WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I am Badgerman from the year 2012

We did shit at the Olynpics.

Wayne Rooney died after eating a 9 stone puff pastry.

I come here with information.

You are on the cusp of a technological breakthrough. You will not see the best out of the next gen (well, your next gen) consoles for another 3 years.

Stop moaning and the like.

ps buy stock in man killing robots.

can u check next week lotto numbers for me? ;)

Damn... it seems everytime I get a new Pes game I'm wondering what good option have they taken out this time, one of these days I'll open the box and find they've taken the game disc out and just put in some photo's of Seasaw and his Staff's showing their dogs off!!

OMFG :lmao:

I forgot, it's illegal to want a game to improve, sorry.

Personally, I don't really give a crap about the poor editing options. I've gotten used to things going backwards with this game.

But there's no doubt that us dog lovers are in for a canine treat. I can't wait to play with the doggies at half-time. It will be such fun to see them running around the pitch, playing with each other and barking, hopefully not peeing against the corner flag (naughty boy :nono:).

It would be great to see the dogs sometimes invade the pitch during a match, maybe play with the ball a bit and perhaps one of the bigger dogs might try to bite it and cause it to burst. That would really add to the drama. Maybe some of the dogs can chase the referee. That would be really cool.

I hope they include virtual doggy biscuits and other treats so we can keep our pooches happy. Knowing Konami's record with rude goal celebrations, I think we can count on some of the dogs indulging themselves but I for one will be using the skip button for that sort of thing.

I wonder if the editor will allows us to change the dogs hairstyles. I might give my Afghan hound a perm. I will also make my poodles hair all straight so it moves in the wind. This game is gonna rock.

Personally, I don't really give a crap about the poor editing options. I've gotten used to things going backwards with this game.

But there's no doubt that us dog lovers are in for a canine treat. I can't wait to play with the doggies at half-time. It will be such fun to see them running around the pitch, playing with each other and barking, hopefully not peeing against the corner flag (naughty boy :nono:).

It would be great to see the dogs sometimes invade the pitch during a match, maybe play with the ball a bit and perhaps one of the bigger dogs might try to bite it and cause it to burst. That would really add to the drama. Maybe some of the dogs can chase the referee. That would be really cool.

I hope they include virtual doggy biscuits and other treats so we can keep our pooches happy. Knowing Konami's record with rude goal celebrations, I think we can count on some of the dogs indulging themselves but I for one will be using the skip button for that sort of thing.

I wonder if the editor will allows us to change the dogs hairstyles. I might give my Afghan hound a perm. I will also make my poodles hair all straight so it moves in the wind. This game is gonna rock.

We right here dogg!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icayOFBZ9-s

EID MUBARAK TO YOU BILAL :) :) :)

PLAN M + Charlievolano + hargreaves4 = djdoc

Jack Bauer = ALWAYS NEGATIVE

Whet is the proplem it just a video game ?
Wrong my friend. Plan M is unknown. Charlievolano is Charlievolano and hargreaves4 is indeed djdoc but not as you know him...

Jack Bauer is allowed to post his opinions mate, he like the rest of us was once a PESFAN and only wants to see this game move forward instead of taking several steps backwards and including features that are half arsedly done so shouldnt actually be there.....

Your one of the new generation of PES fans.... that I can tell.

A bit off topic, but stil an interresting find:

~~ FIFPro and UEFA are joining forces ~~

Since WE/PES always used the FIFPro licence for their games, what can this news bring us in the future? Can we look forward to licenced UEFA championships leagues, UEFA Cup etc? Would be sweet :)

Or perhaps the other way, Konami not being able to use anything :(

I scanned over a few pages and saw some of you being...well...pathetic about the whole editing scene. No matter how much we would of loved to be able to scan things in all over the place, the best thing is that its in there.

The Liverpool and Arsenal kits look awesome on the blog, its a massive improvement on how we edited the kits last year on unmodded consoles. I think its a huge step forward. At WENB we're trying to make the best out of a bad situation, everyone should do the same. Its not as bad as some of you guys are making out.

Well said Adam, I was annoyed as hell about the flood of negativism that was retched into this topic. Always the same and I almost decided to stop posting in this topic. I realised that it would have been the wrong signal though..

Well Adam, you are right. However, this is next-gen and there are still a lot of things missing in PES. I mean, things the community have been complaining about since day 1 still haven't been resolved by Konami. I love the work you guys do and respect you guys alot, but it's frustrating to see the lack of efforts on Konami's part...Hope this made sense, my english is sucky :d

Adam mate have you checked you can do those kits, WENB could get in alot of trouble just like Pesfan did for doing premiership kits when fifa owns the licenses to put them in the game

Just saying check up you dont want an angry fifa on your hands, like or not you guys are an authority now and have to set an example your under far more scrutiny than the average kit modder

Jack Bauer is allowed to post his opinions mate, he like the rest of us was once a PESFAN and only wants to see this game move forward instead of taking several steps backwards and including features that are half arsedly done so shouldnt actually be there.....

My friend I respect his opinions mate, but he always post negative points in PES2008 there is a good points also but he didn't like it However,IT IS TOO LATE THE GAME WILL COME OUT AFTER 2 WEEKS

What about PES2009 ha Jack ?
hargreaves4 is indeed djdoc but not as you know him...

AND hargreaves4 YOU ARE ;)

Last edited:

Adam mate have you checked you can do those kits, WENB could get in alot of trouble just like Pesfan did for doing premiership kits when fifa owns the licenses to put them in the game

Just saying check up you dont want an angry fifa on your hands, like or not you guys are an authority now and have to set an example your under far more scrutiny than the average kit modder

FIFA didn't bother PESFan, it was the FA/Premiership

Thanks for the concern. Im sure we'll upset a few people, I guess the term 'get it while you can' comes in use ;)

I've chatted to many of the big boys at Konami about this, gonna be a case of turning a blind eye to what we do while supporting us undercover. PESfan are obviously associated with Konami so its something they couldnt try and pursue.

if worst comes to worst adam you could always just pseudo post the wenb option files here at evo web

Well Adam, you are right. However, this is next-gen and there are still a lot of things missing in PES. I mean, things the community have been complaining about since day 1 still haven't been resolved by Konami. I love the work you guys do and respect you guys alot, but it's frustrating to see the lack of efforts on Konami's part...Hope this made sense, my english is sucky :d

Oh for sure, I totally agree that Konami have still plenty to do to satisfy the fans. My main point was about the ability to scan in the front of kits. Sure its limited, but it allows fantastic replica kits to be made. You only have to look at the ones made on the blog to see that. Not perfect, but a million times better than creating kits with the ingame editor.

It's really not much better than what people did with option files and PES6. I know what I'd prefer.

It's a great feature but almost pointless when you factor in the rest of the edit mode.

The Liverpool kit is pretty simple, it's the other teams that will be hard.

This doesn't matter though because I know at the end of the day PES 2008 will once again be my most played game for the next 12 months.

Dude thats current gen, get with the program and see how good fifa nextgen is!

Even though i cant stand pes atm, i still wouldnt even bother with fifa for the ps2.

I've played FIFA08 on my brothers 360 for about 10 hours total, and I liked that alot aswell. The AI isn't really nice playing against on the 360 I'll be honest, but 1 on 1 it is a great game, just set everything to "manual" and be prepared to be punished for all the wrong passes and the short moments of lacking concentration.

I am not with you this time, sometimes you win sometimes you lose :lol:... that goal sucks dear Trance_Allstar... if it was PES, all people here would bash the "poor goalkeeping". It is a shot in the middle of goal, please...!!! Anyway what annoys me most is the ball physic when Ronaldinho dribbles it... it is really terrible!!!

Hehe, no worries mate. ;)

To be honest, 0:26 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsnBiB6EYUI is a bad goalkeeper. The FIFA goalkeeper, while definitely ought to have done better, is still very preferable to me over a keeper that let's a slow shot fly just by his head without even _trying_ to get in the way. Any human, let alone a goalkeeper, would have the reflexes to easily parry that shot with his hands. It's in the optimal position to reach with a hand.

And I've certainly seen worse goalkeeper moments than the FIFA video in real life, although they are rare. ;)

And, @ 5:22 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IQz3KluPl4 , a similar goal. ;)

sry m8....but that looks horrible:o

I dunno, I prefer a goalkeeper that moves realistically, doesn't overly obviously break the laws of physics when performing saves, and that once in a while makes mistakes (not like letting a shot fly by 1cm from his head or such), which means that you know that there is always that sliiight chance a last-second longshot with the right player might find its way in. :)

Also I much prefer the ball deflections in FIFA, they feel very varied and real. Shots in FIFA08 (current and last-gen) are also superb imo, none of the weird shot animations and shot dynamics of the past, the ball and player feel completely separate both before and after the contact.

The more I play it and see how random the situations are when keepers save and such, the more I like it. To be honest I am surprised myself, and when I come to the point of saying "well f**k this" I'll let you know. But the Analog throughpasses (which also works as normal passes obviously) are enough to keep me playing again and again, I have done some awesome things that PES simply won't let me do with the 8 directionality, like slicing a pass just in a gap between two defenders for Messi to run onto. I won't get bored of that aspect ever. :)

Also, however it was in the past, when I am playing with a good player, you feel it for sure. You just don't want to shoot with bad players, or dribble with bad players, because it is a wasted chance.

But enough thread hijacking with FIFA for my part (unless I respond to someone else). :)

Last edited:

so i think after most of the people will get this game on the PC ,, that is agood point for a 1 reason to make the game selling going poor after that F***Bass will think seriosly before do the next PES or WE game

EID MUBARAK TO YOU BILAL :) :) :)

PLAN M + Charlievolano + hargreaves4 = djdoc

Jack Bauer = ALWAYS NEGATIVE

Whet is the proplem it just a video game ?

Eid Mubarak guys.

No demo on psn?

Last edited:

Or perhaps the other way, Konami not being able to use anything :(

I scanned over a few pages and saw some of you being...well...pathetic about the whole editing scene. No matter how much we would of loved to be able to scan things in all over the place, the best thing is that its in there.

The Liverpool and Arsenal kits look awesome on the blog, its a massive improvement on how we edited the kits last year on unmodded consoles. I think its a huge step forward. At WENB we're trying to make the best out of a bad situation, everyone should do the same. Its not as bad as some of you guys are making out.

I agree with you about the fantastic feature of scan pictures. Problem is: you have now a great feature, but you also miss others 2/3 which were in last PS2 version (edit back of the shirt, a lot of shirt templates, EDITING OF BADGES/TEAM LOGOS, less stadiums!!!) and I can go on. Adonis, how you can say that people is being pathetic when complaining about this? I think it is a right to complain when these "developers" from Konami give us a rushed game with less features than a current gen game!

Adonis, we all here respect your hard work. I don't shoot you since you are only the messengers and honestly I prefer to know every single detail about the game and you give that with nothing in return and I appreciate that a lot, truste me. But dude... this is impossible to defend! It is a real shame. Even worst, the huge hype that Konami built from months ago about "huge editing suite" is now a complete joke in customers' faces. I am a PES fan, just like you, but I consider these steps in the game taken by Konami a big and annoying offense to us, the fans.

Everything ok with you mate, keep up the good work and continue giving us the valuable information you got. We love WENB and we support you!

there is no way you can say PES2008 is a rushed game, they have had ages now to get this game right

pes6 was a shambles, pes2008 demo is a shambles aswell

i think people who defend the game are just desperate for a pro evo fix and they would play anything and say it's great just for the sake of it

PES6 on the PS2 was far from a shambles.

there is no way you can say PES2008 is a rushed game, they have had ages now to get this game right

pes6 was a shambles, pes2008 demo is a shambles aswell

i think people who defend the game are just desperate for a pro evo fix and they would play anything and say it's great just for the sake of it

Pfff, what a very stupid comment. I defend the game because I believe the gameplay will be great. Thats what counts for me. I don't care too much about editing, music, nets, untucked shirts, licences, dogs and master league. Playing with my friends or playing online is what I'm looking for.

If I can put my face into the game in an easy way, then it's f****** great! If I can scan my dick and use it as a shirt in the game: woho, how cool! If I want everything to be perfect with kits, licences, chants, and more, then I buy the PC-version, install kitserver and some patches.

And btw: FIFA 08 sucks. I bought the game. It really sucks. I will sell it when PES 2008 is out.

In the PES 3008 fanzine, Cristiano is proudly holding a Nike ball maybe there are in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom