WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

I think the most obvious questions are known han, ML, 360 control, more teams, more work from konami, etc.

Although having seen the latest vid with the ML improvements i fear his response to a ML/real structure question will be; "We are delighted with the new ML structure we have introduced this year. It has been one of our goals over the years and we think this will be an excellent improvement to keep the game up to date for the coming generation"

Something like that..........:(

@ Tiktiktiktik

You can counter that with very specific questions, directing exactly to what you want to hear...
Like this ( my questions ).

1. Konami's ISS series and the early versions of PES has always been reknown for beeing a real football-simulator.
The latest PESses ( in particular PES 6 and PES 4 ) looked more arcadey, because of the high pace and too easy dribbling. Dont you think Konami took the wrong way with the arcadey style? Look at the succes of FIFA 08, who now are more of a simulation than ever and a lot of PES-fans bought it!

2. Can we expect the freedom of 360 degrees control in the next PES? That alone would make a huge difference.

3. If you follow the discussions of most PES-forums, people mostly complain about Konami tweak a lot, but real changes, like a complete Master League overhaul is never there. Isn't it time for a change? Again, look at the succes of FIFA 08, who did change a lot in their competition forms.

4. In a previous interview you told us about your dreams of a 10 vs 10 multiplaying PES. Is reality of this possible in the near feature? Do you have other, new plans concerning on-line play in the near feature?

To me it's fairly simple.

1 Build further on the gameplay of PES5 and make it better with nextgen technology
2 Take a good look at the game modes, and especially themanagermode in FIFA08, take a look at the gameplay too...

Make a comnination of those two things and you'll have a good game...

Found this on ps3only.nl:

A couple of days ago Georges Fornay, President of Sony Computer Entertainment France and vice president of SCE Europe, told the press that there will be an exclusive Pro Evolution 2008 PlayStation 3 bundel in the future.

Today the price and release date of that bundel has been announced. According to a french retailer the bundel will be in the shops on the 14th of november with a price tag of €429,50. It'll be a 40 GB model, one controller and off course our beloved game PES 2008.

http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article....f9a-b4d3-ed2dca0eb3cc&TTL=030420081309&Origin

Found this on ps3only.nl:

A couple of days ago Georges Fornay, President of Sony Computer Entertainment France and vice president of SCE Europe, told the press that there will be an exclusive Pro Evolution 2008 PlayStation 3 bundel in the future.

Today the price and release date of that bundel has been announced. According to a french retailer the bundel will be in the shops on the 14th of november with a price tag of €429,50. It'll be a 40 GB model, one controller and off course our beloved game PES 2008.

http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article....f9a-b4d3-ed2dca0eb3cc&TTL=030420081309&Origin

Well done Sony. They are really going all out for Xmas.

Expect a Singstar bundle as well.

If anyone if interested, this is the question I sent to Adam, that I would ask Seabass:

"Do you feel the choice to stick with digital (8 directional) control for the player movements, but more importantly the long highpass aim, and other controls, limits the game in terms of how much control the human player has when playing the game), and what are your feelings to implementing analog stick functionality into PES to give the human player more choices when aiming passes, shots, through balls and such, thus making the human player not having to rely on the AI to make the correct decision what teammate to aim a pass or longpass at (obviously still keeping the PES stats system there to make sure there is always inaccuracy and variation when shoting, passing etc, and making sure more skilled players are better and more accurate than less skilled players)?"

If anyone if interested, this is the question I sent to Adam, that I would ask Seabass:

"Do you feel the choice to stick with digital (8 directional) control for the player movements, but more importantly the long highpass aim, and other controls, limits the game in terms of how much control the human player has when playing the game), and what are your feelings to implementing analog stick functionality into PES to give the human player more choices when aiming passes, shots, through balls and such, thus making the human player not having to rely on the AI to make the correct decision what teammate to aim a pass or longpass at (obviously still keeping the PES stats system there to make sure there is always inaccuracy and variation when shoting, passing etc, and making sure more skilled players are better and more accurate than less skilled players)?"
Adam tried to read that out loud to Suff, but he passed out through a lack of oxygen. He's currently recovering in hospital wearing an untucked shirt.

My god, I feel for the Japanese translator :shock:
Just split it up in parts, this way you never get a clear answer. In fact, you give Seabass a perfect excuse not to answer the question :D

the ai of defenders should improve to prevent easy cutback goals,those passing lines should be covered better by defenders.
no more crosover with cpu for ps3(to many cheaters or lag-slowdown)for online play.
start negotiations with fifa now to prevent ea from renewing there exclusivitycontract,make sure about the licences we are on a level playingfield with ea for pes 2010.
let the gameplay alone decide who is best footballgame.

My god, I feel for the Japanese translator :shock:
Just split it up in parts, this way you never get a clear answer. In fact, you give Seabass a perfect excuse not to answer the question :D

Translator? If he doesn't answer that in fluent english I am very offended... ;)

I know what you mean, but I honestly feel the question needs to be in its entirety to allow as much nuance and info about how I am thinking as possible. I would feel more comfortable him skipping it, than asking a (to me) incomplete question that fails to convey as much info as possible to him about how I am thinking and what I mean exactly. If he is going to answer the question I also want him to know exactly what I mean, so he doesn't just answer it in a general way, but specifically and extensively (hopefully hehe).

But yeah, I am aware it's a bit long and such... :/

Last edited:

for the lucky french ppl......but its onsale after 14th nov:(?
pesfr.JPG

Last edited:

Adam tried to read that out loud to Suff, but he passed out through a lack of oxygen. He's currently recovering in hospital wearing an untucked shirt.

:lmao:

Is that a dig at my text or Adam's physique? ;)

Yaya, I know it's much, I am a thorough person I suppose, sue me. You should read my PESfan suggestions. ;)

Last edited:

Here's a small explanation (in German) of the Master League. I think it's an original movie from in the game. What's nice to see is that now we have a first AND second division of 20 teams.

Not the 4 lower divisions we all hoped for but still a small improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwkjXGYQaW8
Looks interesting.

Is there any Germans here that clearly explain everything there talking about?

Last edited:

Looks interesting.

Is there any Germans here that clearly explain everything there talking about?

hmm i can translate, my english isnt the best but i try :D

-build up your dream-team (with training, build up young players, with transfers)
-2 leagues in ML, you start in second league (20 teams each)
-first 3 teams will promote
-european competition (if you finnish good place, 1-5 or 1-6, don’t know exactly)
-your team will get popularity points (more popularity points if you have good/very good players in your team)
-easier to buy better players with more popularity points

nothing special

Last edited:

-build up your dream-team (with training, build up young players, with transfers)
-2 leagues in ML, you start in second league (20 teams each)
-first 3 teams will promote
-european competition (if you finnish good place, 1-5 or 1-6, don’t know exactly)
-your team will get popularity points (more popularity points if you have good/very good players in your team)
-easier to buy better players with more popularity points

So despite all the bullshit Konami and their sycophant magazines have been trying to feed us there is nothing new at all in the master league, gee, what a surprise, thanks Konami.......

**** ****** ** * ******* *****, *** *** ******* *** ****!!! ****** ** * ******* *** **** ****** ** * ***** **!!!!!

Probably the most vile thing I ever said to someone.

:lol::lol:

Adonis can you pass this on to the Level 7 guys. I dont know how to word it but can Eric ask Seabass if there was any poosibly that PES 2009 will not be on the PS2 and would that result in a new and actual next gen engine for the game.

Plus how would he (Seabass) feel if his team had the excellent MGS4 engine at their disposal?

Its a lot I know, thanks in advance.

new vids
HIF vs Hammarby
ftp://ftp.gameconnect.se/ps3/movies/pes2008_hif-hammarby_2_half.MOV
ftp://ftp.gameconnect.se/ps3/movies/pes2008_hif-hammarby_1_half.MOV

Before anyone bashes the vids again.....i must say this is the first vid i liked
and its the first pitch that i have seen that i liked:)
Only the crowd still looks fake:( but the overall classic PES gameplay was there:)
and yes on the vids looks again that the gameplay was super fast.....but thats how it looks if its filmed from a camera.

Last edited:

So despite all the bullshit Konami and their sycophant magazines have been trying to feed us there is nothing new at all in the master league, gee, what a surprise, thanks Konami.......

Exactly.

infact its pretty much in conjuction with the rest of the game, not much different except of shirt pulling with finger and thumb,slightly better graphics and a dive feature......wooooppeeeeeeeeeee they realy have pulled out all the stops this year.

Ask seabass why he does not put south american leagues (brasil argentina and mexico would be appreciated).

Ok Adam, hopefully erik can put this to seabass ;)

Alot of people will post gameplay questions, however...

In terms of improving comentary, I believe that to be able to get comentary to flow well, the comentators should be given a senario with the possibility to adlib the content. This would result in a very natural style to the comentary and hopefully improve the atmospheric experience.

Not sure how viable this would be but the current script is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom