WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Can't believe all the fuss about dogs and animal heads.
We've known for years it's a Japanese game, with all that that brings.
It's always going to be like this, and I for one am not bothered by it and find it amusing.
There are other football games for people who can't deal with dogs and prefer more realistic structures and presentation.

lol but jones it shouldnt be there. what has dogs heads in edit mode and one man and his dog got to do with football? Maybe in Japan they all take their dogs to the matches but in most countries they dont! This isnt Parklife Evolution Soccer?

the framerates down are just on replays for the ps3 version at the moment.I hope it will be gone for the final version :)

Like I said hargreaves, it's a Japanese game.

I have trouble beleiveing that Konami will release a game with slowdown at this stage in the game. They have known for a long time that crowded situations in the box will cause slowdown but they almost totally eradicated it from PES6 on the PS2 and the PS3 should be no different.

lol but jones it shouldnt be there. what has dogs heads in edit mode and one man and his dog got to do with football? Maybe in Japan they all take their dogs to the matches but in most countries they dont! This isnt Parklife Evolution Soccer?
It's simple: In Asia people eat dogs and because the head is not eatable, they put it in PES 2008 :D

Yep, Madden 08 had 30fps on the PS3 compared to 360's 60fps. So there are a few games which have bad framerates.

I have trouble beleiveing that Konami will release a game with slowdown at this stage in the game. They have known for a long time that crowded situations in the box will cause slowdown but they almost totally eradicated it from PES6 on the PS2 and the PS3 should be no different.

I guess you didnt play pes360 then. That had horrendoes slowdown whenever it got a bit crowded in the box. And i dont mean a stutter or two, but the game going into slo-mo and then speeding back up when away from the box. I hardly had any slowdown on the ps2 versions, yet a better console with the same game has more slowdown problems? Im guessing its just the normal backwards compatibility problems found with the ps2 games on the ps3. Lets face it, we are playing a ps2 game on ps3 atm anyway so slowdowns and compatibility problems should be expected.

if the framerate is only down on replays its not a huge problem,W.E.N.B get finished version on monday ,only then we know what its like.

I guess you didnt play pes360 then. That had horrendoes slowdown whenever it got a bit crowded in the box. And i dont mean a stutter or two, but the game going into slo-mo and then speeding back up when away from the box. I hardly had any slowdown on the ps2 versions, yet a better console with the same game has more slowdown problems? Im guessing its just the normal backwards compatibility problems found with the ps2 games on the ps3. Lets face it, we are playing a ps2 game on ps3 atm anyway so slowdowns and compatibility problems should be expected.

No, I didn't I'm afraid. I only have experience of PES6 on the PS2/PS3 which, as you say, didn't have any slowdown at all. Roll on the 25th I say!! Can't wait to play some HD footie on my PS3, as FIFA08 is really starting to remind me why I haven't bought a FIFA game since the late ´90's.

The dog heads are to get females to play the game, because they are cute :D

But seriously they came in handy when I made a 'LOST' team and had vincent the dog, 100% officially in the game :D

The dog heads are to get females to play the game, because they are cute :D

But seriously they came in handy when I made a 'LOST' team and had vincent the dog, 100% officially in the game :D

:lmao:

club logos are not editable in PES 2008 !!!!what the f**k is nokami doing????? :shock:

club logos are not editable in PES 2008 !!!!what the f**k is nokami doing????? :shock:

What are club logos? The actual badge? Liverpool have their official badge in the photos.

I think it means the logos where you choose your team.

A little bit of bad news to get out the way before the great is that its been confirmed to the team that club logos are not editable in PES 2008. This seems strange to me as they have been editable in all the previous versions of the game. But for some reason in PES 2008 you can't edit the club logo.

:(:(:(:(:(:( what about the bundes liga , when you edit them all, there all the same except de collors! ](*,)

The same reason they add and remove editing options every year I guess.

The same reason they add and remove editing options every year I guess.

To cover their asses in case someone sues them? But surely the same rules apply for kits? Konami only give the end user the freedom to do what they want, they don't supply the copyrighted logos, kits etc. Very strange.

Its so they have something "new" for next years release. Come on guys, get with it! I already explained the % calculation used for new content on nextgen versions.

It's nice we'll be able to get the front of the shirt right, but I wish Konami would sort out the rest of the edit mode.

Just noticed theyve taken out the 3stripes templates, so no proper adidas kits then. Liverpool have got two stripes. Ah the joy of having to edit half a game (usually taking up to 2 weeks) just so it looks half decent.....those were the days eh lads.

you can put your face into the game, but club badges (emblem) seems a hell of problem :-k

I remember spending HOURS on the early PES games going through changing all of the player names. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom