WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

ADONIS,is pes 2008 going to be region free? because i'm looking to buy it, i'm from mexico, and have an hdtv with hdmi cable. so, thats why i want to know becuase i dont want to waste my money.

sorry for my english.

Damn, read the thread dude. Go ahead, it is region free BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE PLAYSTATION 3. XBOX360 Users won't be able to play the game...

dammit

the only good thing about this edit mode is the option to import images to edit faces and shirts....all the rest seems worse, cant edit logos, cant edit boots, cant edit shorts, no adidas 3 stripes kits on the edit..etc

The store has been updated with no demo.

They shouldnt bother with it anymore.

Damn, read the thread dude. Go ahead, it is region free BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE PLAYSTATION 3. XBOX360 Users won't be able to play the game...

only if he has a PS3 and a HD lcd, cos with a SD tv it might not work well, the sdtv could show the game in black n white or no image at all.

only if he has a PS3 and a HD lcd, cos with a SD tv it might not work well, the sdtv could show the game in black n white or no image at all.

Yes, he already said that he has and HDTV and HDMI cable, so he will be able.

And yes, the only interesting and nice feature on the game is the image capture. Other than that, edit mode stinks like a pack of sewer rats...

EVERYONE on this forum will buy PES 2008 though - Konami win everytime. They make a fortune from churning out the same old sh*t. They get the $£$, we get short-changed.

I will not be buying PES2008. I didn't buy PES6 either, because I didn't want it to look like I condoned the direction it went in.

FIFA08 has just suddenly captured me, suddenly FIFA plays nice and definitely not as predictably as PES.

Check this shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQP4PaZFmNI

Wonderful keeper animation. Obviously it is a poor keeper judgment, but stuff like tha happens pretty rarely, and it still looks impressive and like it "could happen in real life". ALso note that the ballcollision with the keeper is very subtle (Not like PES where the keeper nudges the ball and still deflects it alot, in FIFA there is room for the small nuances and small deflections aswell.

I hope PES2008 retail proves me wrong though.

Dude thats current gen, get with the program and see how good fifa nextgen is!

Even though i cant stand pes atm, i still wouldnt even bother with fifa for the ps2.

I'll connect my pc to tv and buy a couple of pads (maybe wireless). That should do ;)

Hmmm. Are the pS3 controllers compatible with PC's using a direct cable usb connection?

Will the PS2 controllers be compatible with PC's using the PS3/PS2 Controller adapters?

I am currently able to use my PS2 controllers using this method to play the PC version of PES6.

Damn... it seems everytime I get a new Pes game I'm wondering what good option have they taken out this time, one of these days I'll open the box and find they've taken the game disc out and just put in some photo's of Seasaw and his Staff's showing their dogs off!!

I will not be buying PES2008. I didn't buy PES6 either, because I didn't want it to look like I condoned the direction it went in.

FIFA08 has just suddenly captured me, suddenly FIFA plays nice and definitely not as predictably as PES.

Wonderful keeper animation. Obviously it is a poor keeper judgment, but stuff like tha happens pretty rarely, and it still looks impressive and like it "could happen in real life". ALso note that the ballcollision with the keeper is very subtle (Not like PES where the keeper nudges the ball and still deflects it alot, in FIFA there is room for the small nuances and small deflections aswell.

I am not with you this time, sometimes you win sometimes you lose :lol:... that goal sucks dear Trance_Allstar... if it was PES, all people here would bash the "poor goalkeeping". It is a shot in the middle of goal, please...!!! Anyway what annoys me most is the ball physic when Ronaldinho dribbles it... it is really terrible!!!

Damn... it seems everytime I get a new Pes game I'm wondering what good option have they taken out this time, one of these days I'll open the box and find they've taken the game disc out and just put in some photo's of Seasaw and his Staff's showing their dogs off!!

:lmao: classic!!! :lmao:

:lmao:

I am not with you this time, sometimes you win sometimes you lose :lol:... that goal sucks dear Trance_Allstar... if it was PES, all people here would bash the "poor goalkeeping". It is a shot in the middle of goal, please...!!! Anyway what annoys me most is the ball physic when Ronaldinho dribbles it... it is really terrible!!!

That is FIFA on the PS2. Terrible game.

Try the next gen one mate, it is FAR better. :)

from what i know the demo wont make it into the PSN
because its crap and sony does not want to put it

these are prolly the updates from the next monts

October 11th

* Ratchet and Clank demo

October 18th

* Feel Ski full game
* Pixel Junk Racers full game
* Blast Factor: Advanced Research add on
* Folklore "Kidnapped Folk" add on

October 25th

* EyeCreate full application
* Trials of Topoq full game
* Operation: Creature Feature full game
* Aqua Vita full game
* Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection online add on

November 8th

* Toy Home full game

PS1 games due out during October

* Crash Bandicoot 2
* Crash Bandicoot 3
* Everybody's Golf 2
* Crash Team Racing
* Bust a Groove
* Syphon Filter 3
* Cool Boaders
* Spyro 2
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Thanks, but there is still hope for today right?

Hmmm. Are the pS3 controllers compatible with PC's using a direct cable usb connection?

Will the PS2 controllers be compatible with PC's using the PS3/PS2 Controller adapters?

I am currently able to use my PS2 controllers using this method to play the PC version of PES6.

PS3 pads can be used on the PC once you download drivers :)

sry m8....but that looks horrible:o

Options Files will be downloaded via PC and then transferred to the PS3 or Xbox 360 via USB Drive (Flash Drive).

pool1.jpg

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

:applause:

Yes the way Ronaldinho turned and moved with the ball was absolutely terrible.

That is FIFA on the PS2. Terrible game.

Try the next gen one mate, it is FAR better. :)

Tried the demo on PS3 and honestly I am not impressed. I am not blind and there was an evolution in the gameplay, but still sucks for me. Anyway I think it is a good game and it is on the right direction!

He is closing his eyes while sighing and thinking "What shite have Konami put out for 2008?"

rui costa should be better represented, hes a great player

737.jpg

PS3 pads can be used on the PC once you download drivers :)

Didn't know this and started searching, found the driver but only the start button works.

And in the setting of Konami I can select PS3 controller but nothing changes.

Could you or someone else help me out?

Thx

No idea mate, just worked for me. I plugged it in with my USB cable, and went to the control panel and controller settings, all of my buttons worked and were recognised. Tried it in ZSNES and it worked fine.

is there any use for the sixaxis controller in PES2008?
like throw-ins?

If the gameplay is very close between the PS3/XB360/PC versions of PES2008 and if there is no so big differences between WE2008 and PES2008 , I wont buy any next gen console yet. I will just enjoy this game on my PC.
And I think the edition of the game for the PC will be particulary great.

It seems to be very limitated again from the engine of the game : no adidas template, can't edit the logo ( I can't really believe that, wtf !? ), the faces can be imported but how about the 3D model of the faces ? And how about the adboards, the supporters flags, the limited boots etc...

One thing I always enjoyed about this game is to custom it and to play with my "perfect design" of the game.

If the gameplay is very close between the PS3/XB360/PC versions of PES2008 and if there is no so big differences between WE2008 and PES2008 , I wont buy any next gen console yet. I will just enjoy this game on my PC.
And I think the edition of the game for the PC will be particulary great.

It seems to be very limitated again from the engine of the game : no adidas template, can't edit the logo ( I can't really believe that, wtf !? ), the faces can be imported but how about the 3D model of the faces ? And how about the adboards, the supporters flags, the limited boots etc...

One thing I always enjoyed about this game is to custom it and to play with my "perfect design" of the game.

exactly, thats one of the things why i always loved PES

I am Badgerman from the year 2012

We did shit at the Olynpics.

Wayne Rooney died after eating a 9 stone puff pastry.

I come here with information.

You are on the cusp of a technological breakthrough. You will not see the best out of the next gen (well, your next gen) consoles for another 3 years.

Stop moaning and the like.

ps buy stock in man killing robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom