WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Reading the PC Action review now...

The new licenses (Turkey, Brazil, Portugal) give hope that in the upcoming PES games less teams with wrong names and pajamas will run on the pitch.

:lol:

Thought the review would be longer, oh well - 9/10.

Last edited:

Hi,
Finally got my copy of FIFA08 on PS3 today with the new price of the Starter Pack.
Just a question for those who have a PS3 : Is the game Multi5 ?
I'm French but I prefer English commentaries ;)
I hope I didn't make a mistake buying this game because all reviews are positives and I'm an unconditionnal PES fan ;)

Hi,
Finally got my copy of FIFA08 on PS3 today with the new price of the Starter Pack.
I hope I didn't make a mistake buying this game because all reviews are positives and I'm an unconditionnal PES fan ;)

What do you mean?

As for the crowd, hope patchers find the file where crowd faces are so we can replace them with our own faces ;)

Hi,
I think if you can't find english commentary in game then someone mentioned earlier that you have to change your PS3 language to English. Then english commentary should run fine ingame. I don't have a PS3 so i'm not sure about it, just passing on info.

I think if you can't find english commentary in game then someone mentioned earlier that you have to change your PS3 language to English. Then english commentary should run fine ingame. I don't have a PS3 so i'm not sure about it, just passing on info.

Thanks Lami (which means in French "The friend") ;).
If someone plays it on PS3 can confirm it would be great !

PS : Oups...Forgot that I was in the PES2008 thread...

Last edited:

Yep american dollars $$$. I'm sure my specs are good enough because i just bought it 7 months ago. Have a look:

specsfr7.jpg

specs2jn5.jpg

where mate? Was it a custom built PC?

I'm watching the Inter - Barca game over at PC Action, its 10 mins and I still havent heard Lawro...

He doesnt speak until HT...

Last edited:

We now know you can use an image to overlay the front of the kits. However, in this example from pc action they use quite a low quality image. I was playing around on photoshop and came up with the main aspects of the liverpool away kit, all in high quality. Surley combined with the adidas preset kit style, we could create a very accurate, authentic looking jersey? what you guys reckon?

I dont see why they havent got more, supposedly they have the licenses for nike, adidas, puma and reebok, surely they should of added their new kit templates as presets so we could create all the new kits. Its like all the balls, on the ball selection there was only adidas wasnt there, and boots.

So whats happened to the others?

Huggz, that would be perfect, to just place that one, dunno if you would need the badge there aswell, as I think you can do it seperately, also PC action took the section of a 'kit' picture, so would stretch, maybe if the picture is detailed enough, the texture would also come out on the game :) Its just getting the rest of the kit to be the same colour.

Hopefully atleast we can edi the sleeves and backs good, what are the number fonts like, got the new prem one? Also I think number 10 only has 2 stripes same as the shorts, as someone mentioned earlier.

Atleast they have vertical stripes. I guess. I can make a poor attempt at Saints kit, cause I cant have the black line down the sleeve :( As far as I know.

I don't get all this "change the screen format to 4:3, spend five hours a day modding kits, faces, stats, turn the music off, mod the title screen etc" in order to make the game BETTER?! This is supposed to be the NEXT GENERATION of gaming! Why the hell should I waste my time doing all that crap? Before I get flamed for having a moan - WHY am I not entitled to having a complaint? I have supported EVERY PES release! That's a lot of hard earned £££! I don't have the time to mod every aspect of the game because the graphics/kits are crap.

Meh! :(

GOAL! was the best game ever for me despite it suffer an automatic tap-in when you are in front of goal (corrected by Dino Dini itself on a recent version), this isn't for Kick Off.

Rumors are talking about an early stage contacts between Dini and some misters X based in London.

End of OFF TOPIC. Sorry. I had to tribute my great love.

All of this kit work is interesting. I was considering PES 2008 for my PS3 as rosters will be easy to transfer, but I may have to keep Windows on my PC and get PES for my PC.

I don't get all this "change the screen format to 4:3, spend five hours a day modding kits, faces, stats, turn the music off, mod the title screen etc" in order to make the game BETTER?! This is supposed to be the NEXT GENERATION of gaming! Why the hell should I waste my time doing all that crap? Before I get flamed for having a moan - WHY am I not entitled to having a complaint? I have supported EVERY PES release! That's a lot of hard earned £££! I don't have the time to mod every aspect of the game because the graphics/kits are crap.

Meh! :(

i totally disagree with u mate ... for me the time i spend in the edit mode is one of the things i love about pro evos

Hi,

heheh nice war3z language :D

i totally disagree with u mate ... for me the time i spend in the edit mode is one of the things i love about pro evos

Me too. I love the Editing side of the game and these new features could turn out to be awesome. As Premier League licenses are just not possible until EA's contract runs out this is the only way to sort out the problem. This problem has nothing to do with 'next-gen', it's a contractual problem with the Premier League.

Me too. I love the Editing side of the game and these new features could turn out to be awesome. As Premier League licenses are just not possible until EA's contract runs out this is the only way to sort out the problem. This problem has nothing to do with 'next-gen', it's a contractual problem with the Premier League.

But they do have adidas,puma,reebok etc licences, so give us templates for all the kits, and we'll make our own....don't piss about making a shirt with a freaking heart on it FFS

Well, I can't read Japanese :) So what's going to be the difference between WE and PES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom