WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

Its so they have something "new" for next years release. Come on guys, get with it! I already explained the % calculation used for new content on nextgen versions.

Your theory is correct about 'holding' on to things that can be done now so they don't run out of selling points next year, but removing things that have been in before seems very odd. They should try coming up with NEW selling points next year, not old stuff thats re-hashed.

So the front of the kits will be fine but the sleeves, and the backs, and the shorts, and the socks, and the club badges won't. INCREDIBLE, Seabass, you have outdone yourself.

Sorry but that is fucking ridiculous, they give you a photo facility allowing you to import the most accurate kits and faces to date, a fantastic idea, and then their implementation of it renders it completely useless. Blackburn blue and white at the front, all one colour at the back. The guy has no fucking clue, can't Konami do an EA and fire the PES producer's ass every year to try and inject something new into the game?

Last edited:

wait a moment.....i can't make my own stinky 3rd division hometown logo anymore......that sucks!!!!!!! Most of the fun was donwloading options file with different league, now we are stuck with konami preset BS logos??????

Surely the germans are not gonna be very happy. The bundesliga is non editable this year.

P.S.
Maybe we can edit the dog.....

The editing community are NOT going to be happy.

Jeez, WHY CAN'T KONAMI DO THE SIMPLE THINGS? We don't care about Master League dogs, half-time cut scenes at the pub, animal heads and children in the crowd!

Fuck me...They give you a great editing option and then make it completely useless..go figure

So the front of the kits will be fine but the sleeves, and the backs, and the shorts, and the socks, and the club badges won't. INCREDIBLE, Seabass, you have outdone yourself.

Sorry but that is fucking ridiculous, they give you a photo facility allowing you to import the most accurate kits and faces to date, a fantastic idea, and then their implementation of it renders it completely useless. Blackburn blue and white at the front, all one colour at the back. The guy has no fucking clue, can't Konami do an EA and fire the PES producer's ass every year to try and inject something new into the game?

Agreed half assed work from Konami can add the question to the list also like to see Seabass explanation on it.

By the way that liverpool kit reminds of those 10 euros fake uniforms i buy on the beach every year with only 2 stripes.....

Adonis would u mind telling me where all the things you talked about for months have gone?

"This beauty in movement" "Huge Editing" "PS3 leading format".

You do a great job but i start feeling that your "contacts" tends to talk PR crap.

The editing community are NOT going to be happy.

Jeez, WHY CAN'T KONAMI DO THE SIMPLE THINGS? We don't care about Master League dogs, half-time cut scenes at the pub, animal heads and children in the crowd!

:lol:

That second line says it all. PES isn't a simulation anymore, it's a mockery of football and is a shame when you look at how good previous PES games were. Way to go about ruining a franchise ... and the timing of it couldn't be worse with FIFA managing to make a LOT of PES players switch over.

So I guess we'll be able to make kits like this:

fakeie4.png

W.E.N.B. Exclusive: Editing At It's Finest, Hallelujah

From the moment a new WE/PES game hits the market and even a day or two before this community begins working hard at editing to give all the fans what they want, need and demand. What is that you ask? Perfect kits, stats etc etc. The edit mode allows the community this luxury.

A little bit of bad news to get out the way before the great is that its been confirmed to the team that club logos are not editable in PES 2008. This seems strange to me as they have been editable in all the previous versions of the game. But for some reason in PES 2008 you can't edit the club logo.

What we are about to show you we hope to integrate into the W.E.N.B. Option File due for release very very soon. Enjoy it WE/PES fans, it can only get better! Also special thanks to PC Action for helping us out with this one. Couldn't have done it without them. You saw it here first but this is what we are going for and thanks to Kits By Fenners (The PES Armani!!!) its now gonna be as simple as you like with these great templates.

Options Files will be downloaded via PC and then transferred to the PS3 or Xbox 360 via USB Drive (Flash Drive).

Let us know what you think people. We are gonna get more Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea ones out very soon. We just wanted to give you guys a glimpse to the future and a little dose of W.E.N.B. goodness.

Hope thats put a smile on alot of faces. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Much Love,

W.E.N.B. Team

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

EVERYONE on this forum will buy PES 2008 though - Konami win everytime. They make a fortune from churning out the same old sh*t. They get the $£$, we get short-changed.

Good post Jack, putting things into perspective.

EVERYONE on this forum will buy PES 2008 though - Konami win everytime. They make a fortune from churning out the same old sh*t. They get the $£$, we get short-changed.

I'm not sure, you know. I think a lot of recent converts to FIFA will give up on PES now. I'm in two minds whether to buy it, whereas previously it was a no-brainer and I'd buy without question.

Your theory is correct about 'holding' on to things that can be done now so they don't run out of selling points next year, but removing things that have been in before seems very odd. They should try coming up with NEW selling points next year, not old stuff thats re-hashed.

These are full sensed words.

This thread is just full of faces and crap videos that look too fast. I have gathered nothing positive from it. This will be the first PES that I haven't bought on or before the release date. That speaks volumes.

W.E.N.B. Exclusive: Editing At It's Finest, Hallelujah
Considering only the front of the shirt is going to be correct (and you're going to have two-stripe shorts and two-stripe socks that look like they're from Singapore's finest market stalls), I think that's a bit of an exaggeration...

I'm not even the kind of guy who enjoys the editing - I used to be but after doing it for years upon years I just got sick of having so much to correct, it got to the point where it was 3 months editing the game and 1 month playing it before the next version was out, a "Final Evolution" or a "J-League".

You'll get people saying now "gameplay is all that's important" and that's fair enough. But to add something that could really help out the patchers and the guys who love that sort of thing, only to find out that it's a complete waste of space because you can only import photos to one area of the entire kit... It's almost insulting. "Hey guys, look, you can import your kits! Doesn't this look great?! And you thought you couldn't patch the PS3 version - how pleased are you with this? We're so good to you aren't we... HAHAHAHA, GOTCHA!! You wish, you mug!! You can only edit the front!! The sleeves and the backs and the shorts and the socks and the club logos have to be generic ones. But we gotcha good, didn't we? You should have seen the look on your face, classic!"

Last edited:

Thats pretty darn shocking. Make a half arsed kit editor but include full 3d dogs on the master league screen and also show young children in the crowd... what a paedoDogLoving bunch of cunts Seabass and Co are.

Thats pretty darn shocking. Make a half arsed kit editor but include full 3d dogs on the master league screen and also show young children in the crowd...
The dog on the ML screen isn't even full 3D, it's just a rendered graphic. BOYCOTT PES!!!

Last edited:

I agree jack, for years i spent more time checking the daily face/kit/ball and getting obsessed about small details. Now i just wanna play it and i came to like the orginal more than the patched ones.

The hardest thing for the editing guys will be when a shirt has a coloured patch under the sleeve, or down the side of the kit (or a line that runs from front to back). It will be on the front part and then just cut off at the back, where the kit becomes completely plain (or mismatched with some generic-looking thing at least, where only one of the lines meets up and the rest is all over the place).

It's almost like Monty Python, you look at the player running towards you and it looks great, he turns around and he's wearing a different kit on his back. Like he can't decide which shirt to wear. Seriously, it's 2007 now, how the fuck did he think this implementation is a good idea? At all? He might as well have left it out, you can't make one single 100% accurate kit, especially now that there's no templates such as adidas to help you out (seeing as you can't import photos onto the fucking sleeves).

Is Seabass George Bush in disguise?

Last edited:

I'm definitely sticking to the PC version this year with all the unlimited patching options. Now that's heaven ;)

This game has become an absolute joke!! Last gen had a perfect strip and badge editor, but it's all been removed, just like mixing different parts of the kits, editing boots etc etc. It's like a slap on our face. Yeh, we can add all the logos we want in game, and get perfect sponsors, but no, we can't edit the arms and back anymore. And sorry, I won't be playing a ML with Liverpool, if they have some shit Konami designed logo, just like all the other EPL teams.

And talking about ML, what the fuck is up with the dog, Seabass? Sure, we can have a 20 team division 2, but no we can't create any real life Division 2 teams can we? And no bloody Bundesliga!! And what about the ridiculous speed of this game, and the complete like of any innovations in the game engine?? I can go on, and on like this.

Seabass has ruined one of my favorite games. They are not getting any money from me this time around. And yeah, I am pissed off. No next gen footy for me :(

Thank God I'm getting a new PC at the end of the month. I can finally play modern PC games.

Considering only the front of the shirt is going to be correct (and you're going to have two-stripe shorts and two-stripe socks that look like they're from Singapore's finest market stalls), I think that's a bit of an exaggeration...

Hey! We have only the finest replicas here I'll have you know, better than that shite Konami's putting out anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom