WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I've played FIFA08 on my brothers 360 for about 10 hours total, and I liked that alot aswell. The AI isn't really nice playing against on the 360 I'll be honest, but 1 on 1 it is a great game, just set everything to "manual" and be prepared to be punished for all the wrong passes and the short moments of lacking concentration.

Also I much prefer the ball deflections in FIFA, they feel very varied and real. Shots in FIFA08 (current and last-gen) are also superb imo, none of the weird shot animations and shot dynamics of the past, the ball and player feel completely separate both before and after the contact.

These words from you my friend, are authentic gold.
I'm definitively going to buy this game for PS3.

The the fuck have they done with the sounds in the game?!?!?!?!

When you slide your hear a kind of ripping noise, when you talkle someone they go "urghh" and when you run next to someone its like your playing a horse racing game because it sounds like there galloping

When I hear those "urghh" I seem like I'm playing Street Fighter :D what a disgrace...

pool1.jpg

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

:applause:

TESCO 2 STRIPES!!!!!!

I`m sick of this Thread and won`t visit it the next two weeks. Good luck bitching eachother lads.

Elite

Hehe yep, those shady tracksuits you get from the market trying to imitate Adidas :lol:

So what edit modes we wont be able to use in the new game on consoles?
Can anyone make a summary? I am a bit confused. Are the things so bad about editing?

These words from you my friend, are authentic gold.
I'm definitively going to buy this game for PS3.

Ohh shit... :D

Do rent it first or smtn though, because I don't want to deceive you in any way, and be responsible for you chucking out hard-earned console game money on something only on my word. It definitely might be hard to get used to it going from years of only PES. But I've had fun in FIFA08 that I last had in ISS98. The first time I just poked in a manual pass on one side of a defender and having a teammate run on the other to get the pass, I was sold.

It seems to be a game that just keeps on giving as you get more and more accurate with the analog passing, and learn when you can use tricks and such.

Also, the trick stick is just awesome. In Next-Gen you also use it in cooperation with the left stick.

So for example, just tapping the trickstick once to the players right side, he will just do a single stepover/feint with his foot as if he is going to move the ball in that direction. As soon as you flick the trickstick though, you can also move the left stick in the direction you want the player do move after the initial foot feint.

So for example, you can make the player feint outwards with his right foot, and then immediately after, with his left foot, he can move the ball to his front right (essentially like the PES matthews feint, only in motion). Or you can do the same thing, but instead the player, after the feint with his right foot, will move the ball in the same direction as he feinted. In other words, he feints right, but then knocks the ball right anyways with his left foot.

Not to mention the freedom of being able to knock the ball away from you, into space, in any direction with the right stick (you need to hold "L2" for the trickstick to be active).

An example (PC "last-gen"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkCGYhwCyA

That is done by simply holding the sprint button and moving the trickstick in the opposite direction. Notice how the defender is beaten because of him being slightly slow in the reactions (doesn't happen easily though, but if you set it up right and time it, you can do stuff like this, and it is just pure eyecandy).

Some other just because I feel it is appropriate:

Manual Lofted "Throughball" (L1 + :triangle:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHs9c7QSA-w

Messi Nutmeg (trickstick when receiving ball to move in any direction): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZP7DFizN0

I`m sick of this Thread and won`t visit it the next two weeks. Good luck bitching eachother lads.

Elite

yeah nice one elite, close the door on the way out fella

Uhh, actually we shouldnt. Its the continued support for a game that releases poor versions every year with simple elements lacking/removed that were in the previous versions that give them license to continue to pull this crap.

As for how great the kits look, well i made complete replicas for the whole game, well atleast for as many as the slots allowed, and can say that my pes5/we10 kits looked better as they actually had the 3stripes templates. The only good part of the suite is the photo mode which allowes you to scan most part and stick them on. However they have also stopped you from using your own team logo's in the menu's. Again something which is removed from previous versions.

Tbh Adam, as much as i think you are doing a great job at WENB / here in the community, i get the impression you are cluthing at straws to continue to be positive with the game. Your "make the best of a bad situation" is a clear example of this and the overal positivity towards the game.

Do you consider continued support for a game that is now so lacking is a good thing with future versions in mind? I was very cynical earlier with the first news coming out (months and months ago now) however most of it is coming true. The whole % calculation was a joke, but look at what is in the "new" game and what has been left out. Adding some more templates doesnt take a lot of time. I could probably make about 50 in a day with photoshop. But no, Konami will treat their loyal customers, you and quite a few in here, with some more templates next year. Surely konami are taking the piss and most of you continue to lap it up.

So why shouldnt fans like us, who do see whats going on, be negative? Ive played the game since its earlier version on the snes and continued to last years 360 version. Im no longer gonna make the best of a bad situation, if im gonna spend my money i want something in return for it, and pes doesnt deliver. Im actually enjoying fifa so much
(wouldnt have expected it) that i cant even say i care about the game anymore and, sadly, am enjoying its continued demise/dissapointment its showing. I try to post as little as i can in this thread but i just wholeheartedly disagree with your make the best comment.

Quality post Tik:applause:

Ohh shit... :D

Do rent it first or smtn though, because I don't want to deceive you in any way, and be responsible for you chucking out hard-earned console game money on something only on my word.

Don't worry mate :lol:

Your word isn't alone, but it is the most authoritative because I well know your philosophy. :)

You are free from any responsibility :)

My concern isn't the euros for FIFA (I can always sell it) but having a real good game.
In that your opinion is a good warrantee...

Coopz said:
The the fuck have they done with the sounds in the game?!?!?!?!

When you slide your hear a kind of ripping noise, when you talkle someone they go "urghh" and when you run next to someone its like your playing a horse racing game because it sounds like there galloping

Fucking clueless

has Seabass ever been to a match? I definitely have and have never heard a sound when people do slide tackles and go "Urghhh" when tackled.

What a joke, Why the fuck did they change these versions so drastically from the PS2 versions?

Wankers

Rant over

Sounds good to me...cartoon sounds to go with the cartoon graphics.

I'd love to hear that cartoon bongo noise when a player loses his balance.

Ideally, the goalkeepers should fart when confronted with a late penalty...that would be the ultimate in realism.

Your word isn't alone, but it is the most authoritative because I well know your philosophy. :)

My concern isn't the euros for FIFA (I can always sell it) but having a real good game.

Well, then cheers mate, and thanks for the kind words. :)

Now I just need to get into the FIFA scene. I don't know if there are patches etc released for FIFA aswell. The last-gen PC version could do with some new textures for pitches and such, though it doesn't bother me. :)

ONe questions:

any idea on the camera options available??? can we still rotate them to 9 different angle???? I really hope so, i have been playing all these years with that angle i wish it is still there.

Don't worry dejavu,

I've just played 3 hours and this game is really good !
The fact that you can put on assisted the passes and crosses helps to be familiar with the game (I'm too familiar with PES buttons :))
The responsiveness is very realistic...not as quick as PES but for me as a football player it seems more realistic. You cannot make a super sliding pass because the ball is 3 meters from the player...
Also not familiar with the shots. They're very realistic but the players haven't their style like in PES.
I mean I have the impression that you can put a magical volley with Makelele :).
But Really I'm enjoying the overall game and athmosphere.

In about 7-8 games I scored 4 goals and one amazing chest control then volley under the bar from 25 meters with Del Piero !!!

That definitely launched my FIFA carreer ;)

ONe questions:

any idea on the camera options available??? can we still rotate them to 9 different angle???? I really hope so, i have been playing all these years with that angle i wish it is still there.

I am not sure, but I saw a picture earlier of the camera menu, and there were no mentions of the camera "rotation" feature (no buttons mentioned, and no on-screen references, only "camera type" and "player/ball focus" I believe.

I am not sure, but I saw a picture earlier of the camera menu, and there were no mentions of the camera "rotation" feature (no buttons mentioned, and no on-screen references, only "camera type" and "player/ball focus" I believe.

Hopefully it is gonna get fixed, no way they have taken it out.

ADONIS: Any chance to get a word on this thing?????

Last edited:

Don't worry dejavu,

The fact that you can put on assisted the passes and crosses helps to be familiar with the game (I'm too familiar with PES buttons :))
The responsiveness is very realistic...not as quick as PES but for me as a football player it seems more realistic. You cannot make a super sliding pass because the ball is 3 meters from the player...
Also not familiar with the shots. They're very realistic but the players haven't their style like in PES.
I mean I have the impression that you can put a magical volley with Makelele :).

In about 7-8 games I scored 4 goals and one amazing chest control then volley under the bar from 25 meters with Del Piero !!!

Glad to know you are enjoying it :)

EDIT: I like the new "Track Record" thing in PES 2008. Keeps track of all your stats. Now i hope they don't get rid of it next year :)

I've said it before, and I say it again. FIFA's responsiveness ruins the game. The gameplay just isn't thight enough. It was fun the few first hours, then it just got more and more frustrating when you try to better your game, and play with higher intensity.

Nice try FIFA, but it's not quite up to PES gameplay yet.

I'm so f****** tired of my players making 2 touches on the ball when I CLEARLY presses the passbutton BEFORE it reaches my player. Booooo! The same happens with the knock-ahead button. I press it before it reaches my foot, and still the damn player has to use a normal touch BEFORE knocking it ahead. The same happens with crosses... Is this control? Is this freedom? No. Its torture!!!

Don't worry dejavu,

Very comforting yacine, thanks. :)

I've said it before, and I say it again. FIFA's responsiveness ruins the game. The gameplay just isn't thight enough. It was fun the few first hours, then it just got more and more frustrating when you try to better your game, and play with higher intensity.

I'm so f****** tired of my players making 2 touches on the ball when I CLEARLY presses the passbutton BEFORE it reaches my player. Booooo! The same happens with the knock-ahead button. I press it before it reaches my foot, and still the damn player has to use a normal touch BEFORE knocking it ahead. The same happens with crosses... Is this control? Is this freedom? No. Its torture!!!

Totally agree.

I actually prefer this to PES. In FIFA you need to always be 0.5 to 1 seconds ahead, just like in real life. If you want to make a first time pass, you need to prepare early so that you angle your body correctly and have time to actually kick the ball, and that preparation usually takes a small amount of time.

PES bypasses this by making players able to kick the ball even though they in real life wouldn't have had the time to pull back their leg and do the leg movements necessary.

It all depends on what you prefer for a game obviously, but I prefer the realistic approach where you always need to prepare early when you want to do something. It adds even more challenge to the gameplay.

Bear in mind the version Trance is playing is the current-gen version...

Bear in mind the version Trance is playing is the current-gen version...

Yeah, true true. Although having played the 360 version aswell, there are definitely similarities between them. But good that you mentioned that, I didn't remember to. :)

I agree that the responsivness of PES is more accurate and fast. BUT the first touch control is better in FIFA when you master it.
AND THAT'S A PRO OF PES WHO IS SAYING THAT !!
I also agree that when you score a goal in PES you have this feeling of "I made this with my instinct"...on the other hand in FIFA there's a part of luck (my volley with del piero is the example)...BUT making an OVERALL review (just played the demo of PES but the final build will be the same algorithm) I say FIFA is ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom