WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

...and if the passing is not perfect, you may say it is too scripted ;)

Maybe it never happened to you that you aim a pass at one player and it goes to a completely different one, but it happens to me due to their simplistic 8 direction pass.

Or a lot of time i wanted to pass the ball much deeper but i could not do it.

Things like this will open up the game and make it more enjoyble.

I agree with you that 360 degree control would make a huge difference in gameplay, see FIFA. That's one of the questions I sended to WENB for Seabass :)

That interview was rubbish in my opinion!

This made me laugh:

Ruliweb: Do you plan to add coach's appearances or his goal celebrations?

Seabass: You can see a coach and subs in the bench in 2008. There are no coach's goal celebrations but in a (normal) goal celebration, you can sometimes see a child in the stand.

:shock:

That interview was rubbish in my opinion!

This made me laugh:

:shock:

It is a perfect FIFA-old dark age-style interview. Probably in past years Seabass has massively exposed to FIFA's ray.

Your new avatar, I admit, is not so bad :)

Last edited:

It is a perfect FIFA-old dark age-style interview. Probably in past years Seabass has massively exposed to FIFA's ray.

Your new avatar, I admit, is not so bad :)

:D

Just read the interview...sometimes i wonder who those people that are asking the questions are...i would have asked different questions..
Most of the questions are not what pre-occupy the average PES gamer...

Just read the interview...sometimes i wonder who those people that are asking the questions are...i would have asked different questions..

I agree.

I'm afraid interview like this has driven by the interviewed. You can bet on this.

I would ask:

"Why is the Master League nothing like real football leagues? You Japenese might think it's a good idea but the rest of the World doesn't like it."

"Why can't you implement things like online leagues? ALL OTHER companies are doing it - why can't you? You are a professional video game company, right?"

"Why can't you keep things that were GREAT in the past games? For example, in PES 5 we could choose which set of shirts/shorts/socks we use when playing. This was taken out on PES 6 on the Xbox 360. Why?"

"Talking of next-generation consoles, why don't you push the PS3 and 360 to their absolute limits? We felt that PES6 was nothing more than a demo. Is it because you are quite lazy, clueless or both?"

"Why is your nickname 'Seabass'? It is a stupid name. Surely your mates could of thought of a better one?"

120559001191189503newib4.gif

I'm afraid interview like this has driven by the interviewed. You can bet on this.
You most probably are right. It can't be coincidence that everybody ask such non-questions.
What Level7 should do in their interview with Seabass is also write down if the answer is: "We don't want you to ask this", or similar answers, even if he threats he will finish the interview.
He cannot do that as that would be very bad for the name of Konami.
Then we know if it is registrated by Konami.

Last edited:

I've read in a column by former EDGE journo Mark Wallbank that as there are lots of magazines about gaming they are less critical because they all want this "exclusive" interview with Seabass and other nearly untouchables like Kojima (the guy of MGS). And of course "exclusive" features about very popular games like PES make them sell magazines...

Wallbank pretends that the most objective information about games can be found on forums like this one (he didn't mention this one, and maybe i should not have mentioned this in this particular thread, knowing what i think about this thread in general).

For the Dutch speaking people, Wallbank's column appears every month in GUNK (which i buy, but don't like very much...to me the best game magazine is EDGE, they are great...the only real journalistic way of treating video games and doing it serious...).

im sorry, but these van persie stats are realy wayyyyyyyy of Konami!!

vpersiestats.jpg

Last edited:

we all know there are many under-/overratings in pes ... it will always be

but good to see there are some goalies that are better than julio cesar :D

I've read in a column by former EDGE journo Mark Wallbank that as there are lots of magazines about gaming they are less critical because they all want this "exclusive" interview with Seabass and other nearly untouchables like Kojima (the guy of MGS). And of course "exclusive" features about very popular games like PES make them sell magazines...
I think most magazine do not realize that the companies are also depended from the magazines. It's a two-way road, so to say.

It's worth remembering that in this game we are supposed to be controlling the superstars of world football - kaka, ronaldo, messi, ronaldinho - these guys are pro footballers who can accurately make 99% of the intended passes (obviously less for longer balls)...IMHO switching to 100% manual passes would disturb thye flow of the game and lead to a higher percentage (an unrealistic percenage) of moves breaking down. therefore negatively changing the game experience. maybe there is a happy medium - an equilibrium of passing style!..but for me i like the way you can ping passes around naturally.

i'd rather see othe areas improved first ie. the shooting and all the off field options that have been removed - and as always, THE GOAL NETS!!!

But that is the whole point of a game. If I want a completely realistic percentage of successful passes, I'll watch a match on TV. But when I am playing I want to be in control. Otherwise what's the point of it being a game? I'm a noob who has played the game for a week; 90% of passes reach their target. I'm a pro who has played the game for 3 years; ...90% of passes reach their targets (obviously because the remaining 10% comes from the CPU passing too hard/soft/inaccurate etc.

I know I don't see the appeal at all.

FIFA has 360 control on defence, 8 on offence.

In this case I would wager he was referring to the passing and longpassing, which are also 360 directional and separate to any player movements (and curiously, also something KONAMI could add to the game without needing to add a single animation, if they would just flick the switch to enable the analog stick in the engine). :)

Last edited:

I think most magazine do not realize that the companies are also depended from the magazines. It's a two-way road, so to say.

To be honest Han, the way things are now, i don't think big game companies are dependent on game magazines...
Games like FIFA, PES, GRAN TURISMO, MGS are million sellers...they don't need gaming magazines. When PES wasn't a main stream game they depended on gaming magazines now they don't.
Look at FIFA...they fact that they had mediocre reviews for years did not really affect them. I think it would be interesting if there would be a third good football game...i think both Konami and EA can live with each other...they split a huge market in two parts...no problem there.

These van persie stats are a upgrade ...thanks Konami.
I'll be using van persie in a SS role and when I'm using him it will be like bringing back dennis bergkamp.

Trouble with gamers they worry about stats ..it's not about stats it's about how you use the player that's the beauty of PES ...Fifa will never and I mean NEEEEEVEERRR capture real football as good as PES. please guys can someone bring up the other arsenal players stats for me to look at?? PLEASE I'm frothing at the mouth for this game.

??? Please explain in detail.

When you move your player on defence you have full analog control, 360º. On offence you only go 8 directions, but the passing on manual is also 360º.

And since the animations blend very well, the 8 way movement looks more realistic than PES.

Ruliweb: Winning Eleven 2008 will be released both for PS3 and Xbox360. Since both consoles differ in hardwares, we'd presume that there should be some differences in any form between the two versions. What do you say?

Seabass: It will be released not only for PS3 and Xbox360, but for PS2 as well. The graphics for each version might differ, for each console has its own video power. AI for PS2 is not completely the same. But we've studied and tried hard, so that the gameplay won't be vastly different. These differences aside, however, there are no other differences among all versions....

So the PS2 version has just 12 shirt templates too eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom