WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

lazavas, i've never understood why the WENB-blog was considered a sort of bible...but if their contacts told them "lies"...it"s hardly their fault.

i think the players faces in pes2008 are spot on, fifa take note

lazavas, i've never understood why the WENB-blog was considered a sort of bible...but if their contacts told them "lies"...it"s hardly their fault.

yes and dont get me wrong, i agree with that, but tell me this, they were going on about how they have the inside word and that they cant reveal anymore because they had NDA i think it was, so it came across as being 100% right? thats what im saying, they made it SOUND like it was confirmed, mate thats all im saying, and now that blog dude runs off like a little girl because he is upset, oh cmon please.............im telling it as i see it, thats all, to me it looks like (and this will upset one or two people but i dont care to be honest) that they think we should be kissing their feet and they get off on being so bloody popular, how they get so many hits, dude who cares how many hits u get, theres sites on the internet that would blow the blog out of the water in terms of hits but they dont go on and on about it, do u think im wrong in what i am saying? if so tell me

can you edit the grass textures in the retail version?

read through the pages, but still not clear, conflicting reports... ??

Yes we heard a lot of thing from these contacts like "18 months in development", "this beauty in action" "prebeta early beta 83.457% complete" "huge editing" and every podcast confirmed the "PS3 main SKU version" etc, i wonder what the f... these PR people talk about. Nothing is worse than creating a big hype. Konami has always avoided that sort of EA things. Time to fire few deep throats SeaBass, we did appreciate your being honest right before the release.

Last edited:

I guess they are getting drunk in a pub waiting for the RWC semifinal against france.

Yes we heard a lot of thing from these contacts like "18 months in development", "this beauty in action" "prebeta early beta 83.457% complete" "huge editing" and every podcast confirmed the "PS3 main SKU version" etc, i wonder what the f... these PR people talk about. Nothing is worse than creating a big hype. Konami has always avoided that sort of EA things. Time to fire few deep throats SeaBass, we did appreciate your being honest right before the release.

exactly mate!

I remember when first screens were out and site was on fire, everybody was asking : Is this next gen ? , and someone said: My contact told wait till u see it in movement u will like fall on the floor or something, well I didnt , I am not angry on anyone and I dont blame anyone , but I must say I am dissapointed, someone was lying.

Everything seems to have slowed down.

See?! Just keep positive and you get what you want, but you have to be a bit patient ;)

Perhaps if everyone remains positive, they will do little to improve the game because nobody is complaining, as has been the case for the past few years. Perhaps it is the growing negative feeling from real people (not the fawning magazines) about PES6 and now the PES2008 demo that is making Seabass realise he needs to revolutionise his game.

This year, I've never been so unexcited by the release of a PES game. I've not played the demo (I'm a PS3 owner :lol:) but don't feel I'm missing out. I've not got the game on pre-order (for the first time ever).

The new CVG Seabass interview engenders hope, particularly the single sentence "Now I'm able to promise new things and a complete overhaul in every aspect". I would love to think that such a bold phrase suggests that Seabass recognises that, along with every other aspect of the game, his precious gameplay engine and control method is actually showing signs of being out-dated and needs as much of a revamp as eny other aspect of the game.

The best thing that could happen to this game is that full manual control (of players movements and of passes/shots) will be at the heart of any gameplay overhaul. If properly implemented, that would truly revolutionise the game and take it to where it needs to go.

No doubt 10v10 online is high on his list, but my hope is that recreating the ML as something that reflecst reality is very near the top of the agenda.

But at the moment, it is just grand words and I will wait until I see concrete evidence of what this promise of a "complete overhaul in every aspect" actually entails.

I would love to be completely positive about the game as it would suggest I felt it was really progressing but this year, it is not and negative feedback if fully justified and indeed absolutely essential.

u guys getting excited about pes2009? no wonder pro evo keeps selling, every fucking year they say things will change massively, but they dont, even those guys on one of the early podcasts said it would be "rebuilt from scratch" my fucking ass, what a waste of time, it should have been this year that we had that, not next year, pes6 was bad enough and everyone said oh well pes7 will be awesome, now konami are saying pes2009 will be the one, FUCK YOU KONAMI!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like you're talking about EA and FIFA mate :lol:

Why does that make it funny? We are the first to critizise EA for bullshitting when it comes to PR and most of us were sceptical about everything said about 08. Yet because its someone saying something about konami doing it its funny? Yet you are likely to be one of the first to complain about EA doing it. A hypocritical and ignorant post in one. Congratulations!

People really are childish on here nowadays.

Shame!

:(

yes and dont get me wrong, i agree with that, but tell me this, they were going on about how they have the inside word and that they cant reveal anymore because they had NDA i think it was, so it came across as being 100% right? thats what im saying, they made it SOUND like it was confirmed, mate thats all im saying, and now that blog dude runs off like a little girl because he is upset, oh cmon please.............im telling it as i see it, thats all, to me it looks like (and this will upset one or two people but i dont care to be honest) that they think we should be kissing their feet and they get off on being so bloody popular, how they get so many hits, dude who cares how many hits u get, theres sites on the internet that would blow the blog out of the water in terms of hits but they dont go on and on about it, do u think im wrong in what i am saying? if so tell me

They don't work for you so they owe you nothing.

I am surprised how disrespectful people is here... damn, I don't blame Adonis honestly...

Why does that make it funny? We are the first to critizise EA for bullshitting when it comes to PR and most of us were sceptical about everything said about 08. Yet because its someone saying something about konami doing it its funny? Yet you are likely to be one of the first to complain about EA doing it. A hypocritical and ignorant post in one. Congratulations!

Because PES is a fantastic game hence it doesn't need a massive over haul like EA claims every fucking year :lmao:

Who speaks Swedish overhere?
The Seabass-interview of Level7 is placed at their site, but, it's in Swedish... please a translation.
http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=152445

I do ...its mainly the usual questions ... but in one seabass says that one of their weak points is that its still the same 6 people that started pes... and these same people they still build the game foundations around ,which ofcourse have advantages but also lots of weak points
and he compares it with gta4 or assasins creed which have over a hundred people working with the game

And he also said that they cant continue like this
Erik also ask if there will be any diferences from the winning eleven version and seabass says yes preferable in the al but that they wont do this on other versions since they want the gamers from asia being able to compete online with alla others ... so in the future probably the same versions all over the world

Last edited:

Thanks, hopefully Level7 translates it for WENB, with who they made the questions for Seabass. I am curious which questions are selected and of course the answers.
BTW, no podcast on WENB still...

I can understand your cautioness but read again what he said here:
Seabass: For the game modes I understand that we haven't added many new game modes which is quite problematic for us, even within the team. But actually all the new modes which we are going to put in the game for next season are already finished
See what I mean? This is no pinch of salt, this is concrete! He can promise it, because it is already finished!"a complete overhaul" looks like it is not something old to put back...
It means you clean up with the old stuff and make new things...

I think he feels he has to be open now with the improved FIFA at the back of his mind... Looks like EA did PES-fans a big favor because Konami now feels they must show us they will improve things...

Han I take on board your hope that Seashanty is going to change things but all I see is the same things he always comes out with, he's said before the ML will be radically different and it never changed, new game modes could be playing as dogs in tutu's for all we know and as far as the Fifa aspect goes if he was worried about them making up ground how can he all ready have completed them??
You see promises I see spin, from a man worried about feedback that konami are getting about his yet to be released product... I hope I'm proved wrong and you are on here next year telling me so...:D

I do ...its mainly the usual questions ... but in one seabass says that one of their weak points is that its still the same 6 people that started pes... and these same people they still build the game foundations around ,which ofcourse have advantages but also lots of weak points
and he compares it with gta4 or assasins creed which have over a hundred people working with the game

And he also said that they cant continue like this
Erik also ask if there will be any diferences from the winning eleven version and seabass says yes preferable in the al but that they wont do this on other versions since they want the gamers from asia being able to compete online with alla others ... so in the future probably the same versions all over the world

I thought he had over a 100 Staff's ?

Thanks, hopefully Level7 translates it for WENB, with who they made the questions for Seabass. I am curious which questions are selected and of course the answers.
BTW, no podcast on WENB still...

They only got 15 minutes to ask questions =/ but erik did leave a list with lots of good questions and suggestions ... lets hope they didnt just throw it in the bin
But somehow i did get the impression that seabass was wery aware that people are crtical this year ... so hopefully it will be better although i do still belive i will have lots of fun with pes 2008 =)

They only got 15 minutes to ask questions =/ but erik did leave a list with lots of good questions and suggestions ... lets hope they didnt just throw it in the bin
But somehow i did get the impression that seabass was wery aware that people are crtical this year ... so hopefully it will be better although i do still belive i will have lots of fun with pes 2008 =)
So no wonder you rarely see really critical questions answered by Seabass. 15 minutes is very short. I don't see Seabass will do a lot with that list; he will be happy that he did not need to answer them ..

Its great that Seabass is saying PE2009 will have big changes but lets not get all excited and allow this to be some sort of justification or excuse for PE2008.

HaHA dude looks high like a m0F0
(BUT dont worry seabass i still like your game:))
ab25b09844b2d0ef3186690862be2bb6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom