WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

What about those 52 teams on the Master League menu (Virgo, Classics and stuff)... will it be possible to edit them and use them as any regular team, for friendlies, competitions and even ML? It is possible for you to get that information?;)

Its a really interesting question. Can someone tell us about it? Adonis? Anyone? It would be amazing, if we can use that teams in the other modes.

31234753.1012a.jpg

you sunk my battleship!:shock:

Putuco i ment does that mean that us in North America will get the game this year not next year.

We don't know anything about the America release. What we already know is that WE2008 will have English as a language, additionally to Japanese, and WE2008 is NTSC by sure, so that should be your best choice. Obviously if you are not in X360, because region is locked with M$ console.

About PES2008 being Pal and Ntsc, I hope so... if the game comes like all years with the Hz selector, will be fine since we can choose between 50 (PAL) and 60Hz (NTSC) and NTSC users will be fine.

Adonis, can you ask Konami if PES2008 will feature the Hz selector, like all the previous PES? Thanks a lot! :)

There were Hz selectors before? Never noticed it.

Wait a minute..I thought you could play PES2008 on my US PS3 and HD TV. Have I missed something?

If I won't be able to play this game on my US PS3, I will cancel my pre-order for sure and go for the WE2008 jap version.

Does anybody know of websites with information of what's currently available on PSN on all regions?, Japan, Europe, etc? I have found the contents for the US PSN but no for the rest.

thanks

Wait a minute..I thought you could play PES2008 on my US PS3 and HD TV. Have I missed something?

If I won't be able to play this game on my US PS3, I will cancel my pre-order for sure and go for the WE2008 jap version.

You will be able, the problem is with SD televisions! HDTV's don't have any problem with PAL games.

Anyone here having the feeling that the game is almost identical to pes6 in terms of gameplay?

IMHO I don't have that fear after playing the demo. And the videos show that it the gameplay looks way the hell smoother than pes6. I'm one of those cats that felt pes6 was pretty poor, so I'm not worried.

Its better not to think about the demo for PS3

Anyone here having the feeling that the game is almost identical to football in terms of gameplay?

Really!? You have the game already? Where did you get it? :shock:

adam,

probably a question that's been asked a thousand times but i must have missed it

we know that WE is released for Asia and Americas, and Pro Evo for Europe so why is PES put together with the Japanese mindset of football with silly banners, and shirt templates, silly ideas incorporated like shark heads???

i mean EA are states/canada based and seem to use european style footie methods to the whole package of their game and not once have i heard the words offense or defence from martin tylers lips

i know their is a konami europe do they not have any input and say hang on a sec you can't put shark heads in a football game the pro evo buying public will do their nut

just wanted to know your opinion on all this mate

Anyone here having the feeling that the game is almost identical to football in terms of gameplay?

LOL, we must be watching different leagues then (or played two different demo versions).....but this time around even the press preview are saying the game is arcadish (it took a good fifa to make them state that pes is arcadish though).

P.S.
I really wouldn't be concerned about editing, we are gonna get a kitserver again for sure.

Last edited:

Well, if we can edit the back of the shirts then we're set!!

Dont forget thats all well and good for PC owners but what about 360 and PS3 players ;)

I think kitserver worked for the 360 as well (not sure about it though), but i guess we can put the new uniforms directly into the o-text anyway and have it nicely patched even for the 360 ps3.

I am DEFO getting PES 2008 now! Konami have included the BEST THING EVER.

ML031.jpg

Yes. An ickle dog. Well done Seabass, you think of everything! :applause:

You cant patch the 360 version due to the fact that the digital signature of the files will change and the game most probably wont boot. PS3 will be easier to mod obviously through options file transfer.

Well its a typical Japanese game...

If I wanted Japanese "humour" or "cuteness" in my games I would buy a Nintendo Wii and Pokemon. I don't want it in my football game. :)

little dog...what the fuck!! seabass you weirdo

Is it meant to be like that annoying paperclip thing on MS Office? I hate being baby-stepped through stuff, why add a dog? Why not just "Press select/back for help" and not have a dog? I mean come on ... what's a dog got to do with anything? Dogs ... celery ... pies. It's a bit scary really, what's Seabass thinking?

If I wanted Japanese "humour" or "cuteness" in my games I would buy a Nintendo Wii and Pokemon. I don't want it in my football game. :)

japs don't have a sense of humour

I can still remember the High Pitched "HE HE!" sorta noise which plagued ISS Pro Evo 1 + 2! that used to make me crack up and just demonstrates how japanesey and odd the game is. Plus them animal heads?

I am hoping that the full game lives up to the hype that this thread and ThomasGOAL have given it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom