WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

My cousin, Fifa 07 fan, doesnt like Fifa 08 at all (probably as I beat him).

My mates mostly PES fan, dislike it aswell, also one mate a Fifa 07 fan aswell, didnt like 08 on the 360, he played 07 on ps2 mind you.

So PES has to be doing something right? All of us are hyped for the release, atleast the PS2 one, and the tourny november the 14th at GOALS, ranked nationally haha. Should be amazing, we got our own tourny set up aswell, the alphabet challenge :D

Funny think I have seen so far is, people complaining about that they cant edit, edit mode is crap, the face import should be good, then as soon as they show the kit thing, its crap, even though it was orignally just for the sponsor adding, as a funtion just for that, I reckon its great, its not there to fix the kits, that is Konamis main fualt, the lack of good templates etc.

Also those complaining about the gameplay, fair enough going by your own selfish ways, because you dont like the game, what about the ones that do? Do they still HAVE to join in and bash Konami?

no changes on the release date? because i saw at pesfan forum that a guy says the game is delayed, thats why the demo hasn't come out for the ps3, i think that it might be a joke, but you guys know more than me about that.

sorry about my english.

- Plan M finds more fun bashing PES, that playing FIFA
- Plan M works for EA

l_bd6aa3c295920431994c9dc2be30119c.jpg

Why not make a funny one?

If you take 2 people that have never played either Fifa of PES then I'd guarantee you that they'd prefer PES any day of the week.

It's all well and good wanting to try something new, but football games are where they are now thanks to a decade of innovative, addictive and brilliant gameplay (edit: from PES of course)

Fifa has been playing catch up from day 1. Even now when the reviews come in you'll see that it's still not a match for PES.

If you lot want to go and play Fifa then great, but they've shown no evidence as of yet that they can catch the essence of what Pro Evo is all about.

Pro Evo has had some unbelievable games, absolutely pant messingly good ones. Fifa had the 1998 Road to the World Cup game.

Pro Evo will forever be the game that blows my socks round the world whilst Fifa has only ever crumpled them slightly.

serious words here guys

Last edited:

fifa 08 must be a boring game,so short after release the people who hyped it so much are in we/PES thread being a nuisance ,why are the waisting there time on a game they dont like?

If you take 2 people that have never played either Fifa of PES then I'd guarantee you that they'd prefer PES any day of the week.

It's all well and good wanting to try something new, but football games are where they are now thanks to a decade of innovative, addictive and brilliant gameplay.

Fifa has been playing catch up from day 1. Even now when the reviews come in you'll see that it's still not a match for PES.

If you lot want to go and play Fifa then great, but they've shown no evidence as of yet that they can catch the essence of what Pro Evo is all about.

Pro Evo has had some unbelievable games, absolutely pant messingly good ones. Fifa had the 1998 Road to the World Cup game.

Pro Evo will forever be the game that blows my socks round the world whilst Fifa has only ever crumpled them slightly.

serious words here guys

:applause::applause: I agree with you. :applause::applause:

PS: WTF??? Badgerman talking serious??? O_o

Agree with the last posts... pes gameplay is and have always been magic ....no other game comes close to get me nervous and all worked up in a tense match
And Fifa never give me this feeling.... not even the so much hyped new version ,which i borrowed from a friend and played over a weekend .
The game wasent awful but it certaninly just felt like a wery boring pes lookalike...and i will not put it in my ps3 nomore

Last edited:

fifa 08 must be a boring game,so short after release the people who hyped it so much are in we/PES thread being a nuisance ,why are the waisting there time on a game they dont like?

exactly, u said it all.

I just downloaded the PES demo by creating a UK account here in the US and let me tell you... I know its faster and may seem more arcadey to some people, but the graphics are top notch, the presentation especially after goals is lifelike, and the gameplay blew me away. I think the monotony of FIFA 08 that some people have been complaining of who own it is certainly true from the demo, even though the gameplay and animations are as lifelike as possible. I just think that there is an excitement in PES 08 that FIFA doesn't give me. Just my thoughts. The faces, player models, and shading on the models are all scary good and puts FIFA to shame. :D

I only know that PES2008 demo is boring and arcadeish. I prefer PES6 at all.
And this isn't a good thing, especially if you consider that PES6 isn't outstanding game.

LOL!

ok then. Fifa is great, people who find it boring are people who cant play it, or havent got the will to learn to play it.

Ill give pes a chance when i buy the full retail version, but no one can seriously be pleased with the demo, its dreadful and the graphics are definetely its weaker side along with the weird running animations and canonball physics.

Cannonball physics? so all the players have cannons for feet? Or do you mean the ball has to be propelled by gun powder? :D

fernandopes2008xrealdu6.jpg

These two guys are, suposely, the same: Fernandão, from Internacional Sport Clube (Brazil). :lmao::lmao:
Konami, you make me laugh... :lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

I just downloaded the PES demo by creating a UK account here in the US and let me tell you... I know its faster and may seem more arcadey to some people, but the graphics are top notch, the presentation especially after goals is lifelike, and the gameplay blew me away. I think the monotony of FIFA 08 that some people have been complaining of who own it is certainly true from the demo, even though the gameplay and animations are as lifelike as possible. I just think that there is an excitement in PES 08 that FIFA doesn't give me. Just my thoughts. The faces, player models, and shading on the models are all scary good and puts FIFA to shame. :D

its not on the uk psn???

fernandopes2008xrealdu6.jpg

These two guys are, suposely, the same: Fernandão, from Internacional Sport Clube (Brazil). :lmao::lmao:
Konami, you make me laugh... :lmao::lmao:
No, surely not? That must be a mistake. The faces are one of the few things that has really impressed me.

He obviously means XBOX 360.

damien.

Interesting definition :) I agree.

Only thing I save on the PES2008 demo is that the ball is less sticky

I agree. PES6 had beach ball feelings for the ball, there was no "oompf" of anything, just a ball "hovering" about.

Now, they made the physics feel heavier, but again they've taken it too far IMO. The ball doesn't really bounce at all when you pass it around, even for really hard groundpasses. It just looks like a 2kg leather ball from 1850 is rolling around.

As for FIFA, one thing I won't forgive them on is the Freekicks. The recipe is:

- 1 Shotgauge
- Spin (top, back, side)

Yeah, really conveys the nuances doesn't it. There is seemingly no way to alter the initial trajectory (like you can do in real life by shaping your foot to get slightly more foot under the ball, or by adjusting yourself in relation to the ball, so you move slightly forward or backwards in relation to the ball, which means you can hit the ball slightly earlier or slightly later in the leg-pendulum movement).

FIFA Freekicks get old after about 2 minutes. Atleast PES has the Y, A up and down buttons for modifying the initial ball trajectory angle off the ground.

Last edited:

No, surely not? That must be a mistake. The faces are one of the few things that has really impressed me.

Jack, you can see the PES 2008 Fernandão here: http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=616915&entity_id=-1&image_id=712073&page=26

And the real world Fernandão here: http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina.php?modulo=3&setor=25&secao=26&subsecao=&codigo=52&categoria=7

Oh yeah, it was a mistake. But a mistake from Konami. :D

I agree. PES6 had beach ball feelings for the ball, there was no "oompf" of anything, just a ball "hovering" about.

Now, they made the physics feel heavier, but again they've taken it too far IMO. The ball doesn't really bounce at all when you pass it around, even for really hard groundpasses. It just looks like a 2kg leather ball from 1850 is rolling around.

As for FIFA, one thing I won't forgive them on is the Freekicks. The recipe is:

- 1 Shotgauge
- Spin (top, back, side)

Yeah, really conveys the nuances doesn't it. There is seemingly no way to alter the initial trajectory (like you can do in real life by shaping your foot to get slightly more foot under the ball, or by adjusting yourself in relation to the ball, so you move slightly forward or backwards in relation to the ball, which means you can hit the ball slightly earlier or slightly later in the leg-pendulum movement).

FIFA Freekicks get old after about 2 minutes. Atleast PES has the Y, A up and down buttons for modifying the initial ball trajectory angle off the ground.

say what? since when could you modify the ball trajectory in PES?

there are some real PES haters here....think they dont belong here ,and if some of you realy enjoy Fifa08,then go wright a book about it or something but dont come here and bash PES2008,its to soon for that cuz non of yah f*ckers played the retail version yet....and its al about the gameplay.
And so far the kitt editing is not that bad, it could be wors.
But PES wil remain al about the gameplay.Even al the real top football players play PES,simply because it has a good realism of the game.

52 inch HDTV for 1000 quid? The quality would be terrible for that price!

PES had realism but it is gone, that's why we took a critical attitude. If u keep thinking it is realistic good for you.

In the end for me IT IS ABOUT GAMEPLAY. I have Fifa 08 and despite it having a few niggles I am really like it. As for PES if the gameplay is upto the usual quality then TBH I don't care about the crowds, editing or anything else because I know this time next year I will still be playing irt.

Still can't get over the running animations. At least on PES6 when you hit the R2 knock ahead move you're player looked like he was accelerating and really busting a gut to get onto the end of it but you just don't get that sense anymore.

I just don't feel my players are explosive. You get a hold of Messi and beat one man, you then expect him to glide away with pace but he just hustles along the ground with no endeavor or nothing. Worst part of the game for me so far

They should really be using motion capture or something by now

its to soon for that cuz non of yah f*ckers played the retail version yet....and its al about the gameplay.

Get back to playing Pong and stop wasting your time on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom