WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Couple more screenshots I've taken of Pro Evolution not looking "next gen" on my PC...

proevonextgen1mz5.jpg

proevonextgen3uo1.jpg

proevonextgen4zq9.jpg

proevonextgen2my7.jpg

proevonextgen5vd5.jpg

:lmao:

nah definatley doesnt look next gen to me.. Thats why ill stick to the PS3 version.. ;)

Do you have your Anti Aliasing/Antistropic maxed out?

Do you have your Anti Aliasing/Antistropic maxed out?

I have AF on 16x yeah. The only way to get AA working properly is forcing it with nHancer using the Rainbow Six Vegas profile. I've got that on 2x AA - any higher and it starts to chug on replays.

Wow, those graphics are just incredible. If it wasn't for those stupid fucking "CELERY! CELERY!" style banners in the background it would look perfect, and patching will fix that eventually. Absolutely beautiful.

I hope the patchers find a way to fix the gameplay as well though!!

Wow, those graphics are just incredible. If it wasn't for those stupid fucking "CELERY! CELERY!" style banners in the background it would look perfect, and patching will fix that eventually. Absolutely beautiful.

Have you managed to play the PC version Jack? It plays nothing like the 360 demo bizarrely. It's much, much slower for a start. Just as long as V-Sync is enabled anyway. I agree about the banners though - shocking ;)

I agree, fantastic close-ups. How can we get a patched game if we are not pirates and own un-modded consoles?

Why is Rocha in the Portugal squad?

:lol:

Mr Bauer, it still may be more fun to play than Fifa!

And I'm enjoying Fifa 08 currently: good game.

Couple more screenshots I've taken of Pro Evolution not looking "next gen" on my PC...

proevonextgen1mz5.jpg

It's amazing that it takes modders/patchers to make the game look nice. That pitch texture does all the difference for the graphics. The default pitch makes it look like you are playing on a field (and not a football field... :)), and just that one texture ruins 90% of the feel/atmosphere of the game.

It's amazing that it takes modders/patchers to make the game look nice. That pitch texture does all the difference for the graphics. The default pitch makes it look like you are playing on a field (and not a football field... :)), and just that one texture ruins 90% of the feel/atmosphere of the game.

True - the pitch is arguably the most important graphical feature and year after year they balls it up! It would take them 10 minutes flat to put something like that together. Put Konami's pitch texture on Fifa 08 and that would look like a PS2 game too ;)

Mr Bauer, it still may be more fun to play than Fifa!

And I'm enjoying Fifa 08 currently: good game.
I won't argue with you, different strokes for different folks. I haven't actually tried it on PC (I don't know if it would be powerful enough; GeForce 6600), but I didn't like the 360 demo. But it's like with the FIFA demo, if the final version is different then... Who knows. Bit daft releasing a demo at all really - well, I mean, you wouldn't think that to look at this forum, plenty of people love it, but within my circle of friends (including many fanboys that would put ThomasGOAL to shame) they found it really bad. For us, it would have been a better move not to release a demo - but obviously there's people who love it so, what do we know.

Personally, I feel like I've completed the game already eight times and that the game hasn't moved on in eight years (yes the gameplay is better but if you won the Premiership for the last seven years straight why win it again, just because this time the passes are a bit more free, and then next year because the shooting is a bit more accurate, and then the year after that because heading has been tweaked?). But that is only my opinion, and if this 20-league ML has "TeamVision" and it's amazing, then I might give it a second look (and I'll have to try the PC demo).

Well I just tried the PES demo again and it's simply AWFUL in my opinion. If the final game is ANYTHING like it I don't think I'll even bother buying PES this year. :(

great:).....so this alsow means u wont be on pes2008 threads anymore right?

From eurogamer:

Sony Japan has revealed that the 40GB PS3 will be available across the region in Ceramic White and standard black, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

It will cost JPY 39,980 (GBP 168 / EUR 242) and be available from 11th November, alongside a separate White DualShock 3 controller for JPY 5500 (GBP 23 / EUR 33).

Holy crap PS3 for 242 euros??? now if it is region free I am gonna ask at the sushi restaurant where I eat tempura to get me one of those ceramic white, which i figure must be the new white......

From eurogamer:

Sony Japan has revealed that the 40GB PS3 will be available across the region in Ceramic White and standard black, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

It will cost JPY 39,980 (GBP 168 / EUR 242) and be available from 11th November, alongside a separate White DualShock 3 controller for JPY 5500 (GBP 23 / EUR 33).

Holy crap PS3 for 242 euros??? now if it is region free I am gonna ask at the sushi restaurant where I eat tempura to get me one of those ceramic white, which i figure must be the new white......

You will be fine with games, but forget about movies on Blu Ray since Japanese PS3 is NTSC and you have PAL in Europe... movies are not region free on Blu Ray (if I am wrong correct me please).

Also that Lite version have no card readers, no PS2 emulation at all and 2 USB ports less... just FYI! :)

Still it is 157 euros less than the one they sell here after the price cut. WTF they spend 242, we spend 399???

:shock: That pitch looks Ace!

I definately need to upgrade my PC for this game. Anyone know of a cheap nice and strong video card?

Isn't it possible to create an OF on the PS2 version and import it to the PS3?

You will be fine with games, but forget about movies on Blu Ray since Japanese PS3 is NTSC and you have PAL in Europe... movies are not region free on Blu Ray (if I am wrong correct me please).

Also that Lite version have no card readers, no PS2 emulation at all and 2 USB ports less... just FYI! :)

Some blu ray films are region free.

prolly the worst face of PES2008 i have seen yet
Zlatan has a baby face
i realy hope its possible to overwrite ingame faces with selfmade faces.

serieA176.jpg

But the other hand this Cruz face is realy good...almost perfect:)

serieA188.jpg

Last edited:

Back on topic, after checking last pictures of "other teams" on WENB, here is the full list:

Bayern Munchen (Germany)
Anderlecht (Belgium)
Brugge (Belgium)
Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) *
FC Kobenhavn (Denmark)
HJK Helsinki (Finland) *
Olympiakos (Greece)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
AEK (Greece) *
Rosenborg (Norway)
Wisla Cracovia (Poland) *
Benfica (Portugal)
Porto (Portugal)
Sporting Lisboa (Portugal)
Spartak Moskva (Russia) *
Lokomotiv Moskva (Russia) *
Celtic (Scotland)
Glasgow Rangers (Scotland)
FK Crvena Zvezda (Serbia) *
AIK Solna (Sweden) *
Hammarby (Sweden) *
Helsingborg (Sweden) *
IFK Goteborg (Sweden) *
Basel 1893 (Switzerland) *
Besiktas (Turkey)
Fenerbahce (Turkey)
Galatasaray (Turkey)
Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)
River Plate (Argentina)
Internacional (Brazil) *

* new teams

Disappeared from PES6:

Boca Juniors (Argentina)
Sparta Praha (Czech Republic)
Djurgardens IF (Sweden)
Sao Paulo (Brazil)

So we have new 14 teams and 4 deleted. At least they can say they added some new teams :lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol: however some of them sucks (no offense to Swedish people please!).

Edit: Junka, I think you can update faces since when you see the pictures on PCAction the normal players of the game have the camera logo at the left of "head" option. Check this out:

serieA008.jpg

Last edited:

i thought Boca were licensed...

My first customers to have new faces will be Gilardino and Maldini, damn.... those are other guys on the game :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom