WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

what the hell was in hullybul's tea? Been on here for a long time and just had a serious case of the st**red out potty mouth?

As for the ML question Adonis will be e-mailing it through, don't let Seatrout of the hook?

what the hell was in hullybul's tea? Been on here for a long time and just had a serious case of the st**red out potty mouth?

As for the ML question Adonis will be e-mailing it through, don't let Seatrout of the hook?

check out the current interview on the blog for some ML questions aswel as some extra ones.

Nothing new in ML? Really, I thought 20 teams in division 2 was new alone, I must be playing a different version mine only has 8 :(

If adding 12 teams to the 2nd division is enough to make you happily consider that something new then you have my utmost respect :)

Aswell as all the other fancy crap, with popularity and shite, the only reason players came was because of your Wefa ranking, now it should be how popular your team is and how good it is, two factors.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.......I don't care how they dress it up, WEFA ranking or fan prestige are essentially the same things, if you have a low WEFA ranking it's harder to sign players, if your team is less popular with the fans it's harder to sign players, winning matches increases your WEFA rankings and makes it easier to sign players, winning matches increases your fan popularity and makes it easier to sign players, I really cannot see the essential differences which allows "fan popularity" to be called a new feature? :)

tell SeaBass why there is no arabic asiaian teams in the game the Iraqi team won the Asia Cup also so many arabic teams are good ,, and much better then Isreal !!

Because pes doesnt sell well in Arabic countries due to the dominence of unoriginal copies.

What's the difference between this year's PES and WE? Thanks beforehand :)

Edit:
Read the interview, very nice. WE will have English language!

Last edited:

Adam, if at all possible try not to let seabass give you only general, vague answers like he always does, stuff like "we are very happy with our game this year", "we are looking to implement that in future versions", "our staffs is working very hard", etc. Give him specific questions and then hopefully he will answer specifically.

thanks

If WE will have Fantasia mode then I'm definitely looking forward to it......

......well I'll be looking forward to it if they'll add some more leagues at least, so they can't get the EPL, there are shit loads of other leagues they could add if they really gave a toss about their fans, such as Brazil and Argentina, hell they could create a whole South American Fantasia extravaganza where you start as some 16 year old Bolivian kid who tries to work his way from the Bolivian leagues over to a top European team via a few years in Argentina or Brazil, personally I'd love to play something like that.......

i like the sound of this:

- in order to make it more game-like, or finding a right mix of game and the reality.
We're trying to pursue the path where controlling feels like NES and smoothness of screen flows like PS3 -

fun > simulation

Look the difference betwen PES 2008 for PS2 and PS3........,
you continue thinking that is not net gen??? jajajaj

Ronaldinho:

Riberi:

Last edited:

Look the difference betwen PES 2008 for PS2 and PS3........,
you continue thinking that is not net gen??? jajajaj

Ronaldinho:

Riberi:

Well, there are obviously improvements in lighting etc, but not enough for me really.

Also, despite the improved lighting, there is still a camera-fixed "spot-light" following the ball when you observe it in replay. This was used on the PS2 versions, and it is still there (Basically it means that the illusion of one light source (the sun) is ruined since the light, no matter what angle you look at the ball from, is always at for example the upper left side of the ball).

It's the small stuff. :)

Also in those pictures there's no sweat or smaller details that would gice the faces alot more authenticity. Zooming in on the FIFA engine reveals a layer of sweat which looks great in lighting, and the textures in FIFA are extremely high resolution, skin and kits (you can zoom in to the point of the camera clipping through the texture and you still don't really see any pixelation, you can see the fabric texture etc).

Not to mention the overall details of PES are very bad when in wide cameras. It might just be KONAMI having very conservative LOD settings, and that could potentially be sorted with a LOD mixer. But it really lacks the overall look compared to the competitors, despite obviously looking better than it did on the PS2.

LOL thanks :)

For that I'll even propose they include the Peruvian league, then we can aim to be the next Nobby Solano ;)

Peruvian league is terrible, no thanks :lmao: I would prefer to be the next Paolo Guerrero. The only player who plays well both club and national team :lmao:

Solano anyway is a great player, unfortunately he ruined the final part of his career going to West Ham since it is not playing a single minute. He moved there because his family... he gave up his marriage and want to stay close to children :)

Well, there are obviously improvements in lighting etc, but not enough for me really.

Also, despite the improved lighting, there is still a camera-fixed "spot-light" following the ball when you observe it in replay. This was used on the PS2 versions, and it is still there (Basically it means that the illusion of one light source (the sun) is ruined since the light, no matter what angle you look at the ball from, is always at for example the upper left side of the ball).

It's the small stuff. :)

Also in those pictures there's no sweat or smaller details that would gice the faces alot more authenticity. Zooming in on the FIFA engine reveals a layer of sweat which looks great in lighting, and the textures in FIFA are extremely high resolution, skin and kits (you can zoom in to the point of the camera clipping through the texture and you still don't really see any pixelation, you can see the fabric texture etc).

Not to mention the overall details of PES are very bad when in wide cameras. It might just be KONAMI having very conservative LOD settings, and that could potentially be sorted with a LOD mixer. But it really lacks the overall look compared to the competitors, despite obviously looking better than it did on the PS2.

That's next gen? It looks no better than the talebnted teams that edited faces here for us on the ps2 versions? did you look at the surrounding they are bland as anything. 60 bucks for this?

If adding 12 teams to the 2nd division is enough to make you happily consider that something new then you have my utmost respect :)

A rose by any other name is still a rose.......I don't care how they dress it up, WEFA ranking or fan prestige are essentially the same things, if you have a low WEFA ranking it's harder to sign players, if your team is less popular with the fans it's harder to sign players, winning matches increases your WEFA rankings and makes it easier to sign players, winning matches increases your fan popularity and makes it easier to sign players, I really cannot see the essential differences which allows "fan popularity" to be called a new feature? :)

Team Vision is also an old feature renamed in PES 3 or 4 i think it was they highlighted the fact the AI would learn how you play and adapt accordingly.
It would also play harder after conceding a goal and defend deeper after scoring 1.

great winning eleven 2008 will have english language. was gonna get japanese 360 copy anyway so no editing names is a bonus.

As for 20 teams in div 2. yeah it's good although hardly something to get excited about. I mean we will still have the problem that if I start Ligue 1 ML for example I still have to put non french teams in Div 2 so Div 1 ends up being mixed up.

Seabass on IGN trying to make out like having 20 teams in a ML is a big achievement is funny. this was done ages ago in the J-League game for PS2.

great save
[youtube]lYs5j0hhq1w

nice video and good interview on the blog, hopefully Level 7 will be able to get more detailed answers.

i have got a question: with the last game (pes6) it was not possible anymore to change the langues (of the menu, of the commentary etc.)in the game. you even couldn´t use e.g. a german option file on a english copy of the game...

does anybody know if konami now offers the free choice of languages again with pes2008? and if it is again possible to use option files with copies from different countries? i hate the german translation of the menues and the commentary in german is even worse than the english one. so do i have to order my game from the uk if i want english language or is there again the possibility to change languages at the beginning (loading) of pes2008?

thanks

Can this go to Seabass? Ask if NaturalMotion's Euphoria can be implemented in pes 2009. Here's a brief explanation:

Their site http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm

Here's a clip too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI&mode=related&search=

I've made a PESFan suggestion on this topic. Please vote if you glad Euphoria engine. ;)
It's an extremely interesting and promising technology, when next year Backbreaker will be out, finally we'll be able to try it on a sport game! :) I can't wait.

Last edited:

i have got a question: with the last game (pes6) it was not possible anymore to change the langues (of the menu, of the commentary etc.)in the game. you even couldn´t use e.g. a german option file on a english copy of the game...

does anybody know if konami now offers the free choice of languages again with pes2008? and if it is again possible to use option files with copies from different countries? i hate the german translation of the menues and the commentary in german is even worse than the english one. so do i have to order my game from the uk if i want english language or is there again the possibility to change languages at the beginning (loading) of pes2008?

thanks

You have to install the languages you want at the beginning. U can't switch if u didn't install of course (well actually u could do that if u are familiar with pes editing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom