WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Ruliweb: The game will be released in almost any platform possible. Is there any difficulty in doing so?

Seabass: To be frank, there isn't any specially-added difficulty just because we're releasing it for all the platforms. The game is being developed on a PC and and we port it to each different console. So there is not too much trouble in doing it

I thought PS3 was the main development unit?

Because of that statement is why I am inclining on getting the PC version instead. I just have a feeling that that particular one will be better in terms of overall package. Besides, patching capabilities will be open for it as well.

Adonis

can we change the player face ( not create new one ) .. change the star player for example (ronaldo) coz if we can .. we have to collect picZ for all the stars player .. it's like we make a face but this time in the game.

Ruliweb: The game will be released in almost any platform possible. Is there any difficulty in doing so?

Seabass: To be frank, there isn't any specially-added difficulty just because we're releasing it for all the platforms. The game is being developed on a PC and and we port it to each different console. So there is not too much trouble in doing it

LOL Looks like everyone got that one wrong! still no mention of these so called ps3 exclusives either.. :)

Second PES 2008 verdict: "Essential"

Xbox World says PES 2008 has "perfectly balanced" gameplay, but the controls are a bit rubbish
The first review of PES 2008 arrives this week in Xbox World 360 magazine and as usual it looks like Konami's footy effort has managed to beat out FIFA.

XBW gave PES an impressive 92 out of 100, praising the game's "perfectly balanced" gameplay and calling it "an essential purchase for all football fans." High praise indeed.

Here's a clip: "Even with its faults, PES 2008 is unquestionably a better game than its predecessors. It may be lacking in a couple of areas (hell, they needed to justify next year's PES 2009 after all...) but PES 2008 remains far more than a yearly update.

"The game now thrives off its speed and, as a result, dull matches are all but extinct," says reviewer Mathew Pellett. "While it's easier to lose the ball, it's also easier to fly in and win it back. Sliding tackles are a cinch to pull off, so long as you're sensible about it."

So it sounds like Konami's is the footy game to go for this Christmas then, though XBW does note that the lack of analogue controls is a "massive oversight", so there's something to improve for next year.

Read the full review in the Issue 58 of the mag, on sale this Thursday.

true..these days all games are developed on PC,but with the console power :)
@shilam0unainai shipping wil start early,i know a palce here in Holland that i can get the game on 23th( i hope). Official retailers are allowed to sell ONLY on 25th.

@jflores deffo gonna get the game on PS3:),i have a 360 but the game just does not feel right playing it(has to do something with the controller i think)

@Holy ghost ps3 games are region free

Last edited:

Second PES 2008 verdict: "Essential"

Xbox World says PES 2008 has "perfectly balanced" gameplay, but the controls are a bit rubbish
The first review of PES 2008 arrives this week in Xbox World 360 magazine and as usual it looks like Konami's footy effort has managed to beat out FIFA.

XBW gave PES an impressive 92 out of 100, praising the game's "perfectly balanced" gameplay and calling it "an essential purchase for all football fans." High praise indeed.

Here's a clip: "Even with its faults, PES 2008 is unquestionably a better game than its predecessors. It may be lacking in a couple of areas (hell, they needed to justify next year's PES 2009 after all...) but PES 2008 remains far more than a yearly update.

"The game now thrives off its speed and, as a result, dull matches are all but extinct," says reviewer Mathew Pellett. "While it's easier to lose the ball, it's also easier to fly in and win it back. Sliding tackles are a cinch to pull off, so long as you're sensible about it."

So it sounds like Konami's is the footy game to go for this Christmas then, though XBW does note that the lack of analogue controls is a "massive oversight", so there's something to improve for next year.

Read the full review in the Issue 58 of the mag, on sale this Thursday.

Sounds good. Hoop the controls in PS3 version are a bit better.

I have few questions :
1, Shirt pulling , does it have any effect? In demo almost no, Does it have effect in full version ? I mean if I want to pull shirt of player that is running away from me , I would like to do so hard he goes to the ground, and I will get a card f.e., but now it seems like shirt pulling doesnt have any effect
2, why stats are not updated ? Its nonsense to see how good is still Adriano , Shevcenko etc. Messi f.e. is too weak when I compare him to real life Messi
3, why still do have big players like Adriano so much advantage compared to small players like Messi ? Try to compare them in real life. I mean in PES6 u take Adriano or Ibrahimovic and u can go through 6 defenders. Dont u think that BALANCE is taking far too big part in the game ? f.e. Ayala as def. is almost useless when someone like Adriano is going 1 on 1 with him, which is nonsense. In PES 2008 demo its almost the same.
Sorry 4 my english

Few hundred pages ago i said the same thing based on a last year interview but everyone came to say "no ps3 is the leading format". Well i am glad we clarify that.

Few hundred pages ago i said the same thing based on a last year interview but everyone came to say "no ps3 is the leading format". Well i am glad we clarify that.

:lol:

6 months = 511 pages!

Btw i can't wait to score a goal and see the kid celebrating......

Looking at the new pics on the blog I still don't see the 250 teams that Seabass is referring to...

Little bit different me thinks.

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.

2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?

3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.

4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?

8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

excellent list adonis

I'd definitely add a question on the stadiums though. Why in hell only 15?? what are the plans for the future in this regard?

Because of that statement is why I am inclining on getting the PC version instead. I just have a feeling that that particular one will be better in terms of overall package. Besides, patching capabilities will be open for it as well.
I played the PC Demo and its smoothhhh on my machine. I am half tempted to get it for the PC for the same reasons as you jflores. The problem is id rather sit on the couch in front of my 50"HD TV rather than sit at my desk and play it on a 19" TFT :)

does an1 know exactly when konami will start to give pes at shops? i mean shops will have it before the 25th as always.when does konami opens the door? please any1 with info?
How old are you?Can you stop writting in that skanky mobile text please.

I played the PC Demo and its smoothhhh on my machine. I am half tempted to get it for the PC for the same reasons as you jflores. The problem is id rather sit on the couch in front of my 50"HD TV rather than sit at my desk and play it on a 19" TFT :)

My laptop has HDMI out so I might do both!

Little bit different me thinks.

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.

2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?

3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.

4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?

8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

Errrrrrr... Where's ML?

Please let's think about Dida of AC Milan, as he continues his recovery:

n687945225_1424710_2876.jpg

The list is very good but the PR who is gonna screen it is gonna take away 2 and 4 for sure, and get u to rephrase 7 and 8.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom