WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

In the PES 3008 fanzine, Cristiano is proudly holding a Nike ball maybe there are in the game.

3008? Have you been time-travelling with Badgerman? :shock:

Is it just me or is the scanned in Liverpool shirt two different colours? I mean the scanned in part looks very orange compared to the rest of the shirt. Don't get me wrong, I love what Konami have done by introducing this feature but the boys at PCAction should have put a little more effort into that before publishing eh?

Pfff, what a very stupid comment. I defend the game because I believe the gameplay will be great. Thats what counts for me. I don't care too much about editing, music, nets, untucked shirts, licences, dogs and master league. Playing with my friends or playing online is what I'm looking for.

If I can put my face into the game in an easy way, then it's f****** great! If I can scan my dick and use it as a shirt in the game: woho, how cool! If I want everything to be perfect with kits, licences, chants, and more, then I buy the PC-version, install kitserver and some patches.

And btw: FIFA 08 sucks. I bought the game. It really sucks. I will sell it when PES 2008 is out.

listen mate, stop defending konami and get real...i have been a pro evo fan for years now and it was the reason i bought my next-gen console in the hope that even with pes2008 they would get it right, sure i'm going to buy the game and hope that adonis is right when he says the demo is not a true reflection of the retail copy

however, i don't moan for the sake of it and like any other pro evo fan i want the game to be the best from gameplay down to editing (personal opinion but editing has always been a big part of the game for me, with of course the gameplay), i thought pes6 on the 360 was ok, but i don't want just ok i want the game to be brilliant

konami already had the gameplay IMO (previous ps2 versions), so brushing up on other aspects shouldn't have been to hard to do....rant over!

P.S anyway if you could scan your dick, don't apply it to the shirt just attach it to your forehead in game...then you would look the part

I would not be surprised if the game goes gold today. I have this theory about it:
Adam was told by Konami that his promo-version will be send today.
Earlier Konami was very annoyed that they were critisized on bases of an unfinished version ( see the French article). I think Konami do not take any more risks and send the full version as promo-copy to the magazines and WENB. That means that the game has finished today and thus it will go gold today.

"P.S anyway if you could scan your dick, don't apply it to the shirt just attach it to your forehead in game...then you would look the part"

God Lord, I almost split my sides! Hahahahaha! No disrespect to you ToaTheBoa but that really was a great reply. I now know what the first thing I'm going to do with the image inserter in PES2008 will be!!

P.S anyway if you could scan your dick, don't apply it to the shirt just attach it to your forehead in game...then you would look the part

:lmao:

Superb

adam/adonis said:
At WENB we're trying to make the best out of a bad situation, everyone should do the same.

Uhh, actually we shouldnt. Its the continued support for a game that releases poor versions every year with simple elements lacking/removed that were in the previous versions that give them license to continue to pull this crap.

As for how great the kits look, well i made complete replicas for the whole game, well atleast for as many as the slots allowed, and can say that my pes5/we10 kits looked better as they actually had the 3stripes templates. The only good part of the suite is the photo mode which allowes you to scan most part and stick them on. However they have also stopped you from using your own team logo's in the menu's. Again something which is removed from previous versions.

Tbh Adam, as much as i think you are doing a great job at WENB / here in the community, i get the impression you are cluthing at straws to continue to be positive with the game. Your "make the best of a bad situation" is a clear example of this and the overal positivity towards the game.

Do you consider continued support for a game that is now so lacking is a good thing with future versions in mind? I was very cynical earlier with the first news coming out (months and months ago now) however most of it is coming true. The whole % calculation was a joke, but look at what is in the "new" game and what has been left out. Adding some more templates doesnt take a lot of time. I could probably make about 50 in a day with photoshop. But no, Konami will treat their loyal customers, you and quite a few in here, with some more templates next year. Surely konami are taking the piss and most of you continue to lap it up.

So why shouldnt fans like us, who do see whats going on, be negative? Ive played the game since its earlier version on the snes and continued to last years 360 version. Im no longer gonna make the best of a bad situation, if im gonna spend my money i want something in return for it, and pes doesnt deliver. Im actually enjoying fifa so much
(wouldnt have expected it) that i cant even say i care about the game anymore and, sadly, am enjoying its continued demise/dissapointment its showing. I try to post as little as i can in this thread but i just wholeheartedly disagree with your make the best comment.

Lets face it PES 6 with these graphics would have been better than what we are getting.

Earlier Konami was very annoyed that they were critisized on bases of an unfinished version ( see the French article).

But didnt the french mag make a lot of complaints that werent actually based on gameplay? I mean they complained about the game taking very small steps over the years and even on the nextgen they hardly improve the game. How much has konami done in the full version to counter that? A few more teams in the ML with dogs and all, a slightly slower game.....What else? Those complaints will still stand. But hopefully youre right and we can get some more reviews coming in. Although its likely to be a suck-fest hailing pes again for "not changing" as OPM said. "Yeah the game hasnt changed in the slightest, give it a 9/10 again!" Nonsense.

I saw the PES piggyback guide and some of the advice in there was terrible.

:applause:
Pfff, what a very stupid comment. I defend the game because I believe the gameplay will be great. Thats what counts for me. I don't care too much about editing, music, nets, untucked shirts, licences, dogs and master league. Playing with my friends or playing online is what I'm looking for.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Your name says it all. I've said it once and I'll say it again ... "Blind Faith". Sticking with something just because you like previous versions and feel you have some obligation to stay with that brand. Sheep-style. Just following on and on and on ...

But didnt the french mag make a lot of complaints that werent actually based on gameplay? I mean they complained about the game taking very small steps over the years and even on the nextgen they hardly improve the game. How much has konami done in the full version to counter that? A few more teams in the ML with dogs and all, a slightly slower game.....What else? Those complaints will still stand. But hopefully youre right and we can get some more reviews coming in. Although its likely to be a suck-fest hailing pes again for "not changing" as OPM said. "Yeah the game hasnt changed in the slightest, give it a 9/10 again!" Nonsense.
That's not my point. My point is that I expect the game to go gold today.
Why start over again with all of this? I think the topic overehere has no critical value anymore. In economic terms the topic has devaluated because it is too often too negative. No value in new negativism anymore.
I know, on certain points Konami deserves critics ( and much! ) but it has been overdone.
Just take the over-reaction on the edited kits of WENB: I think the guys from WENB did not know what hitted them :shock:
It goes much too far in that respect...

i want the game to be the best from gameplay down to editing (personal opinion but editing has always been a big part of the game for me, with of course the gameplay), i thought pes6 on the 360 was ok, but i don't want just ok i want the game to be brilliant

AND I WANT ONE MILLION $ ;) ;) \\:o/

Example please?

I cant give one of the top of my head because it was a long time ago.

They had the wrong formation line ups and the info in general wasn't any good.

Ah, you are talking about the PES 6 guide?
I thought you were talking about the new samplepages from the 2008 version :)

@Trance_Allstar: You are welcome :)

listen mate, stop defending konami and get real...i have been a pro evo fan for years now and it was the reason i bought my next-gen console in the hope that even with pes2008 they would get it right, sure i'm going to buy the game and hope that adonis is right when he says the demo is not a true reflection of the retail copy

however, i don't moan for the sake of it and like any other pro evo fan i want the game to be the best from gameplay down to editing (personal opinion but editing has always been a big part of the game for me, with of course the gameplay), i thought pes6 on the 360 was ok, but i don't want just ok i want the game to be brilliant

konami already had the gameplay IMO (previous ps2 versions), so brushing up on other aspects shouldn't have been to hard to do....rant over!

If you compare the xbox 360 version of PES 6 with the xbox version of PES 2008, you should see lots of new stuff in the game. You can't just compare it to the last-gen version, and believe everything should be in the game at once. It takes time recoding this stuff, as just importing the code from last-gen versions would make the game much more last-gen than it is today.

If you want editing, buy the PC version and you have 100% freedom of doing what you want with the game.

If you want editing, buy the PC version and you have 100% freedom of doing what you want with the game.

it shouldn't have to be like that mate, iv'e already forked out alot of dough to buy my 360

it shouldn't have to be like that mate, iv'e already forked out alot of dough to buy my 360

True, we PS3/XBox360 owners should be the prime customers really. WE/PES has only been available on the PC for a short time and already the game is more editable there. Strange.

The the fuck have they done with the sounds in the game?!?!?!?!

When you slide your hear a kind of ripping noise, when you talkle someone they go "urghh" and when you run next to someone its like your playing a horse racing game because it sounds like there galloping

Fucking clueless

has Seabass ever been to a match? I definitely have and have never heard a sound when people do slide tackles and go "Urghhh" when tackled.

What a joke, Why the fuck did they change these versions so drastically from the PS2 versions?

Wankers

Rant over

PES 2008 Focus: Achievements List & Gallery (New PES Shop) - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/pes-2008-focus-achievements-list.html

1192178009260.jpg

Last edited:

I still did not get, did they take away some edting features they already developed or they just did not develop them on time??

I just watched the Wii video, holy crap, that looks brilliant, especially when u can choose off the ball movements!!!!!!!!!!! That's what i wanna see in sport game, the ability to tell off the ball players where to go and manually passing the ball to them.

P.S.
And of course i am very impressed by the wii version and most of the comments on the blog are negative

Last edited:

The the fuck have they done with the sounds in the game?!?!?!?!

When you slide your hear a kind of ripping noise, when you talkle someone they go "urghh" and when you run next to someone its like your playing a horse racing game because it sounds like there galloping

Fucking clueless

has Seabass ever been to a match? I definitely have and have never heard a sound when people do slide tackles and go "Urghhh" when tackled.

What a joke, Why the fuck did they change these versions so drastically from the PS2 versions?

Wankers

Rant over

I've heard a strange "swishing" sound while players are running too, also heard the grunts. And the galloping fits in with the hyperactive leg movement when players sprint. No player on Earth can move their legs as fast as the movement makes out on PES 2008. Compared to FIFA, the animations and sound are utter crap. So people fall back on gameplay, but even the gameplay is naff. So what's left? Editing? Oh shoot, that's crap too.

hear hear Danny.

While I applaud the game for it's game, the presentation is shambolic, and the localisation of the product is negligible. From the translated straight from the japanese commentary, to the inclusion of celery and one man and his dog (which doesn't even have a spot....). Konami need to learn that euro/US gamers don't want a heart design on the shirt, and the time spent on creating the dog heads and who ate all the pies banners should be spent tailoring the game to the market, and including features that we use rather than show oour mates once then forget.

The game is top, but so was Player Manager for the amiga, unfortunately, these days an AAA game has to have more.....

offtopic:O
PSN Network Agreement sets October 30th release date for PS3 v2.0 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom