WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Just played the pes 2008 demo again but with diffrent settings. I changed from 4:3 to 16:9 and oh the difference. The game had a slower pace to it and a very realistic one. :D

Therefore the game on widescreen has a guaranteed slower/realistic pace.

A screenshot of my game:

pes2008vp0.jpg

I am not old at all, but everybody who is a regular listener of the podcast has heared a few times that I am only 54 :)

You're kidding, right?
I've got GF6600 myself and I'm playing 1024x768 on medium details and I got STABLE 60fps (except just after goal situation when it drops down for a moment)
There must me somethin wrong with your PC.
What CPU do you have? (I have A64 3000 [only 512MB of RAM BTW])
That's weird... Vista x64 might be interfering. Pentium D 3GHz, 2gb RAM.

LOL. Lami, ignore PMs from anyone saying they have PES2008 and some sweets waiting for you at their house. :nono:

Vista. And 64 bit at that. Bad combo mate, go back to XP :)
It works fantastically well (multithreaded too) with Football Manager, the game I play for most of my life. So it stays. :thumbup:

I'm 31 yo.

My first footy game on Commodore 16 when I was 11 yo. I didn't remember the name, in Italy it named "Campionato". My real first love was Emlyn Huges Int. Soccer on Commodore 64.

LOL. Lami, ignore PMs from anyone saying they have PES2008 and some sweets waiting for you at their house. :nono:

Not sure i can trust myself there... :D

ToaTheBoa said:
You are turning 8 next april. That makes you 7. You'll get it when you've had some more math lessons.

It's 28, Smartass.

Even in Emlyn Hughes you had more control than you have in PES3/4/5/6 ;)
Damn.

I played that one too on the 64 :) Later on ( I think ) the Amiga I played Goal, which was another step forward. Still I think in our memories those games were better that they actually were...

I played that one too on the 64 :) Later on ( I think ) the Amiga I played Goal, which was another step forward. Still I think in our memories those games were better that they actually were...

So true, so true. I also thought Red Sonja and Commando were good films when I was a young boy. How wrong I was.

I'm still there, I've just got my PDA. Chloe is uploading satellite scans as I type so... Oh shit, the Chinese! AND the Russians! AND THOMASGOAL! And they all have nukes! Gotta go!

One of my first footy games which i thought was class.

641947.jpg

615721.jpg

615722.jpg

There is a retro football games thread HERE (before ThomasGOAL has a fit ;)).

Goal! was an excellent game. Liked it more than Sensible Soccer.

Here's something for you kids to look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPM3Pt9ThCo

Last edited:

Mandy will spoil all yours plans JB.

$2000 plus? No way. I have the same stuff he has and got mine for around $500.

500 GBP or American Dollars? Cause he said he has dual core intel with 3 gig of ram, no fucking way your getting a pc like that for $500 and forget the video card at that point...

GOAL! was fantastic on the NES. Loved the music too and the celebration screen! Memories flooding back...

Remember taking a penalty and you controlled the keeper, you could dive before the ball was hit. :)

500 GBP or American Dollars? Cause he said he has dual core intel with 3 gig of ram, no fucking way your getting a pc like that for $500 and forget the video card at that point...

Yep american dollars $$$. I'm sure my specs are good enough because i just bought it 7 months ago. Have a look:

specsfr7.jpg

specs2jn5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom