WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

It is also likely that with the Wii success (especially in japan) they had to spend a lot of time and energy in making that version excellent. and from what i saw the wii version looks excellent.

And i am glad i haven't bought a ps3 to play pes this year, in a year time with the first real next gen pes 09 is gonna be cheaper (hopefully) and with few more decent games (hopefully again).
Yes, they planned to put the phantasia-mode in the game and I think that will be next year. Everything looks like they got problems underway ( the game was extremly late finished this year ).

Another interesting point was this:
Seabass: Well I'm satisfied in that in the time frame we had, we were able to finish the code and release it on time
Which means the game has finally gone gold! I bet it was yesterday, when they already sended the promo-copies to the press.

Don't forget, maybe would be a J-League release version for April like WE9 Asian Championship was (Clubs + National Teams).

Let's put it this way: pes5 was the best pes in the PS2 era, than we have a 2 year transition to next gen and pes09 is gonna be the beginning of the new king. I mean a painful transition but most likely necessary to experiment/getting to know the new console/ reading the feedback etc.

I agree, so it takes them 3 years to convert to a new console. That's just unforgivable.

By the time PES2009 comes out, the Xbox360 has been on the market for 3 years (of about 5 years in total?).

If pes 2009 turns out to be a fantastic new game I officially invite all the people i argued with to a japanese restaurant for a tempura and sake party......(or maybe u wanna get drunk in an irish pub and chase some chicks???)

Seabass plans radical overhaul for PES 2009 (computer and videogames)
Saturday 13-Oct-2007 11:48 AM Big changes on the cards for next year's version of the world's favourite footy game

We're currently sunning ourselves out in Seville, Spain at the Pro Evolution Soccer finals and after a triumphant clean sweep of the annual five-a-side journo tournament at the Olympic Stadium (defending team England's crown by winning every game and beating the Germans 1-0 in the final), we managed to sit down with Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka, PES's legendary Executive Producer to hear his thoughts on PES 2008 and his vision for the future of the series.

Although this season's version is now complete on PS3 and 360 and should be in your hands fairly shortly (and awesome it is too), Seabass hasn't been content to rest on his laurels and has already begun work on PES 2009, where he promises a 'complete overhaul' of the game in absolutely every respect.

A brand new series of gameplay modes for PES 2009 are apparently already complete and Seabass is also promising that there will be a series of 'crucial' changes to gameplay which will help him fulfil his vision for subsequent next gen versions of the game.

We've put together a big interview piece for you to peruse and fascinating stuff it is too for the hardcore PES afficianado, with Seabass revealing his thoughts on the new PS3 version, how the Online side of the series will develop, what impact the DualShock 3 has had on development and the thorny issue of integrating simulation (or diving to you and me) into the game.

Seabass also reveals his personal take on the great PS3 versus 360 controller debate and there's a wealth of facts and info to keep even the more hardcore PES fan satiated, so just hit this link to kick off after enjoying this fresh selection of screens from the game!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173678

Thanks WENB Team

Pot, Kettle , Black.

Jumping into an ongoing discussion with some "great" statement like you did isn't too intellegent, mate. Sorry if I somehow insulted you, was no intend, but next time read more carefully and don't talk to me like I'm some kind of PES fanboy who just told that anyone who criticizes PES should be banned.

Last edited:

Good luck Adonis, keep up the good work with the blog... Remember it's always the complainers that make all the noise... If someone's happy or content he's just as likely not to say anything.

Peace

If pes 2009 turns out to be a fantastic new game I officially invite all the people i argued with to a japanese restaurant for a tempura and sake party......(or maybe u wanna get drunk in an irish pub and chase some chicks???)
You can easily do that.... "a fantastic game" is very subjective and for everybody it's different ;)

I agree, so it takes them 3 years to convert to a new console. That's just unforgivable.

By the time PES2009 comes out, the Xbox360 has been on the market for 3 years (of about 5 years in total?).

Dont see how. EA have had about 3 release to get anywhere near Fifa 08. Road to world cup, Fifa 07, Uefa Champions League, 3 games before but obviously in a shorter time.

Its your opinion but next year as PES is yearly in Europe just shows they wil be using the PS3 as th lead SKU. Yea 360 has been out longer and has big install base(for now) but Japan dont like the machine & when its all said and done Konami are still a Japanese company first.

The Wii version seems to be where they will take PES2009, fine by me.

Also they will relase a J-League version next year as a sort of prequel to PES2009.

Cant wait

Last edited by a moderator:

Then you should have closed it....you know what i think about your responsability in all this....you just confirm what i said to you in a PM...

Close the thread so that someone else can start another and have the same shit continue? Point?

When you compare 360 and PS3 versions of PES, which do you think is the better version in terms of control?

Seabass: Well firstly there's absolutely no difference in terms of the code between the PS3 and 360 versions. If you're asking about the controller I can only give you my personal opinion. I am really bad at using the 360 controller and I make a lot more missed passes and mistakes using the 360 controller, so I like the PS3 controller more. However a lot of my friends prefer the 360 controller so it's really personal preference, but there's absolutely no difference in the code between the two versions.

classic! Now can all them people claiming the PS3 version will have extra features, better gameplay etc over 360 please stand up..

When you compare 360 and PS3 versions of PES, which do you think is the better version in terms of control?

Seabass: Well firstly there's absolutely no difference in terms of the code between the PS3 and 360 versions. If you're asking about the controller I can only give you my personal opinion. I am really bad at using the 360 controller and I make a lot more missed passes and mistakes using the 360 controller, so I like the PS3 controller more. However a lot of my friends prefer the 360 controller so it's really personal preference, but there's absolutely no difference in the code between the two versions.

classic! Now can all them people claiming the PS3 version will have extra features, better gameplay etc over 360 please stand up..
Complete nonsens! Everybody has his preferences in terms of controllers and he said it was HIS preferences. How else should he put it? He is entitled to have his preferences...

Complete nonsens! Everybody has his preferences in terms of controllers and he said it was HIS preferences. How else should he put it? He is entitled to have his preferences...

er i am not talking about the controller. I am talking about the code. for months certain people have been making big claims that the 360 version was gonna have worse graphics, less modes etc.

Seabass just confirmed it himself that both games are the same.

Yes, but you cannot make such a conclusion on base of what you quoted.

er i am not talking about the controller. I am talking about the code. for months certain people have been making big claims that the 360 version was gonna have worse graphics, less modes etc.

Seabass just confirmed it himself that both games are the same.

True yet in the same interview he says:

Seabass: Well I'm satisfied in that in the time frame we had, we were able to finish the code and release it on time, but that's only really within that time frame. When I look at the capacity of what the PS3 can do, I feel very strongly that there's loads of things that I wanted to do, but I couldn't do them in this version.

So who knows what maybe next year.

Hear your point tho.

On a side note why pay £40-£50 for it when its £29.99 on shopto.net??? PES2008 not worth £29.99??

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Gerd wants to see all the personal insults deleted rather than genuine points of discussion, and it's hard to disagree with that. Although honestly, I don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as people make out.

I've already explained to him that I'm bound to miss offensive posts here and there, so he needs to report them so that mods are notified.

the best things come to those who wait.

This is badger speak circa 5 months back.

You shall all join me.

You gotta hold on, to what we got,
doesnt make a difference if we make it or not
we've got each other and that's a lot for love

we'll give it a shot

woooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

I do hope there gonna make use of the rumble in pes2009,it would be nice if u shoot at the post or get a nasty tackle,and feel the rumble.

btw does anyone know if the sixaxis is used in pes2008?
like preforming throw-ins?

When I look at the capacity of what the PS3 can do, I feel very strongly that there's loads of things that I wanted to do, but I couldn't do them in this version.

The interview is good but I dont agree with this statement.

Those changes should be implemented THIS YEAR.

Well he said he had a time frame to work with. He does work for a company, if they say get it out by a certain time then he has to do it.

It seems he knows what he wants just has been gimped by those above in my opinion. Ea did the same thing with Fifa 07, now the modes match PS2 versions.

I will not forget that...i love japanese food...

u guys getting excited about pes2009? no wonder pro evo keeps selling, every fucking year they say things will change massively, but they dont, even those guys on one of the early podcasts said it would be "rebuilt from scratch" my fucking ass, what a waste of time, it should have been this year that we had that, not next year, pes6 was bad enough and everyone said oh well pes7 will be awesome, now konami are saying pes2009 will be the one, FUCK YOU KONAMI!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little doubtful over your experience in the computer game industry so I'ma gonna take Seabass' word over someone who thinks that a game should be perfect no matter what.

You are the epitome of THIS IS THE FIRST NEXT GEN GAME. WAIT PLEASE.

If the game was made how you want it then there would be no need for any more versions to be released.

u guys getting excited about pes2009? no wonder pro evo keeps selling, every fucking year they say things will change massively, but they dont, even those guys on one of the early podcasts said it would be "rebuilt from scratch" my fucking ass, what a waste of time, it should have been this year that we had that, not next year, pes6 was bad enough and everyone said oh well pes7 will be awesome, now konami are saying pes2009 will be the one, FUCK YOU KONAMI!!!!!!!!!!

Did Konami or Seabass ever say it would be rebuilt from scratch?

I am just stating the obvious here but they were rumours. EA did the exact same thing & look how Fifa 08 turned out. Seabass has just said the game will ahve alot more content & they are already working on it.

The J-League PS3 version will be a good indicaton to see what we will get. Thre is obviously tons more he wants to do with the game and the Wii version is obviously the first step.

Ful control of players is what we have all cried out for.

JB: Not really pointing to you about the 'insults'. However, laughing at ppl's work is one of them. Penguins are kind animals so don't bring them here :)

Anyway, yes Seabass said it's done and they're gonna change the whole thing bla bla bla. It's only a STATEMENT. Don't get tooooo excited. We're still waiting how bad PES 2008 is going to be.

Seabass plans radical overhaul for PES 2009 (computer and videogames)
Saturday 13-Oct-2007 11:48 AM Big changes on the cards for next year's version of the world's favourite footy game

We're currently sunning ourselves out in Seville, Spain at the Pro Evolution Soccer finals and after a triumphant clean sweep of the annual five-a-side journo tournament at the Olympic Stadium (defending team England's crown by winning every game and beating the Germans 1-0 in the final), we managed to sit down with Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka, PES's legendary Executive Producer to hear his thoughts on PES 2008 and his vision for the future of the series.

Although this season's version is now complete on PS3 and 360 and should be in your hands fairly shortly (and awesome it is too), Seabass hasn't been content to rest on his laurels and has already begun work on PES 2009, where he promises a 'complete overhaul' of the game in absolutely every respect.

A brand new series of gameplay modes for PES 2009 are apparently already complete and Seabass is also promising that there will be a series of 'crucial' changes to gameplay which will help him fulfil his vision for subsequent next gen versions of the game.

We've put together a big interview piece for you to peruse and fascinating stuff it is too for the hardcore PES afficianado, with Seabass revealing his thoughts on the new PS3 version, how the Online side of the series will develop, what impact the DualShock 3 has had on development and the thorny issue of integrating simulation (or diving to you and me) into the game.

Seabass also reveals his personal take on the great PS3 versus 360 controller debate and there's a wealth of facts and info to keep even the more hardcore PES fan satiated, so just hit this link to kick off after enjoying this fresh selection of screens from the game!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173678

Thanks WENB Team

This is all I've wanted to hear since the next gen consoles were released. Now let's hope Konami can finally produce a next gen footy title.

Did Konami or Seabass ever say it would be rebuilt from scratch?

I am just stating the obvious here but they were rumours. EA did the exact same thing & look how Fifa 08 turned out. Seabass has just said the game will ahve alot more content & they are already working on it.

The J-League PS3 version will be a good indicaton to see what we will get. Thre is obviously tons more he wants to do with the game and the Wii version is obviously the first step.

Ful control of players is what we have all cried out for.

look i understand what u are saying, and yes u are right, my point is why the hell do the guys on the blog say that the game is being rebuilt from scratch when it isnt? i started off listening to them and i liked what i heard, then i see the demo and im thinking what the fuck? its all bullshit, then u have other wankers saying that their "contacts" were telling them this and that, where are ya contacts now lads? the word "contacts" seemed to be word of the day bout a month ago, now no one says it, u try and tell me that what i just said is wrong, and i will answer back honestly, i dont think im having a go, i think everything i have said is fact

look i understand what u are saying, and yes u are right, my point is why the hell do the guys on the blog say that the game is being rebuilt from scratch when it isnt? i started off listening to them and i liked what i heard, then i see the demo and im thinking what the fuck? its all bullshit, then u have other wankers saying that their "contacts" were telling them this and that, where are ya contacts now lads? the word "contacts" seemed to be word of the day bout a month ago, now no one says it, u try and tell me that what i just said is wrong, and i will answer back honestly, i dont think im having a go, i think everything i have said is fact

Very true mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom