WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

even if nakamura pops out of your screen while you play to explain to you the moves and dribbling im sure you will still be complaining to him for seabass

See so it has finally resulted in using their constructive criticism to get rid of one of our best members, 2 atleast with elite, I havent even seen TG here for some time, maybe in another thread who knows. BUt to say its constructive criticism is just a way to save yourselfs, how is calling TG a fanboy for PES and PS3 constructive.

Look at all of you lot slating one bad facial picture in PES? What is the deal with that, go on Fifa Saints alone, not one player is spot on, wrong hair stlyles, colours, loads, but does that get picked up on.

The kits I thought were great, albeit the 2 stripes, but would do for me, thecolours I just thought you can edit them so they look closer.

But anyway Adam thank you very much for your contribution and keep up the good work. Hopefully we can play online aswell, im pretty sure I can with you anyway, seeing as I will have 3 PES2008's probably haha. :D

Agree on this completely!

:|

It will be sad to see Adonis and co. go. I do think there's been a bit too much overreaction in this thread, from the people pointing out every single flaw with the game, to the people who blindly defend it.

Leaving here won't stop you from reading negative things though. After all, people who complain are a lot more vocal than the people who buy PES and have hours of fun with their friends.

Best of luck Ad, but I must say that I don't agree with your reasons for leaving, to me it seems like you and the rest of the Konami E-Team, simply can not handle the fact that PES2008 is not generating the love you expected it to have. Yes there have been some outlandish comments but I have seen some constructive posts here too, just as I have seen both spectrum of thoughts on your blog. As for these ''legends'' such as TG, his stock has gone down in my eyes, wile he USED to be an objective poster he has degenerated into a PES Stanley who has contributed his fair share of unproducive posts, so no tears for him.

Best of luck, will keep up with the blog.

Last edited:

The guys will probably go back when the game's out. Until then, this forum's almost dead :(

Thanks alot you guys for the 'constructive' comments. Laughing at their Bad-looking patched kits? THOSE WERE THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT (when the game isn't out yet)! Screw those criticism, they were complete insults.

It is a pity to read comments bashing PES but honestly they do not matter. What I consider untolerable is to bash WENB and Adonis/Suffwan, talking about the blog is biased and kind of Konami PR machine... please get a life...

And Adonis, hope you don't take personal or offensive the response to one post you made it here. I was criticing what Konami is doing WRONG. That is not fault, I have never bashed the blog (and will never do) because, at least for me, is the best thing that has happened to PES lovers after Evo Web and DKZ forums have been created. Keep up the good work and you know that here most of us support the blog and all the team, including you of course.

this is the most melodramatic thread ive ever read.

hahhaha, i agree, grow some balls lads, u sound like a bunch of fucking girls, so what if this adam guy has gone? good luck to him, stop crying

It is sad to see a great member like you, Adonis, leave, but I respect your decision. I have never been disrespectful to you nor any member gathering information for this forum. I really appreciate what you have done for all of us, even if there were things I didn't like, I still appreciate what you have done, and for that I thank you. I won't hold you back from leaving, and nobody in this forum should either, it is your decision and we should all respect it, and it is truly the least you can do for all the lack of respect you have gotten from members in this forum.

I want to thank you once again, and wish you good luck on whatever you will be doing. You have done your job, and you have done it right.

Thanks, and take care!

It is sad to see a great member like you, Adonis, leave, but I respect your decision. I have never been disrespectful to you nor any member gathering information for this forum. I really appreciate what you have done for all of us, even if there were things I didn't like, I still appreciate what you have done, and for that I thank you. I won't hold you back from leaving, and nobody in this forum should either, it is your decision and we should all respect it, and it is truly the least you can do for all the lack of respect you have gotten from members in this forum.

I want to thank you once again, and wish you good luck on whatever you will be doing. You have done your job, and you have done it right.

Thanks, and take care!

oh please................

oh please................

People do this because they love the "real contributors" like him, being able to talk directly to those who have direct access to the game and is approachable. Not everyone is like you okay? Keep up the good work Adonis! :applause:

100% support Adonis.

You gave up a lot of your time to deliver news to us.

I thank you Adonis.

And Eid Mubarak.

iv'e been a member for years now, and can't believe how some people over react to abit of bad press

i like fifa but i think the most of the players look pretty bad close up, but i won't close my evo-web a/c over it

A lot of critisism is constructive, I made a pretty long post a few pages back explaining where and why the critisism has came to light now. People are annoyed with getting shafted year and year and enough is enough now. We've paid a lot of money for a next-gen system and PES isn't showing much at all in the way of using it's power. I could see PES 2008 comfortably being played on a standard XBox.

Konami have gotten slack and lazy, that's the main point. I've said before that we're all here because we loved PES. We're not ripping PES 2008 because we're fanboys, it's because one of our favourite games has been going downhill for some time and that slide needs to stop. And unless people stop pretending like nothing's wrong and it's still the game they want, then Seabass will continue to shovel the same game out year after year with only a few improvements just to say they added SOMETHING. This year a child in the crowd and a dog. Next year a fish as a linesman and a panda as a referee. It's not good enough and we expect more for sticking with PES over the many years.

It's bad to see people leave the forum but if it sends a message to Konami to get their act together then it's worth it. Adonis should tell Konami the reason he left this board. Maybe then Konami will visit the board and see the critisism aimed at them and realise they're short-changing us.

Dont leave the forum mate most of it is just a bit of banter to be honest.

The majority are disapointed In what they are seeing regarding PES this year.

But nobody is criticising your hard work and effort from what I can see.

Regarding the kits. I think people are more having a go at Seabass and his decision to yet again add a very limited edit Mode, not your work on editing them.

Anyhow all the best.

And If people think that I am one of the members who has made people leave the forum then they need a reality check.

exactly mate, i never come on to a forum to get involved in a slanging match i could save that for the wife!

but like previously iv'e made valid points regarding pro evo, i get alot of childish comments back about being a fifa fanboy??? whatever that means

The guys create a new blog, they use EvoWeb to get popularity and right when they are about to get the killer "review code" which is gonna bring even more people to their blog they decide to leave EvoWeb and not share their information. Nothing wrong with it but at least don't come up with the story that this forum is getting downhill.

Konami is a corporate company selling a product for profit, not a charity agency working for free for an ideal. I understand the market evolved and now they have to release tons of formats for tons of countries/languages and they have the same time and so they give us less and less content, less and less innnovation more and more EAish PR crap.
But don't give us all this BS about the forum, this is still a great place to share opinions.

co-sign

I view this thread everyday, and all i read is pages and pages of people moaning and groaning about PES2008, you haven't even played the game yet ffs!!

I know Konami annoy allot of people with the smallest things, like no badge editing, lack of stadiums etc.. but you and i KNOW the gameplay will be tremendous.

Ive always said appearance is just as important as gameplay... the photo/image import thing Konami have given us this year looks mint, the kits PC Action made looked great and its obvious they rushed them just to show us and example, so stop moaning!

The guys create a new blog, they use EvoWeb to get popularity and right when they are about to get the killer "review code" which is gonna bring even more people to their blog they decide to leave EvoWeb and not share their information. Nothing wrong with it but at least don't come up with the story that this forum is getting downhill.

Konami is a corporate company selling a product for profit, not a charity agency working for free for an ideal. I understand the market evolved and now they have to release tons of formats for tons of countries/languages and they have the same time and so they give us less and less content, less and less innnovation more and more EAish PR crap.
But don't give us all this BS about the forum, this is still a great place to share opinions.

100% Agree with that.

And saying "Ive had enough I'm leaving the forum" is a bit like spitting your dummy out to be fair.

And It is as if you want everybody to beg for you to come back, so you can just feel good about it, like this forum is all about you and a few othe rmembers "Who set it up".

The forum is about differing opinions, and everybody is entitled to post what they want as long as it is within the code of conduct obviousley.

If everybody agreed on everything there would be no debate and no forum.

Last edited:

IMHO the forum is going downhill.
The reason: bad modding in this thread...i just told you so sxfuzz in my reaction to your PM...
All this thread needs is a good mod like Kez...somebody who is not afraid to take unpopular decisions.
It is not wrong to criticize Konami with arguments (one fantastic example: trance allstar...i respect his opinion enormously)like most people do. But there are people who come here for other reasons...

I've never cared about what's said about a bloody stupid video game...i've always stated that there is a serious lack of respect for other's people's opinions. Now well respected and valuable people are leaving, this is a big loss for this community.

Adonis, to be honest, i seldom go to your blog, but i wish you good luck and i hope to "see" again on this forum, because you seem a nice guy to me...

Actually reminds me of when we were kids playing in the park and the one who brought the ball got pissed off because he was losing and decided to leave with the ball. Very mature.

my brother is in afghanistan with the british army on the front line, that is real life

this is a fucking computer game so get a grip for fucks sake, and engage your brain before spitting your toys out of your pram and giving people "legendary" status for talking about a football game

IMHO the forum is going downhill.

The reason: bad modding in this thread...i just told you so sxfuzz in my reaction to your PM...

All this thread needs is a good mod like Kez...somebody who is not afraid to take unpopular decisions.

It is not wrong to criticize Konami with arguments (one fantastic example: trance allstar...i respect his opinion enormously)like most people do. But there are people who come here for other reasons...

I've never cared about what's said about a bloody stupid video game...i've always stated that there is a serious lack of respect for other's people's opinions. Now well respected and valuable people are leaving, this is a big loss for this community.

Adonis, to be honest, i seldom go to your blog, but i wish you good luck and i hope to "see" again on this forum, because you seem a nice guy to me...
Yes, of course this forum is going downhil! Of course the people who have contributed most to that will never admit it. People who critisize for the sake of critisizing, not because it is usefull. In fact, 'critisizing' is not the right word when done on this major scale. Then it is bitching. Even when such a great member as Adonis leaves the forum people do still not blame themself; they just go on and Charlievolano was the saddest example of that in post 16068: He represents the downfall of this forum, together with others who bitch all the time.
It is sad, really sad. :(

Last edited:

Actually reminds me of when we were kids playing in the park and the one who brought the ball got pissed off because he was losing and decided to leave with the ball. Very mature.

You and i will never become friends i guess, but that doesn't matter.
All i want to say is that you're so wrong with that assumption.
Not everybody is as outspoken as you (and maybe me...because i'm not without mistakes too).
Remember one thing: it's not because you are shouting loadest that you are right (don't take it personally, this isn't about you...it's in general...). Don't forget that there are people who are less fluent but still can be right. What about the non native English speakers??? Some of the people who are leaving now are Dutch or Belgian...i've just been reading Billy Bragg's last book about what "English" is and what it means for one's opinions on other people...lots of people here should read it and learn from it...

PS: i am not saying that there are racist people in this thread...

Pathetic Han, pathetic that you believe that you have blame someone because a member with his own blog decide not to share its information after his blog popularity grew because of this forum.

and giving people "legendary" status for talking about a football game

Taking everything literally can also be considered as bitching...i'm not saying that's your intention. But this is a fine example how misunderstandings can occur...

You have the ability to critiszize others. If you was only 10% critical at yourself, it would help a lot.

Yes, of course this forum is going downhil! Of course the people who have contributed most to that will never admit it. People who critisize for the sake of critisizing, not because it is usefull. In fact, 'critisizing' is not the right word when done on this major scale. Then it is bitching. Even when such a great mamber as Adonis leaves the forum people do still not blame themself; they just go on and Charlievolano was the saddest example of that in post 16068: He represents the downfall of this forum, together with others who bitch all the time.
It is sad, really sad. :(

This forum is going downhill, not because of people bitching and whining, but simply because people just cannot respect other people's opinions. You might call it bitching or whatever, but most people here are stating the obvious, the mere fact that Konami have done nothing in the past few years to improve the game. What are we to get by bitching about a game that we all loved, and the reason why we came here?

People might say it's all about gameplay, but then you can get great gameplay on a PS1. On this day and age of next gen consoles, I am not ready to believe that gameplay is everything (and there is nothing yet to say that the gameplay is going to 'amazing' as so many people assume). So many people just diss down FIFA 08 in the other thread, but nobody really makes an issue out of that? Then why here? This is a forum, and everybody can say whatever they want about the game as long as they stay in their limits.

People have just made a huge issue about all this. At the end of the day, it's a game, and this a forum, and people shouldn't take anything said here personally and get offended.

A lot of people are really over-reacting. Like people have said, it's a video game. And people are shedding tears because someone leaves? Are your lives that messed up that you get so upset when someone says they're not coming to a forum anymore? Do you rely on this forum so much? Get a grip, people getting all emotional now saying "LOOK WHAT YOU DID NOW! YOU MADE HIM LEAVE! I HATE YOU!", crazy. It really says a lot when people take forums so seriously.

Danhammer is right, there's more important things to think about. Like his brother. Some people ... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom