WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I still did not see all these insults. Saying to someone that he is biased or too indulgent towards konami or that we have been provided with information from sources that turned out not to be correct (huge editing, ps3 main version) is not insulting, like syaing "go play fifa" or "whiners" isn't insulting. Most of time the posts have been "you guys are doing a great job but lazy konami bla bla bla". Just people take it too personally.

This is the Next-Gen discussions thread. Not the "PES Next-Gen praise thread".

All I've done is discuss what I feel about PES2008, judging from videos and the Demo. And discussion without examples and critisicm can't really be called a dicussion in my humble opinion.

No disrespect intended. :)

Don't bother even answering to those poor souls, you won't get nothing but lot's of abuse in return.

It must just be me, I love this thread it's always worth a look if not just for the bitching sometimes, I feel sorry if anybody takes offence or to heart what some people post on here, sure sometimes I think some people go a bit too far and sometimes feel the need to point this out but you can post your opinion and then just get on with it. I'd hate this place to end up like too many other over moderated forums out there, they tend to be so soulless.

It's strange to think a computer game can produce such emotions and as said before getting back on topic, It seems there is a lot of bad feeling towards Konamis effort this time round, will be interesting to see how this sells, or more importantly given it will sell by the bucket load, lets be honest, what the feedback will be from everyone.

It's strange to think a computer game can produce such emotions and as said before getting back on topic, It seems there is a lot of bad feeling towards Konamis effort this time round, will be interesting to see how this sells, or more importantly given it will sell by the bucket load, lets be honest, what the feedback will be from everyone.
Check out Snoop's Will You Be Buying PES2008 thread. Looks like the game will still sell truckloads. :mryellow:

of course it is gonna sell millions, most popular sport on earth, best football game for at least a decade, tons of formats (old gen, new gen portable mob phone), new markets opening up. That's the problem most likely, with such a wide production and markets they most likely don't have enough time to make structural changes.

This thread went tits up 500 pages ago...

Then you should have closed it....you know what i think about your responsability in all this....you just confirm what i said to you in a PM...

Then you should have closed it....you know what i think about your responsability in all this....you just confirm what i said to you in a PM...

I disagree, freedom of "forum expression" as long as it does not overcome certain lmitis. Keeps the forum alive and does not make it become a politically correct dry non sense "praise konami or shut up" community.

I think Gerd wants to see all the personal insults deleted rather than genuine points of discussion, and it's hard to disagree with that. Although honestly, I don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as people make out.

I still did not see all these insults.

gerdish fanboyism ????

And jack, you know that i like you...but now you are not very fair.
I personally congratulated you on your FIFA-blog.
I even gave you the credits for me buying FIFA and enjoying it hugely.
But i'm very sorry to say that you are probably the last person who has the right to complain about the bitching in this thread. In one of the PM's i sent you i made you proposition to try and stop the bitching and help me with it. Basically i would point out to the "PES-fans" when they overstepped a certain boundary and you would do the same with the FIFA-fans. You refused...
I'm sorry to bring up PM's in this thread, but a minimum of fair play seems required to me.

I agree with the people who suggest to close this thread.

edit: i wrote this before reading jack's last post....it's only fait that i don't change anything...now everybody can see that i should have shut up...

I think we should all calm down and enjoy a cup of tea. :)

ladies13.jpg

I must admit I'll loan it first as all the other games I've tried for the PS3 have been pants, I know it's early days for the next gen stuff but most have just felt like PS2 stuff..

Why close the thread?? If you don't like the content don't come in the thread, It has been hijacked by the latest bout of people leaving etc, but it was serving a purpose.

Gerd, I don't think this thread should be closed. There are many intellegent guys in here like Trance or you, but it's more about banning or warning some particular users.

Why close the thread?? If you don't like the content don't come in the thread, It has been hijacked by the latest bout of people leaving etc, but it was serving a purpose.

I agree.

This thread is very childish, I can determine the averge age of some of the members who post in here by just reading some of their comments. Most of the "fifa fanny boys" here have been members of Evo-Web since the beginning of time. Between us all we must have spent £1,000s on Konami's WE/PES titles every year. With the recent PES 2008 demos, videos and news most of us hardened PES fanatics can see that is going down the same avenue that PES6 on the 360 did i.e. lack of features, gameplay looks too fast etc. Basically, just a lack of general hard work. We are becoming sick of Konami's promises and half-arsed attempts at making the perfect "next gen" football game. Forums are for DEBATE and DISCUSSION. This is what has happened in this thread but certain members WILL NOT face the harsh truth.

As for the members who say "I am going, I can't handle this." All I can say is GROW UP. It's an internet forum, not a long-term relationship with a wife of 11 years who has just cheated on you. Get a reality check - there are civil wars on our doorstep and people walking into tube stations wearing bombs.

THIS IS JUST A VIDEO GAME.

Gerd, I don't think this thread should be closed. There are many intellegent guys in here like Trance or you, but it's more about banning or warning some particular users.

For what?

Criticising the beloved PES.

Come on give me a break.

Well done all you FIFA boys you managed to pretty much kill off this thread with your 'opinion'.

It was not cool the way you lot climbed into the pics and info that people brought.

By the way I dont want another FIFA I want PES.
But I wouldnt expect less from people who probably sit infront of their pc's sniggering.

Anyway I'm off, not that it matters because I apparently am a '13 year old boy
who played evo yesterday for the first time'

seriously this is what we are all referring to, stupid comments that get people's backs up and then it's all off again

just engage before you type

I'm sad seeing WENB people leave this thread, but I don't share this decision at all.
As Trance and someone else has said this shouldn't be a praise PES thread, THIS would has been really sad.

Welcome to constructive and comparative criticism in posting our opinion.

Probably Adam & C. reveived personal insults and this isn't acceptable, I agree. From me they never got any personal crticism at all, they got gratitude rather.

But who can't accept critcism to the game and is only able to talk about the pros of the game in a strongly biased way they are not really bringing value to this thread IMO.

I read daily this thread and appreciate in depth criticism I found sometimes and I found it very valuable.

Last edited:

Adonis, Adam, Guys from the forum:

ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.

Last edited:

i knew lennon wrote "give peace a chance" with evo-web in mind, he was so ahead of his time...now that's a legend!!

have to admit it's getting better

a little better all the time (can't get no worse)

Last edited:

For the constantly disheartened at the lack of changes in PES (like myself), read these articles.

Fuck me, are things about to change?

celebrate.jpg

That is GREAT news. Pity we have to wait ANOTHER year but as they say; the best things come to those who wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom