WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 10/10/07)

How much percentage of the game did OPM review then because they didn't mention any slowdown.

How much percentage of the game did OPM review then because they didn't mention any slowdown.

they never mention the negatives in PES mate. honestly there reviews every year are pathetic!!

that must be a BETA(i hope)

btw i can not find any info on pesfan that someone has the game

Last edited:

I guess the guy got the same version Adonis played in Middlesbrough.
Konami-people assured Adonis that this slowdowns would be removed in the final version. Don't forget the game has gone gold last friday and at that moment Seabass was in Spain, so he might bring the 'middlesbrough' version with him... It was a signed one by Seabass, so it might been just a collecters item.
EDIT: The guy just said he has no HD-TV: Maybe that has influence on slowdowns?

BTW it was a bit strange: the guy who showed that picture said at the first instance that he did not wanted to play until he was finished with some kind of PES 6 tournament. Come on! Such a fanatic player can't wait to play the game and will not wait to do so. Bit suspect that.
The other guy who got one did not have the PS3 for it and couldn't play sofar.
All a bit strange if you ask me...

Last edited:

http://www.consolegoals.com/view_video.php?viewkey=aa5c06772297520da205

i get the impression that he likes PES2008.
gee, i think he has some idea of what he's talkin' about.

...must be gettin' paid.
In that interview was mentioned about the European championship ' next month'.
So this was a month old.
That means he cannot have talked about the full version, because that was not finished yet by then...

Its Rob Mclean the National champion mate.

Its someone else who said that it has slowdown, Mclean said he doesnt have a PS3 to play it on.

Yes, true.
The other guy said he has no HDTV; maybe that causes problems.

lol JB they are holding on to nothing in the hope it will turn out better than the demo/impressions suggest... unless they can do 6 months worth of work in like 2 weeks we wont see any MAJOR Changes.

Jack, that isn't acceptable...
DJ...did you actually played the PS3 demo???

BTW it was a bit strange: the guy who showed that picture said at the first instance that he did not wanted to play until he was finished with some kind of PES 6 tournament. Come on! Such a fanatic player can't wait to play the game and will not wait to do so. Bit suspect that.

Well its actually fairly logical. If he's playing in a tournament (im assuming to win money) he wants to stay in form and to do that he needs to continue his practise. 08 plays so much faster to 6 that he would lose some form due to the different speed/control adjustments which in turn would dimish his chances of winning. Everyone alsways goes on how different it initially feels to play the new game so it would only hinder him. And that slowdown sounds precisely like what i had on pes360.

So I'll have to play the game with slowdowns because I don't have a HDTV. Is that acceptable?

No, it isn't. And it's not logical as well.

Last edited:

Well its actually fairly logical. If he's playing in a tournament (im assuming to win money) he wants to stay in form and to do that he needs to continue his practise. 08 plays so much faster to 6 that he would lose some form due to the different speed/control adjustments which in turn would dimish his chances of winning. Everyone alsways goes on how different it initially feels to play the new game so it would only hinder him. And that slowdown sounds precisely like what i had on pes360.
If you were right, why did he tell that he still tried the game later?
It's a contradiction and that made it suspect for me.

First screen poors: wait for the game in motion
Game in motion poor: early beta
Game demo poor: early version
Latest version slowdowns: game has not gone gold
Final version with limited modes and features: wait for 2009.

I mean how much indulgent can u possibly be for a kompani that has been charging u money for years for a little update here and there????

P.S.
No PS3 demo after a month seems to suggest the game has a lot of problems.

Seabass Takatsuka Arrested On Multiple Charges

Seabass Takatsuka was arrested for lewd conduct, shoplifting, and assault at Classy & Sassy ladies boutique, on Reid street.

Authorities documented in a police report that Seabass Takatsuka entered the Classy & Sassy boutique at approximately 11:15 a.m. After failing to emerge from a ladies dressing room stall, store clerks knocked on the door asking if he was 'ok' or needed assistance. Seabass Takatsuka was then reported to have exited the dressing room wearing high heel shoes, women's thong underwear and matching bra along with a dress wrapped around his head as a hat.

Seabass Takatsuka allegedly began dancing and skipping around the store shouting "I'm a pretty princess" over and over, according to witness reports. When asked by the manager to leave the store, Seabass Takatsuka squatted in the front lobby and defecated on the floor. He then picked up his feces with his hand, took a bite, and asked store patrons if they wanted a bite of his cake to celebrate his birthday.

Clearly becoming a threat to others, one of the female clerks tackled Seabass Takatsuka, and with the assistance of two other women he was restrained until police arrived at the scene.

Mary Smith, one of the store clerks told UJ reporters, "I only weigh 105 pounds and didn't think I could tackle him, but he went down really easily. He's very weak, and very disturbed."

Initial toxicology reports indicate that Seabass Takatsuka was high on a mixture of narcotics and prescription drugs at the time of the incident. Results of a psychological exam to determine if he will face possible jail time or be institutionalized are pending.

Source

I just read the guy can't play online with it!! :shock:
This only can be either a beta-version ( explains slowdown )or an illegal version, which of course also has slowdowns.

No wonder why PES 2009 will improve, Lami. :lol:

Han, are Konami's servers already available? The game won't be officially released before the 25th, so it makes sense if the servers are still unavailable.

Last edited:

No, he hasn't the password and registration code for it, that's the problem and that's why I find it suspect... Normally you find those in the manual, which he obviously hasn't...

Well, that is definitely strange. As you've said, the game he was given isn't probably the final version, which are good news considering the slowdowns.

No, he hasn't the password and registration code for it, that's the problem and that's why I find it suspect... Normally you find those in the manual, which he obviously hasn't...

Promos don't have manuals, that's why ;)
I doubt Seabass would hand him an 'illegal' version :)

Gotta love your eternal optimism though

@ miguel. - Their online servers(assuming PES2008 still runs on Konami servers) work for at least a month before the game comes out, they need to be tested before the game comes out(and the testers ratings are then reset before the game comes out so it doesn't look funny that someone has played a few hundred games before the game has come out)

I never said Seabass gives illegal versions; I said he either got it from Seabass OR he downloaded it illegally.

If he got the promo-copy, he obviously did not get the final version, because that one was not finished when he got it.

I am afraid that the version that he has been given is probably the "final" version, there is no way they would give them a beta version etc at such a high profile event at this very late stage (less than 2 weeks before launch). It also backs up what Seabass was saying earlier about programming difficulties on the PS3, so basically they have done all that they can and released PES2008 on the PS3 so that it comes out at the same time as the 360 version, there is no way Sony would be happy have such a high profile title being delayed on the PS3.

The result is that the PS3 version is going to be inferior to the 360 version, which for us PS3 owners is great shame, but I am getting used to it now as it happened with many other games.

Stop the 'rumors' guys, most of them can't be validated anyway. Just wait till the final game is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom