WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

I mean playing the masterleague is gonna be a hell of a fun with any english team: fake uniforms, fake logos, fake scoreboard, no english stadia. Could be worse if u wanna play the bundesliga.

I'm definitely sticking to the PC version this year with all the unlimited patching options. Now that's heaven ;)

I'm thinking about doing the same thing mate. Except, I have to buy myself a new PC box which are very expensive at the moment.

Why no next-gen? FIFA is worthy, surely?

After the PES 6 shambles, you'd think Konami would've learnt that they had to pull a great game out of PES 2008. It'll be interesting to see sales figures of 2008 compared to previous PES versions.

Seabass has ruined one of my favorite games. They are not getting any money from me this time around. And yeah, I am pissed off. No next gen footy for me :(

It always makes me laugh when people say this. You talk as if he inherited the job of producing the game and has taken a sledge hammer to it.

He's the one who made the game in the first place. It's his to ruin, don't take it so personally.:D

Two wrongs don't make 1 right, as JB says. Fifa is not better because PES sucks.

If someone can make a list of all the disapponting stuff on this new installment, probably Adonis can tell Seabass in the interview how piss off is the community with all those bad decisions from him or his staff.

Edition:

- No badge editing
- Annoyingly Limited templates to create kits (less templates, no back editing, etc etc etc)

Gameplay:

- Steroids-speed
- Terrible GK
- Slowdowns?

Database:

- No Bundesliga
- No Licensed Premiership (although we know why, but anyway)
- Poor selection of new teams (HJK Helsinki what?)
- As usual, we lose some teams (Boca, Sao Paulo) to have some new (Wisla Cracovia, wtf?)

Master League:

- Dogs and old men (:lmao:)

In the gameplay issue we have to play the game, but all the other issues are confirmed. If you want, add more issues to the list so probably Adonis can tell Seabass this on the interview. And Adonis, I know I am asking a lot but LET SEABASS KNOW THAT THE COMMUNITY FEELS RIPPED OFF WITH THIS HALF/RUSHED GAME... obvioulsy in terms with diplomacy :lmao:

He's the one who made the game in the first place. It's his to ruin, don't take it so personally.:D

I agree. Seabass reminds me of a demented genius. He is adding little things here & there but is running out of ideas. "I know what the people want!" he thinks. "CHILDREN IN THE CROWD!"

;)

And now the hope words from putuco:

"God, please, make WE2008 a FIXED PES2008 title for the people, so we have all these stupid issues corrected"

Amen!

I agree. Seabass reminds me of a demented genius. He is adding little things here & there but is running out of ideas. "I know what the people want!" he thinks. "CHILDREN IN THE CROWD!"

;)

& laughs @ every questioned asked, pathetic :-(

Just had a look at the editing of the PC demo that's going on, and wowww. Obviously thanks to Kitserver you can edit the kits 100% but what most impresses me is the little things, like the logos that fly across the screen before and after a replay. They look stunningly professional. LOOK AT THIS (takes an AGE to load because it's hosted in China but it's worth it).

I would only get the game on PC this year, even though my PC can't handle it.

Probably I'm going into a minefield, and my english doesn't allow me in explaining well. Anyway, I want to say that some mega Corporation using dirty marketing rules probably deserve to be penalized by some dirty internet rules.

Specially when they take advantage from their position (and customer's dependence) to sell products without any value added.

Obviously I'm talking in general and without any specific reference.

I'll be sticking with what I said underneath my name, too many good games coming out this next few months to waste time with the poor excuses of football games that we've been given this year.

Just had a look at the editing of the PC demo that's going on, and wowww. Obviously thanks to Kitserver you can edit the kits 100% but what most impresses me is the little things, like the logos that fly across the screen before and after a replay. They look stunningly professional. LOOK AT THIS (takes an AGE to load because it's hosted in China but it's worth it).

I would only get the game on PC this year, even though my PC can't handle it.
Ive been casting an eye on that thread too and I must say its pretty impressive what those guys are doing to the Demo, it means that patching the full game wont take too long.

Anyway I'm going to buy PC version, that is cheaper and well customizable.
FIFA for the PS3.

So there's no way to change the badges via patches and outside editors in the future?

Probably, but PS3 would need to be hacked and you have to burn some Blu Rays or stuff. The other option could be an iso loader that permits to install the game in the HDD... but those options are far to be real at least at the moment...

Seems like everyone is getting it for the PC this year. That seems the best bet. I feel sorry for everyone who has bought a PS3 JUST for "next gen" PES 2008. :(

Seems like everyone is getting it for the PC this year. That seems the best bet. I feel sorry for everyone who has bought a PS3 JUST for "next gen" PES 2008. :(

There will be others titles to exploit with.
:)

Next year will be very interesting everyone will be expecting a true next gen (amazing game) and it will be totally hyped even worse, but Konami will probably produce a PES2 ouch.

I'm definitely sticking to the PC version this year with all the unlimited patching options. Now that's heaven ;)

I'll get the game for both PC and xbox 360. PC for online play, and xbox 360 for playing when friends are visiting.

I'll get the game for both PC and xbox 360. PC for online play, and xbox 360 for playing when friends are visiting.

I'll connect my pc to tv and buy a couple of pads (maybe wireless). That should do ;)

Next year will be very interesting everyone will be expecting a true next gen (amazing game) and it will be totally hyped even worse, but Konami will probably produce a PES2 ouch.

PES6 X360 - PES1 PS2
PES2008 X360/PS3 - PES2 PS2
PES2009 X360/PS3 - PES3 PS2? Maybe?

yuo guys were expecting to play real football like in real life with massive options and be the most realistic thing out. it's better than it's competitors and people that think fifa 08 is better are crazy and just lying to themselves , or just like playing with 11 of the same people as there is no difference btwn players only dif is position i.e. every striker is the same except two limits shit or great, no individuality and awful keeping. pes is miles better and you can only expect a company to be willing to do enough to be ahead of the competitor , only reason why fifa seems to implement so much each year is because it was so far behind and still is . all it has is a million options and nothing to do with them as the gameplay is league one , you cant dribble realstically with p;layers like messi or ronaldo , and tricks are the only way to get past players individually .

pes 1 on ps2 was good but looking at pes 3 it was awful , i.e robotic too fast and predicatble AI, as will this series evolve , but to make the gameplay better than pes6 and then add better graphics and AI as the attaking AI is great on the new pes , which is what will make it exciting. all the videos you have seen are mainly with two players against each other, this shows it badly cuz one player could be bad and other good and the ability of the bad player to close players down and let easy goals in would make the game look not as good, if the player always hold R1 then it would look even faster as he is a novice and just like running with one player and not play proper football, which if you watch two com teams which are good play will happen.

also all these matches are shown are with world class teams and players when do you see these players given so much space and not score or get on target. they barely ever miss a good chance or if in space without pressure are guaranteed to score, in the vids or when you play two player one not so good player would give you alot of sace and make it seem like it's the keepers fault, but realy in real life they would have done the same. how much low hard shots near the keeper have been a goal in real life, loads look at the weekend games and see how hard it is for keeper if the player has time and space as it is easy to score, the keepers are the best keepers in any football game , so were do you get the criticism from.

can we also add logos on the shorts or only on the shirt?

ADONIS,is pes 2008 going to be region free? because i'm looking to buy it, i'm from mexico, and have an hdtv with hdmi cable. so, thats why i want to know becuase i dont want to waste my money.

sorry for my english.

naz11, did you lose the "," key on your keyboard?

EPG, no you won't be able to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom