seabass receiving too much criticism? Already last year he apologized for PES6. Now he basically continues to apologize and promises alot of improvements for next year. You can bet we will remember it for next time. Until then I will unfortunately be playing PES2008 alot. I just can't help myself, regardless of how dissapointed I am of KONAMI continuing to be cheap with resources and development.

EDIT: Already noticed WENB had this translated. Ohh well, I got to practice my translation skills... Always something... :)

Thanks for all your efforts man :) 2009 looks much more promising according to Seabass. He's too confident about it. This part made me happy the most:

It is definitely a good thing he realises that ^

So come on own up, who has the 'centre backs wander all over the pace and don't defend properly' setting turned on.....

Thanks trance!

I'm confused now.
Do I buy the PAL one or the Jap one, or both?

PES for online, and WE for single and multiplayer I think.
I wouldn't be happy with just PES knowing there is an improved version.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTW the 2vs2 on line is not available for all the version or the pc will still have it? I actually really enjoyed playing 2vs2, got to know a lot of nice lads like that.

Will one be able to play online with WE2008 on a PAL PS3?

That picture is quality!

Jees I dont look on here for a few days and I come back and there is nothing but shit and drama on this thread! All because people have their opinions on the game. If you dont like someones opinion you dont have to read it.

Otherwise go elsewhere.

:) im sure it wil be better then PES(like always)

[Winning11 Blog] PES 2008 Focus: Ligue 1 Player Stats - Part 2 - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/pes-2008-focus-ligue-1-player-stats_14.html

It's 1wk 4days 6hrs 26mins 46secs till PES 2008:)

I hope the English language option in WE 2008 includes Player Names, in-game menus and instructions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom