WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I actually prefer this to PES. In FIFA you need to always be 0.5 to 1 seconds ahead, just like in real life. If you want to make a first time pass, you need to prepare early so that you angle your body correctly and have time to actually kick the ball, and that preparation usually takes a small amount of time.

PES bypasses this by making players able to kick the ball even though they in real life wouldn't have had the time to pull back their leg and do the leg movements necessary.

It all depends on what you prefer for a game obviously, but I prefer the realistic approach where you always need to prepare early when you want to do something. It adds even more challenge to the gameplay.

I disagree completely.

In PES you prepare yourself by using your stick. You move your player into the best position and angle to make a good touch on the ball. You press the pass button when you want to start the motion to kick the ball. PES has got this spot on. The timing feels just like when I play real football (which I do a couple of times a week).

So what about thight situations where you fight for the ball, or you are surrounded by other players? How can you think ahead for 1 second. You can't! You need full control of your player. You just need to feel you are in that situation yourself, and play by reaction and quick thinking. You can't quick-think 1 second ahead, when you don't know what happens during that second.

It's not difficult for a real player to do a millisecond pass in real life. To time a pass JUST before the opponent reach it. To play with small margins and high risk. This is impossible with FIFA.

Think-ahead-football just makes slow safe-pass tactical football with bad close control and random outcomes of thight duels. Doesn't sound very realistic to me. It wont get your adrenaline pumping. It's like just telling your players what to do instead of doing it yourself.

In PES I feel like I AM the player. In FIFA I feel like I'm trying to tell him what to do.

FIFA might look allright when looking at the full picture, but when going into detail with 1 player, it just stinks.

I disagree completely.

In PES you prepare yourself by using your stick. You move your player into the best position and angle to make a good touch on the ball. You press the pass button when you want to start the motion to kick the ball. PES has got this spot on. The timing feels just like when I play real football (which I do a couple of times a week).

So what about thight situations where you fight for the ball, or you are surrounded by other players? How can you think ahead for 1 second. You can't! You need full control of your player. You just need to feel you are in that situation yourself, and play by reaction and quick thinking. You can't quick-think 1 second ahead, when you don't know what happens during that second.

It's not difficult for a real player to do a millisecond pass in real life. To time a pass JUST before the opponent reach it. To play with small margins and high risk. This is impossible with FIFA.

Think-ahead-football just makes slow safe-pass tactical football with bad close control and random outcomes of thight duels. Doesn't sound very realistic to me. It wont get your adrenaline pumping. It's like just telling your players what to do instead of doing it yourself.

In PES I feel like I AM the player. In FIFA I feel like I'm trying to tell him what to do.

FIFA might look allright when looking at the full picture, but when going into detail with 1 player, it just stinks.

Spot on. Top post that ToaTheBoa.

The thing that I think fools people into thinking FIFA is better than it is, is because it looks like its plays realistically on screen. The animations are nice, everything on screen seems to flow well, it looks almost as if you are watching a match live on the TV. But for me, and I do stress that, the controls are far too unresponsive. Dont get me wrong I still enjoy this game far more than any other FIFA I have played for many years.

The fact that players at times dont react to button press, as mentioned in the last few posts is probably the most annoying. Its ability to not let you make a first time pass is very frustrating, and has nothing to do with getting yourself in the correct position, I have had times where I just wanted to pop the ball back the direct the ball is coming from, and is the way im facing, and it just refuses to make the pass. Eveb more annoying is when forwards do mot make attempts to make a header, when you are given a free heading chance in the box, and again I have pressed the button with plently of time to spare. To be quite honest it just feels like the computer cheating you, in an attempt to keep score's "realistic".

this "ultra-realism" that fifa seems to be sick of is precisely what ruins what could have been a 9/10 game. the players take too much time to respond to the passes made, BUT react too fast to intercept them. doesn't make sense.

www.winningelevenblog.com

Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd EDITED KITS

HOME AND AWAY!!!!!

AMAZING
Yeah, AMAZING (look at the Nike tick on the celebrating Arsenal players' shirt, and the Arsenal badge - and never mind the colour mismatching).

Love the way they're picking kits with plain backs, and only showing the fronts. Konami must be over the moon that some people still haven't realised you can't photo-import on the sleeves or the backs.

Sorry, I know I'm being negative, but I find it completely dishonest. No wonder PES will always sell, how many out-and-out lies have we been told so far? Tons of boots - oh no, sorry, we got that wrong. Brilliant kit editing, look! Just don't look at the back (or even at the sides for that matter). Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Yeah, true true. Although having played the 360 version aswell, there are definitely similarities between them. But good that you mentioned that, I didn't remember to. :)

yeah... but the next gen version is even better :lol

Why can't they just change the pallet colour to match the imported pic colour. It would look a trillion times better. Arsenal sleeves are almost grey for goodness sakes.

yes the man u one looks lighter.... still theyve only been messin about for a while with it.... still better than nothin...

P.S anyway if you could scan your dick, don't apply it to the shirt just attach it to your forehead in game...then you would look the part

:lmao: This thread is hilarious!

Last edited:

I can't beleive I missed this! BOTH jerseys look fucking hideous. Look at size of the United badge!? Dark red sleeves and light red shirt! WTF? GREY SLEEVES on Arsenal away!? They look like they were done in MS PAINT! Next GEN!? It just get worst by the day. PES 2008 is out in two weeks TODAY. It seems like we need to spend £2,000 on a high spec PC to play this game. I don't DO PC gaming - I like to sit back on the sofa with a wireless pad, 32" HDTV and a can of beer. Thank the Lord (EA) for the brilliant FIFA 08! Dear me . . .

pc_action_PCA_pcaction_de_edit_mode_pes_2008_pro_evolution_soccer_20.jpg

Last edited:

Fucking hell Seabass this is the biggest joke since the 80's when nobody knew George Micheal was Gay.

At the moment this is looking like trumping last years 360 version as the biggest pile of shit ever.

Seabass has "cut back" (See what I did there) on so many features it is untrue.

Please tell me that other people are seeing that the imported pic is a different red than the rest of the shirt!! Or am I going mad? I think this looks amazing but at least get the colour right ffs.

True, even arsenal's kit looks weird

"But it's all about the gameplay! It doesn't matter if it looks like a dogs dish, next-gen or not, it's the gameplay! Even if the gameplay isn't next gen ... it's the gameplay!"

Now honestly WENB is going too far away with trying to hyde the game endemic limitations.

Seriously, I have to post this again - DOES IT LOOK NEXT-GEN or more like an image from a PLAYSTATION ONE GAME?

Pathetic Electronic Skating.

My avatar is a bit small so I thought I would post a picture I made of what I have gathered of all of the exciting PES 2008 "next gen" news so far:

l_c9fb02c3ac3ece9d9d3dc7f80ca3e99b.jpg

One thing is for sure: our expectations bar has gone bananas if people come to the point of saying "hallelujah" or "much better than the original" for those fake uniforms.

But what do I hear in the distance:

"But look at the faces, look at the f$%king faces. Who cares about the rest of the game when you see the faces. Oh my god, I love the faces" And on and on....

Oh and have they got ridden of the untucked kits?! Ronaldo has been tucked in! OMG, Cammyboy do something about it!

My avatar is a bit small so I thought I would post a picture I made of what I have gathered of all of the exciting PES 2008 "next gen" news so far:

l_c9fb02c3ac3ece9d9d3dc7f80ca3e99b.jpg

The animal head and baby are brilliant :lmao:

Seriously, I have to post this again - DOES IT LOOK NEXT-GEN or more like an image from a PLAYSTATION ONE GAME?

Pathetic Electronic Skating.

dont be pathetic. have u ever played a psone game? :8):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom