WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

I'am sorry if people perceive me in a negative way.
I'd like to point out I'am a big footy games fan. This is actually only kind of games I play.
I only share what I feel, without force my feelings biasing a format over another, be sure.
Between PES and FIFA I played only PES, never owned FIFA.

My only aim is to achieve a real good football game whoever it come from.

I'm sure you, Putuco, are in good faith doing your comment. :)

Hello dejavu,

did you try FIFA08?

and don't forget my friend, tommorow the PS3 -> 399€

;)

Well I just tried the PES demo again and it's simply AWFUL in my opinion. If the final game is ANYTHING like it I don't think I'll even bother buying PES this year. :(

7360c0f3aa.jpg

He's a bit young to be getting his prostate examined!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well I just tried the PES demo again and it's simply AWFUL in my opinion. If the final game is ANYTHING like it I don't think I'll even bother buying PES this year. :(

I guess the game is gonna be a bit like the demo, so then u dont have to buy the game. Congrats on saving some money!

How easy is it going to be to get all the teams and leagues right, will we be able to edit everything we need to, got used to just using others patches or OF's... Not sure how that's going to pan out on the PS3?

Hello dejavu,

did you try FIFA08?

and don't forget my friend, tommorow the PS3 -> 399€

;)

Hello mate, I tried PC version and before I know there is two different version. I didn't play it in depth, I'll try PS3 version.
Yes, I remember. I'm waiting for PES2008 bundle at MediaWorld. ;)

I'm sure you, Putuco, are in good faith doing your comment. :)

Well, take it easy, the problem is that I honestly don't understand why some people just come here to spread negativity. You are right with your comments, but honestly people like charlievolano or Plan M by sure does a lot of free time to bash again and again and again the game. I also criticize the game, but for sure I point what is good in the series. If the forum were only charlie, Plan M or you, any guy who comes here can think about PES like a 10/100 game. I don't want biased people or fanboys who suck the d*** of "you know who" (S******) but also a bit of neutrality would be great. At least I respect your points because you make good observations on the game and also you try to not be so repetitive. You have my respect and a lot of people here I suppose think the same...

What is really funny is the fact that finally all of us will buy PES (probably Trance_Allstar not :lol:) and play it to death since FIFA is not really a completely fun game, although they have improved the game a lot. All those that bash the game so hard by now will have the title on his console/PC on the 25th... oh well, that is not the point I think but I want to say it :lmao:

Well, take it easy, the problem is that I honestly don't understand why some people just come here to spread negativity. You are right with your comments, but honestly people like charlievolano or Plan M by sure does a lot of free time to bash again and again and again the game. I also criticize the game, but for sure I point what is good in the series. If the forum were only charlie, Plan M or you, any guy who comes here can think about PES like a 10/100 game. I don't want biased people or fanboys who suck the d*** of "you know who" (S******) but also a bit of neutrality would be great. At least I respect your points because you make good observations on the game and also you try to not be so repetitive. You have my respect and a lot of people here I suppose think the same...

What is really funny is the fact that finally all of us will buy PES (probably Trance_Allstar not :lol:) and play it to death since FIFA is not really a completely fun game, although they have improved the game a lot. All those that bash the game so hard by now will have the title on his console/PC on the 25th... oh well, that is not the point I think but I want to say it :lmao:

Fair enough.
Anyway I think that the sum of charlievolano&C. + optimist people + balanced/neutral people, give the thread its value.

Last edited:

Hello mate, I tried PC version and before I know there is two different version. I didn't play it in depth, I'll try PS3 version.
Yes, I remember. I'm waiting for PES2008 bundle at MediaWorld. ;)

IMO the best is to take the Starter Pack (new price 499€) then sell the two games (50-60€) so you have a PS3 60Go model with backup compatibility and 2 pads (which equals 439€) instead of the "light" one for 399€.
About FIFA08 on PC I tried it and uninstalled it after 4 games because it'"s the same crappy game as FIFA07 on PC.
All testers are telling me that this year in term of simulation FIFA08 is better. But the responsiveness of PES has no equal.
I have 120€ and I'm gonna buy both. Then make my own opinion.

I like 25th of october !

IMO the best is to take the Starter Pack (new price 499€) then sell the two games (50-60€) so you have a PS3 60Go model with backup compatibility and 2 pads (which equals 439€) instead of the "light" one for 399€.
About FIFA08 on PC I tried it and uninstalled it after 4 games because it'"s the same crappy game as FIFA07 on PC.
All testers are telling me that this year in term of simulation FIFA08 is better. But the responsiveness of PES has no equal.
I have 120€ and I'm gonna buy both. Then make my own opinion.

PES2008+PS3_40gb on sale for 430 euros on www.fnac.com, a France shop. Not bad. I don't care about retro compatibility you know. :)

Little bit different me thinks.
1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.
2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?
3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.
4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?
5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?
6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.
7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?
8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

I will give my 5 pennies worth, not starting a row or anything just my opinion on what I would ask.

1. Does it really matter, i am sure he wont know anyway as he will go with his we build on a PC and then convert etc, it took them 5 goes on the PS2 to get to where they are (and I am impressed by what they have achieved on that console). I would ask why they are not taking the enhancements of Blue Ray and DVD to include more stadiums / slots etc / Stadium Builders etc

2. Superb!

3. Again is it that important, I think we all acknowledge that its root is PS2 but as Konami are a money machine like all other developers they will develop for my toothbrush if they can..

4. I would also include SWOS and give him a copy on floppy disk as I still think as a one player experience there was nothing quite likegoing up the divisions with my no-hopers to win the cup and league.

5. I would add with pressure controlled length of pass, i would love to be able to just drop the ball the other side of a defender and see Owen outpace him etc.

6. I would change it and question why he is so concerned about it, obviously it helps to sell the game but he has the cover stars etc and if he concentrated on the country teams and allowed slots and editing to sort out the rest the community would solve the rest, thats what we really want.

7. And why are all the goal posts the same, has he watched football!!

8. Superb!

My final question would be that Konami released a Pro Evo Soccer Management sim, why was this not integrated into Pro Evo allowing the user to play the games rather than simulate this as it seems like a complete waste and could be with some tweaks the chnges to the Master League we all want.

as I said just my thoughts on what I would ask him based on Adonis's original questions.

I've played PES since PES1/PS2 (got my PS2 from my first salary) and enjoyed even PES6/360 quite a lot.
On the PS2 its limits were reached (almost) with PES3, so I didn't expect any huge differences (Gameplay/graphics) for PES4/5/6, but the game still got better (subtle, but important changes)

PES 6/360 is a rushed version, but I like the pace/AI. So I was hoping even more to get the "real deal" this year.
But it seems we are getting what we should have got last year: tweaked gameplay, some more animations, full edit mode.

I was happy with 8 direction movement on the PS2, but the new engine is too close to the old one:
- animations really look dated (especially in FAR view, closeups are looking good for some reason...)
- 8 direction movement is even more visible (-> someone knows the game SNAKE)

I don't play single player campaigns, so ML isn't that important to me. But there are lots of singleplayer gamers out there...
And adding just 12 teams to the 2nd division isn't a big deal.
Why didn't they add the Spanish/French/Italian 2nd divs ? As far as I know they have the licenses. For the English/German leagues there are licensing problems, so it may not Konami's fault here...

Don't get me wrong, I'll get PES2008 as I did the years before. I'm sure I'll enjoy it (as I did last year)
But I can understand the dissapointment around here....

PES2008+PS3_40gb on sale for 430 euros on www.fnac.com, a France shop. Not bad. I don't care about retro compatibility you know. :)

I know but +20Go and a pad (50€) is very interesting.
- PS3 + 40Go + 1 pad = 399€
- PS3 + 60Go + 2 pads = 439€

My final question would be that Konami released a Pro Evo Soccer Management sim, why was this not integrated into Pro Evo allowing the user to play the games rather than simulate this as it seems like a complete waste and could be with some tweaks the chnges to the Master League we all want.
I like that - great question.

I ask lots of questions and am generally worried about PES 2008. SORRY that I don't constantly praise it but do you know why I don't? BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO PRAISE apart from the fantastic players' faces and great commentary. I HOPE I am proved wrong with the final version. :roll:

I like that - great question.

Don't forget that PES manager was absolute rubbish though, and a real management sim is no good without licenses or real currency anyway!

In Valhalla/Heaven/Idaho:

PES new engine + Fifa licenses (and manual control) + Football Manager database = dumped girlfriends world wide.

Questions for the ones who played the latest version of the game: what's the substantial difference in gameplay between pes 2008 and pes6 in terms of multiplayer game because i honestly i don't see much of a difference by playing the demo (a part from the speed) and the team vision is more of a single player experience.

Don't forget that PES manager was absolute rubbish though, and a real management sim is no good without licenses or real currency anyway!

In Valhalla/Heaven/Idaho:

PES new engine + Fifa licenses (and manual control) + Football Manager database = dumped girlfriends world wide.
It doesn't have to be hugely in-depth though, just... More in-depth than it is now. Plus it could even be one of those things you switch on or off. It's just convincing Konami that it's a good idea, but it seems to me that their first and only concern is the Japanese audience - and from what I gather, they think it's great to have a team with Beckham, Pele and Maradona, with little work involved apart from the football on the pitch. I have no problem with that but they could put a lot more options in to satisfy a lot more people (along with an "assistant manager does everything" option if you don't want the extra duties). I hate to say "FIFA's management mode is great" but... Well, it is (apart from dodgy transfer prices and wages, I think an exchange rate has gone wrong somewhere).

I mean, I'm just glad they've expanded the ML to 20 teams, top-league and bottom-league. I didn't think it would ever happen, and from the way Seabass describes it in that interview ("I've wanted to add it for years and years, oh finally we've got 20 teams in the ML"), it nearly didn't. It took you 8 years to add more league spaces? How long is it going to take for your game to use real money instead of PES points? If that takes another 10 years, I dread to think how long it will be until we can change jobs in the ML. 100 years??

Three simple things that I've been complaining to Konami about since 2000, and only now has one of them been implemented. I don't think they're lazy, I just think they only listen to the Japanese market. If they want mud-wrestling mini-games at half time, they will get it in PES2009. If we want one lower league per country, we can piss off, basically.

Last edited:

It doesn't have to be hugely in-depth though, just... More in-depth than it is now. Plus it could even be one of those things you switch on or off. It's just convincing Konami that it's a good idea, but it seems to me that their first and only concern is the Japanese audience - and from what I gather, they think it's great to have a team with Beckham, Pele and Maradona, with little work involved apart from the football on the pitch. I have no problem with that but they could put a lot more options in to satisfy a lot more people (along with an "assistant manager does everything" option if you don't want the extra duties). I hate to say "FIFA's management mode is great" but... Well, it is (apart from dodgy transfer prices and wages, I think an exchange rate has gone wrong somewhere).

I mean, I'm glad they've expanded the ML to 20 teams, top-league and bottom-league. I didn't think it would ever happen, and from the way Seabass describes it in that interview ("I've wanted to add it for years and years, oh finally we've got 20 teams in the ML"), it's like... Wow. It took you this long? How long is it going to take for your game to use real money instead of PES points? Another ten years?

Yeah, I get the sense Seabass isn't really calling the shots. He is the producer (right?) and so it seems kind of weird reading his comments. What took him so long? If he wants to get something done, just get it done. Obviously it is impossible for me to know the circumstances, but I wish he'd clarified those too.

It's just PR-nonsense from him, to make us believe that the ML has improved...

Fair enough.
Anyway I think that the sum of charlievolano&C. + optimist people + balanced/neutral people, give the thread its value.

I don't think that moaners that are around the same thing again and again and again and again (I don't like the game, it is the same shit, it is pinball, it is too fast bla bla bla to the end of the world) give any value to the thread, as well the fanboys/Seabass d*** suckers... :lmao:

I know but +20Go and a pad (50€) is very interesting.
- PS3 + 40Go + 1 pad = 399€
- PS3 + 60Go + 2 pads = 439€

or

-PS3 + 60Go + 2 pads + 2 games = 499€

I don't think that moaners that are around the same thing again and again and again and again (I don't like the game, it is the same shit, it is pinball, it is too fast bla bla bla to the end of the world) give any value to the thread, as well the fanboys/Seabass d*** suckers... :lmao:

For what I saw charlie's moan isn't senseless, only he's got frustrated with the game, probably he sometimes has hammered the thread but his moans are justified from my point of view, probably because I share with him .
When moan is sensed and well-aimed we could accept IMO.

Last edited:

Not played any of the demos so I have no clue but is the stupid shoot button still press for height, because that would have to be tacked onto the end of one of the questions... why in all that is sane, do it that way??

Played and enjoyed pro demo on 360. looking forward to ps3 full version.

hardcore pro evo fan but bought fifa 08 ps3 and i have to say i'm enjoying it immensely. manager mode is awesome. the bar has been raised by fifa although i expect when pro arrives i will be back on pro.

one thing surely noone can argue is that the gap between the two is closing. this can only be a good thing for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom