WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

prolly the only pitch that looks ok,the rest realy looks like corn fields to me
but it must be a stadium that u can edit ur self....look at the adboards and banners of 'who ate all the pies'

hires093.jpg

couldnt that jst be the sponsor thing u get in master league?

Chelsea fans threw celery at Fabregas when he was taking the corners in last seasons Carling Cup Final... LOL

The Chelsea fans sing 'celery, celery, if she don't come we'll tickle her bum, with a lump of celery'

fuck knows why, but they do. That's why they chuck it at opposing players.

Seabass must have experienced this and thought it hilarious, and somewhat evident of his deep love of football, so it's been in ever since....

Seabass must have experienced this and thought it hilarious, and somewhat evident of his deep love of football, so it's been in ever since....
LOL! :lol:

The banners are ridiculous.

Hello Mum
Come On!
Go For Glory
Who Ate All The Pies

do Konami really think these make the game more realistic? you would never see banners like that in a real stadium

Hello Mum
Come On!
Go For Glory
Who Ate All The Pies

do Konami really think these make the game more realistic? you would never see banners like that in a real stadium

i think u can edit al these names on the banners...right?

Well, you can't edit them through the game, but it will be possible to edit them in the PC version, since they consist of a banner texture and a text layer.

See:

banners1gh1.png

banners2oc0.png

banners4ex2.png

Good question, I am curious about that as well.
Equally curious if the WENB team has received their promo-copy. I don't think so, else it would have been on the blog...

Equally curious if the WENB team has received their promo-copy. I don't think so, else it would have been on the blog...
So will this game still meet the release date? I', starting to get a little worried

Anyone know if this game has gone GOLD yet?

The game would have been finished weeks ago.
Places have reviewed it, promos are being made currently

Just because WENB haven't got their copy yet doesn't mean the game isn't finished. Have Konami ever announced when PES was 'finished'?

Release date of 26th still stands, been slated in for then for months.

The game would have been finished weeks ago.
Places have reviewed it, promos are being made currently

Just because WENB haven't got their copy yet doesn't mean the game isn't finished. Have Konami ever announced when PES was 'finished'?

Release date of 26th still stands, been slated in for then for months.
Yes, last year they gone gold a month ahead....

Anyone here having the feeling that the game is almost identical to pes6 in terms of gameplay?

Of course not...
** talking to myself ** Why do I react on this ever again? :roll:

Han my main man ;)

Yeh for sure you guys wouldve known about it lol

I was on the phone to the sales team of all people last week, one of the guys is a fan of the blog. He gave me a call as Konami's PR rep is away in Spain for the PES world tourny. He told me he reckons reviewable copies with be ditributed by Friday, so all the websites will have them by early next week. Happy days!

It does confirm one thing though, many magazines have been reviewing unfinished versions. Not drastically different, but with a few issues here and there. I joked with Michael (sales director) that if the game does ship with bugs then you've shafted magazines like OPM, as they didnt mention stuff like slowdown in their review. He said many mags had to visit the offices and spend a few days there to review it, so Im guessing thats what OPM did. Interesting stuff, the world of video games!

Putuco i ment does that mean that us in North America will get the game this year not next year.

Han my main man ;)

Yeh for sure you guys wouldve known about it lol

I was on the phone to the sales team of all people last week, one of the guys is a fan of the blog. He gave me a call as Konami's PR rep is away in Spain for the PES world tourny. He told me he reckons reviewable copies with be ditributed by Friday, so all the websites will have them by early next week. Happy days!

It does confirm one thing though, many magazines have been reviewing unfinished versions. Not drastically different, but with a few issues here and there. I joked with Michael (sales director) that if the game does ship with bugs then you've shafted magazines like OPM, as they didnt mention stuff like slowdown in their review. He said many mags had to visit the offices and spend a few days there to review it, so Im guessing thats what OPM did. Interesting stuff, the world of video games!
Did you ask him if the game has gone gold and more importantly, if the game will be released on time?
Good to hear you finally get the promo-copy. What the Konami-man said about the PR-man was going to Spain sounds typically the same as what I heared last year when calling Konami to ask about their edit-limitations in the 360 version. Do you remember? You talked about it in podcast #3 I guess it was. I wrote about it :) Very similar!

Spain is a nice country: tell him to bring me a promo copy in barcelona. I promise I will not review it.....

P.S.
Can u also ask konami to make a rugby game?? i need to get the ABs to win some world cups

Last edited:

why do konami release shocking demo's then adonis, if the retail release is so much better

Them panicking is a good thing.

Panic, because of how well FIFA was received...

lol probably.

I guess because they could, and thought it would of been received much better than it did. Also because it was doable on the 360 and PC. To be fair, demo's rarely represent the final version 100%. They tend to give you an idea of what to expect. I remember one of the previous Fifa games being a world apart from the demo. Even Fifa 08 on PSN was a disgrace, the final version much, much better.

Dunno if everyones already found out, but just got told you cant edit the back of the shirt :( Im always last to know.

What about those 52 teams on the Master League menu (Virgo, Classics and stuff)... will it be possible to edit them and use them as any regular team, for friendlies, competitions and even ML? It is possible for you to get that information?;)

Hello Mum
Come On!
Go For Glory
Who Ate All The Pies

"Who ate all the pies" is classic.

Did you ask him if the game has gone gold and more importantly, if the game will be released on time?
Good to hear you finally get the promo-copy. What the Konami-man said about the PR-man was going to Spain sounds typically the same as what I heared last year when calling Konami to ask about their edit-limitations in the 360 version. Do you remember? You talked about it in podcast #3 I guess it was. I wrote about it :) Very similar!

Ah yes I remember! But this is very legitimate, thats why the sales guys phoned me to keep me up to date. Very big tourny going on over there.

Like I said on the podcast Han there's no doubt in my mind the game will be released on the 26th Oct. What concerns me is that the PS3 version will be shipped with flaws i.e. slowdown.

Like I said on the podcast Han there's no doubt in my mind the game will be released on the 26th Oct. What concerns me is that the PS3 version will be shipped with flaws i.e. slowdown.

Adonis u seem quite sure that there will be slowdown while you haven't got the final game yet. What made you so sure? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom