WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Thanks for clarifying that for me mate. ;-)

Wonder why they used the 360 icons and not the PS3? :-k

I hope all the versions are the same all across the board gameplay wise. I say this because being that I live in the US, I can only get the PS3 or PC version. And considering the fact that my PC needs some serious upgrading, I can only go with the PS3 version.

The gameplay is still too fast, however it has improved since the demo..this, I can see based on that recent videos.

Acceleration 90? Haha, good stuff

I cant imagine playing PES without changing the stats (Xbox360 last year must have been torture)

That interview was rubbish in my opinion!

This made me laugh:

Ruliweb: Do you plan to add coach's appearances or his goal celebrations?

Seabass: You can see a coach and subs in the bench in 2008. There are no coach's goal celebrations but in a (normal) goal celebration, you can sometimes see a child in the stand.

:shock:

I laughed pretty hard when I read that, too. Abstract isn't the word.

Thanks for clarifying that for me mate. ;-)

Wonder why they used the 360 icons and not the PS3? :-k

Easy really mate, Microsoft. The 360 and PC...simple.

So you can add images to the shirt and not layers. What a groundbreaking idea.

the guy interviewed by jeuxvideo says next year they can improve the game in detail as now they concentrated on the transmition to next gen,the online play is so popular there servers have problems dealing with it,they are ready to negotiate about licences as they become available.
but at the end he says something of a surprise,hope something interesting.
and i hope pc action shows the (only)12 shirts soon,and they have some with horizontal and vertical stripes.

So you can add images to the shirt and not layers. What a groundbreaking idea.

Maybe you can add images so they look like layers?
Logos look very resizable compared to previous versions of PES, so maybe it's possible on some shirts to make it look half decent

Not perfect, but I'll make the best of a bad siuation :)

This is true, I still can't believe that an idea I posted at PESFAN made it in, I mean it didnt even get selected to be put forward there but still, makes me happy :D

If you look at that pc action logo it isnt even the largest the jpg can be, and yet stretched it almost reaches both sides of the shirt. Very promising i just hope we can stretch it to the sleeves also.

Ok guys, just me playing around really but hopefully this might be useful to a few of you.

I just wanted to workout how large the area for the jpg map would stretch here are my findings, quite promising.

What are your thoughts on this?

hmmmwg4.jpg

the guy interviewed by jeuxvideo says next year they can improve the game in detail as now they concentrated on the transmition to next gen,the online play is so popular there servers have problems dealing with it,they are ready to negotiate about licences as they become available.
but at the end he says something of a surprise,hope something interesting.
and i hope pc action shows the (only)12 shirts soon,and they have some with horizontal and vertical stripes.

Its a start I guess, maybe the surprise is that they actually tell who the 250 teams are.

More leagues...

still the stats are some way of...but i gotta compliment Konami for these black player faces,they look suberb,and they even wil look 10x better on my PS3 720P/1080I on my HD 50'Plasma:)

pes191.jpg

pes150.jpg

pes207.jpg

pes216.jpg

pes219.jpg

It's worth remembering that in this game we are supposed to be controlling the superstars of world football - kaka, ronaldo, messi, ronaldinho - these guys are pro footballers who can accurately make 99% of the intended passes (obviously less for longer balls)...IMHO switching to 100% manual passes would disturb thye flow of the game and lead to a higher percentage (an unrealistic percenage) of moves breaking down. therefore negatively changing the game experience. maybe there is a happy medium - an equilibrium of passing style!..but for me i like the way you can ping passes around naturally.

This is one area that FIFA is ahead of PES and EA have implemented 360 passing in an intelligent way.

You are given 3 options for passing:
(1) normal scritped passing, just like PES
(2) semi-manual passing
(3) fully manually passing where you determine the direction and speed of the pass all by yourself.

You have similar options for lobbed passes, through-balls and shooting.

It's a completeley natural and intuitive implementation and the added bonus is that if you begin to find the game too easy (the way that everyone starts complaining 6* in PES is too easy), switch everything to manual and suddenly you have a far more difficult game on your hands that requires a whole new level of skill, the real beauty of which is when you do finally pull off a fantastic move and goal manually, you know it was all down to you.

PES currently has the RAS for so-called manual passing but it is so unnatural and counter-intuitive - it's an appauling implementation.

Konami, just copy FIFA!! They got it right so copy it, the same way EA have copied half the good stuff from PES.

I want one!!!

:shock::shock::shock:
Bloody hell, that looks well cool! I think I migt get one... but I'm buying mine in June, so hopefully there will be some left.

It does say This Is My Game on it and thats the name of the French site...

:shock::shock::shock:
Bloody hell, that looks well cool! I think I migt get one... but I'm buying mine in June, so hopefully there will be some left.

Like hell:(
thing is a limted edition

that looks awful
it was uploaded by a user..
the sony logo was replaced by a pes one
the playstation logo looks like crap, for being the lowest layer under the blue painting

...and people say they would buy this?

lulz

As far as I can tell, that's an image someone uploaded to take part in the "Show you love for PES" contest. So probably just someone made up then...

That went person went to extreme lengths then because it looks very real to me. The way PES logo reflets onto the power buttons bit and the way the way the everything has realistic shawdows...

This is one area that FIFA is ahead of PES and EA have implemented 360 passing in an intelligent way.

You are given 3 options for passing:
(1) normal scritped passing, just like PES
(2) semi-manual passing
(3) fully manually passing where you determine the direction and speed of the pass all by yourself.

You have similar options for lobbed passes, through-balls and shooting.

It's a completeley natural and intuitive implementation and the added bonus is that if you begin to find the game too easy (the way that everyone starts complaining 6* in PES is too easy), switch everything to manual and suddenly you have a far more difficult game on your hands that requires a whole new level of skill, the real beauty of which is when you do finally pull off a fantastic move and goal manually, you know it was all down to you.

PES currently has the RAS for so-called manual passing but it is so unnatural and counter-intuitive - it's an appauling implementation.

Konami, just copy FIFA!! They got it right so copy it, the same way EA have copied half the good stuff from PES.
Yep, I fully agree with this. I wrote kind-of review in Dutch on 'my' site ( pesonly ) and I almost said literally the same.
If you use FIFA's controlls for attacking and PES' contolls for defending, you are close to perfect gameplay :)

Little bit different me thinks.

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.

2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?

3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.

4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?

8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

That latest video looks much better than footage I had seen previously. The commentary is superb - I really like Jon Champion in real life, he's a great ITV commentator.

Gameplay still too fast for my liking but it did seem slower. I can't get over some of the players' faces - they are SUPERB. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom